Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

About the grimoire project.

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
Did he email you a promise and picture of his penis?

TheGreatGodPan

Arbiter
SkeleTony said:
I don't typically use 'chat-speak'. Have seen the 'word' used so much in the last few months(usually as comic relief) that it kind of just came out.
Well, young man, this is your last warning. Don't let it happen again!:wink:

But in any case, if you knew of me you wouldn't have said any of that. I probably spend close to 40-50 hours a week engaged in debate and I do not say "stupid shit". I don't commit logical fallacies and such. No 'attacking the person to avoid addressing the argument' or straw men or equivocation fallacies etc.

But if you ever come across a debate I have participated in wherein I have said "stupid shit" then I will gladly bow to your God-like intuition.

Until then kiddo...shut up before you embarrass yourself here.

P.S. who COULDN'T best Cleve Blakemoore ina debate?! I could see being skeptical if I had claimed to have 'pwned' Daniel Dennet or someone like that but Cleve?!
The fact that you spent a lot of time debating Cleve and were emotionally invested enough to get upset over him editing your posts to make you look stupid does not do much for my respect for you. Arguing with Cleve Blakemore is like competing in the special Olympics, a butter-eating contest and a debate with Cleve Blakemore all at the same time.

Lord Chambers

Erudite
The game is not vaporware. We'll get it whenever Cleve leaves his bunker to find a new water chip.

SkeleTony

Augur
TheGreatGodPan said:
SkeleTony said:
I don't typically use 'chat-speak'. Have seen the 'word' used so much in the last few months(usually as comic relief) that it kind of just came out.
Well, young man, this is your last warning. Don't let it happen again!:wink:

But in any case, if you knew of me you wouldn't have said any of that. I probably spend close to 40-50 hours a week engaged in debate and I do not say "stupid shit". I don't commit logical fallacies and such. No 'attacking the person to avoid addressing the argument' or straw men or equivocation fallacies etc.

But if you ever come across a debate I have participated in wherein I have said "stupid shit" then I will gladly bow to your God-like intuition.

Until then kiddo...shut up before you embarrass yourself here.

P.S. who COULDN'T best Cleve Blakemoore ina debate?! I could see being skeptical if I had claimed to have 'pwned' Daniel Dennet or someone like that but Cleve?!
The fact that you spent a lot of time debating Cleve and were emotionally invested enough to get upset over him editing your posts to make you look stupid does not do much for my respect for you. Arguing with Cleve Blakemore is like competing in the special Olympics, a butter-eating contest and a debate with Cleve Blakemore all at the same time.

You make it sound like I sought him out or something? And i especially did not seek him out as a challenge to my debate skills or intellect.

What happened was that someone pointed me towards his forums where he was evidently having a break down and seemed to be in the midst of a crisis of faith or some such. He was posting all sorts of crap about being done with the libertarian party(he used to pimp them like they were the first coming of Atkins!) and similar stuff. I, in my optimistic way(not typical of me) decided to play nice and not start any shit. He started up some discussions about comic book artists like Steve Ditko, indie CRPGs like Natuk and P.O.W.S.(which I worked on as a graphic artist ) etc. and I was asking him game-related stuff that had absolutely nothing to do with politics in the hopes that maybe he was having an epiphany and we were about to see a new Cleve.

But then out of nowhere he starts asking me religious and political questions. I answered them respectfully and without denigrating anyone else's(I am a liberal progressive and atheist). Then he launches a full on salvo of absurd attacks, straw men etc. at me.

What he did with my posts was the equivalent of some mod taking what YOU wrote here and replacing it with "Debatez R stupidd!11 The olny batez I do is MASTERBATEZ!! LOL!!11" and then quoting THAT and responding to it in a new reply to try and make you look like an imbecile . I did not take any heavy emotional investment. I just left his forums.

cutterjohn

Cipher
Bandwidth Limit Exceeded
The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to the site owner reaching his/her bandwidth limit. Please try again later.
Holy Shit! He may actually beat DNF out...

Google cache just has something about the site is temporarily down, etc. Looks like it didn't really cache everything either...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom