Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Ace of Spades.

Luzur

Good Sir
would be fun if it could work.

Pony King

Educated
It would also be nice if every game didn't end with a hacker being an ass, or perhaps I'm just unlucky?

SoupNazi

It works for me just fine because ever since 0.26 I've been using a server browser that automatically pings every server so you immediately see which server you'll be able to join or not. 0.3x works even without it. As for hackers, it's a problem but votekick does work and so does admin kicking now on 0.3x - and they aren't all that common. I usually get bored when I get around 150 kills though so perhaps I just don't play enough.

Trash said:
MetalCraze said:
Indies are a fucking disgrace of PC platform.

Indies are a return to the formula of succes that made pc gaming in the 80's and early 90's so great. A guy or a few guys cobbling together something in their basement that might or might not work. Sure, you have to wade through a pile of shit to get to the gems. Just like you did in those days. But at least you can count on some creativity, originality and fucking love to be poured into these games instead of the products resulting from the daily grind in the cubicle farm at EA or Activision.

:salute:

Pelvis Knot

Cipher
Pony King said:
It would also be nice if every game didn't end with a hacker being an ass, or perhaps I'm just unlucky?

Probably unlucky, but there are more than enough griefers/hackers. They are not a problem on severs where people aren't too lazy to votekick.

Destroid

Arcane
SoupNazi said:
It works for me just fine because ever since 0.26 I've been using a server browser that automatically pings every server so you immediately see which server you'll be able to join or not. 0.3x works even without it. As for hackers, it's a problem but votekick does work and so does admin kicking now on 0.3x - and they aren't all that common. I usually get bored when I get around 150 kills though so perhaps I just don't play enough.

Link plz

oscar

Arcane
Hmmm worked well for a while for me but lately I've only ever been getting "sever full or misconfigured", on every single server I try to join (doesn't matter if it has one person or thirty, ping is twenty or five hundred).

Hobo Elf

Arcane
I enjoy the fact that it has destructible enviroment. A bunch of blue faggots were holed up in their bunker and I ended up shooting holes into their bunker from an angle where they couldn't get me and then threw a grenade in the bunker through one of the holes and killed everyone inside.

Deakul

Augur
It's fun destroying massive useless structures and lapping up the tears of rage that follow afterwards.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom