Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Review ActionTrip praises The Witcher - 91%

Hümmelgümpf

Arbiter
I don't think anyone posted it in a news comment thread before, but...

In before retardo.

One-guy

Novice
Vault Dweller said:
@ Kingston: Nope. Too much stuff to deal with: busy period at work, moving to a new house, several interviews for the Codex, and that AoD video that should be out this week.

Well, play it before you praise to that. Bashing idiotic review is not the same that making good opinion aboutthe game you never played before. Personaly i think that game is great, but I'm not sure 4 example if you wont be disapointed. Cheers.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
I'm not praising the game yet. I merely agreed with: "In this day and age of shallow and heavily compromised games that are after cheap thrills backed up by ridiculous sums of money spent on pretentious marketing campaigns..."

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
Another reason why CDProjekt is so awesome (and I'm a fanboi):

http://www.gram.pl/felieton.asp?id=1880&str=1

Here Michal Kicinski not only links to the Codex :wink:, but also claims the team will be adamant in supporting The Witcher, release the toolset and a demo and even create free modules for all registered users of the game! (I have no idea about the language versions.) But what really surprised me is that, after (in)directly screwing a few things up with the Collector's Edition in Poland, they're giving a free 100zl voucher to be used in their shop. 100zl is a price of a new game, so basically they're giving each Polish CE buyer a new full-price game of their choice.

Keep up the good work, I hope it'll pay off :D

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
......that's fucking generous lol. Good to hear they started in the right footing.

Texas Red

Whiner
A demo, eh? Thats not the best idea, imo, as Vizima is a lot better than the outskirts.

Texas Red

Whiner
Elwro said:
Why do you think Vizima won't be in the demo?

Outskirts and the tutorial are huge. It is a prologue and a full act after all. And even if they would put Vizima in it, which is doubtful, it wouldnt serve well because most demo players just download the game, get their first impression and if its favourable, they continue, if not, they quit.

It will be the same as with these so called reviewers who clearly played only 1st act and were disappointed.

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
I'm not sure if they won't prepare the demo from some of the middle portions of the game - we'll see. It won't be just a "cut and release" job.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom