Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Abandonware is abandoned!

Hümmelgümpf

Arbiter
http://forums.obsidian.net/index.php?s= ... t&p=901171
Meshugger said:
From what i gather, Dashus hasn't been involved since the first of september. Apparently, it is due to personal reasons. But it also seems like he his the one pulling threads or so to speak, since he is the buildmaster. Doesn't Team-Gizka have anyone that can replace him? By the looks of it, the project seems to be at a complete stall at the moment. Surely there has to be people out there with more motivation and equal knowledge, right?

http://forums.obsidian.net/index.php?s= ... t&p=901274
Darth_Windu said:
As far as I'm aware, no, Dash is needed. Unfortunately he hasn't been in contact for some time because of personal reasons, which of course take precedance. My understanding though is that no-one else can fill his shoes at the moment.

:lol:

I would really like to play Kotor 2 the way it was meant to play, but this is just getting sadder and sadder...

skyway said:

Hey, weren't you the one who played the leaked version? How was it? Where can I get it?

Shannow

Waster of Time
Internet casts *vaporvare* and team gizka melts to a puddle of greenish goo.

While I didn't like the way they acted, I was looking forward to the project. It also seemed more or less finished with the leaked version and all.

MetalCraze

Arcane
Drunken Irishman said:
Hey, weren't you the one who played the leaked version? How was it? Where can I get it?

TSLRP added much integrity to the otherwise damaged storyline which helps you to see how good Avellone as a writer more. However that came with a price - it still has a noticeable number of minor annoying bugs which can be bypassed if you have a bit of patience (just remember to save often and in different slots - I recommend saving before visiting a planet for the first time and also every 1 or 2 hours in a chosen slot for that just in case) - but nothing terrible really. The only thing that was disappointing on my playthrough (besides locked droid factory - but I knew about that) is that when you try to sacrifice Visas the game just halts - the solution is not to sacrifice her when that moment comes.

also a heavier spoilers warning if you haven't played the game:

It also has minor annoyances like a character voiced by team-gizka (just turn your volume down to 0, because voice-acting is awful) and when you come to free your party members in the end (if you've turned all of them into Jedi) they all have the exactly same not-voiced dialogue and you can even play Pazaak with Atton in his camera.

But that leaked version is still worth playing - because despite its annoyances it makes KotOR2 better than it was.

You can get it at the most beloved place of every Codexer on the internets.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
So NOW we can beg Drog to put a week of work to TSLRP leak to do what apparently otherwise would take several millenia?

Disconnected

Scholar
But seriously, moths.
moths.jpg

But seriously, have some. They're good for you.

MMMmmmm!

Wyrmlord

Arcane
Look guys, just explain something.

Is it that you enjoy pointing and laughing at Team Gizka, and their incompetency? If so, that is totally cool and acceptable.

But is that you are frustrated at them not completing it? Then that is a little silly. You do not have any personal stake in THEIR project, so why does it matter? It's not your loss, only theirs.

Perhaps it is most likely the former. But anyway, I just realized...that I have grown much older in the year since it was first announced. Damn. I was, what, 13-14 back then? Now I am going to be 18 in 3 months. It's crazy.

Hümmelgümpf

Arbiter
The former. I've read a lot about what was cut on the forums and explored the game files with KotOR Tools myself. Playing the game as it was meant to be would be nice, but I'm satisfied with simply knowing what was supposed to happen.

Plus, dialogue files have writer's commentaries in them. It's like watching a DVD!

MetalCraze

Arcane
It was the former at first, but now it is all about laughing at them. Simply because after so much time the interest died down, I've played the leak and know how the game should've been and also because what's left of TG is a bunch of clowns.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Damn , I thought this was about ESA closing down abandonware sites or something.

Texas Red

Whiner
I had a perfectly fine experience with the leaked version and I don't give a shit if they release a true one or not. Anyone who is waiting just stop, download the leaked TSLRP and enjoy.

TripJack

Hedonist
Weren't they supposedly like 1 or 2 'builds' away from release? Granted such a thing would probably be (at least) 50 years away, but still. Kind of disappointing, I guess.

Alright, it's not that disappointing.

Monocause

Arcane
It came to me right now that the whole Team Gizka failure should be carefully scrutinised by a certain indie dev making a game that most Codexers are waiting for.

jaylittle

Scholar
Is anybody truly surprised? I know I'm not. I see from that thread Darth Windu is still kissing TG's ass like the pansy bitch that he is. Well whomever leaked it ought to just come out and admit it because at this point, they clearly saved the world from having to ride the TG bullshit train eternally.

These jackasses will never release this project on their own. Which is a shame because they have done some decent work but at the rate they are going, armageddon will have come and gone beforehand.

I mean it's just a game mod for crying out loud! It's not like they are Michelangelo and TSL is the Sistine Chapel, so just release the damn thing already and move on with your lives. God forbid the work be officially taken up by somebody else in the modding community with the time, the talent and the drive to put this thing to rest for good.

If you've like to play TSLRP, look no further than TPB for the download which I am still seeding even today :) Based upon my ratio, I've seeded 465 copies of this thing since I started helping it along way back when. I can also see some new comments were posted to the TPB page since I last checked it.

Damn there are a lot of TG ass kissers wandering around out there.

Helton

Arcane
Monocause said:
It came to me right now that the whole Team Gizka failure should be carefully scrutinised by a certain indie dev making a game that most Codexers are waiting for.

No, not really, I don't think so.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom