Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Advertising AdBlock

spekkio

Arcane
ITdenT said:
1389_4144_500.jpeg
:thumbsup:

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Are you using AdBlock?

How would you feel if I disabled it?

:smug:
Hey DU.

I feel like SMT on the matter.

They are too annoying for me; even with Talu being good about getting rid of the annoying ones. But there are always new ones.

I know I could disable ads for money but I can barely buy enough food to not starve; I haven't bought any games, alcohol, clothes or anything non-essential since last May.

I feel like I've been here long enough to enjoy an ad-free experience out of sheer seniority and entitlement. Almost ten years soon!

If you disabled it I'd feel saddened and annoyed but would likely, in the end, bear it grudgingly. I guess we're not entitled to free entertainment. And you've brought me so much joy already.

Another consideration: if I had to see the ads I would hit my bandwidth limit too quickly. I can only use 5000 MB a month; after that my speed is 4 kb / s which makes it very hard to do anything.

:negative:

Last edited:

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Another consideration: if I had to see the ads I would hit my bandwidth limit too quickly. I can only use 5000 MB a month; after that my speed is 4 kb / s which makes it very hard to do anything.
I really hope you mean 4MB/s, because otherwise that'd be slower than dialup.

Ranselknulf

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Disabling adblock would be a public service.

All the money people could be saving by taking advantage of the special offers is reason enough.

Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I use adblock, and ghostery. I also pitch in to all campaigns codex runs. I've disabled adblock for codex just now, and the only difference is affiliate links. How much do you get if you buy stuff through those?

Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Not bad then. Will remember to use it to buy good books recommended on the reading thread.

Back on topic - I don't care if you disable it, as long as I don't have to do anything tedious to be able to browse codex and have adblock running on other sites.

skuphundaku

Economic devastator, Mk. 11
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2 My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
DarkUnderlord, if you want to fuck with those using AdBlock, on top of the fascist moderation style (like tagging people that disagree with mods and shit like that), then you've really lost your way and forgot why you had to leave TerraArcanum and start the Codex. If you think that continuously fucking with people is in some way better than outright locking threads, I am disappoint.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Blocking adblock users from posting won't achieve anything because people who use it are not very likely to click on ads, even if you force them to see all the advertisements on the page. And there are other ways of blocking ads anyway.
There are other things I can disable. :smug: :smug: :smug:

:smug: :smug: :smug: :smug: :smug: :smug: :smug: :smug: :smug: :smug: :smug: :smug: :smug: :smug: :smug: :smug:

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

KamelĂĄsĂĄ!
Patron
I'd like to see more posts in this thread from people who are actually using adblock.
I gave money to the codex for ad-free browsing, yet I am prevented from posting in this thread without exposing my browser to shit in other tabs. Since I am no longer receiving the service I paid for, I would like a full refund.

I encourage all codex patrons to follow this example. Say no to the Aussies rotten potatoes.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

KamelĂĄsĂĄ!
Patron
Test.

If this shows up, there's a fairly simple way to bypass the anti-adblock script with greasemonkey, which can be easily shared with other people. I guess it's a question of whether or not you want to risk the donation goodwill and end up in an arms race with a forum full of programmers who will take this as ample encouragement to circumvent your efforts.

Kaucukovnik

Cipher
You are happy to get paid for displaying ads nobody ever clicks, so shove that moral high ground. You don't guarrantee your advertisers income, why would you expect the same?

And yeah, your magic is strong and I had to disable adblock to post this. Now stick that magic in your portfolio and move on, please.

dnf

Pedophile
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Are you using AdBlock?

How would you feel if I disabled it?

Hey DU.

I feel like SMT on the matter.

They are too annoying for me; even with Talu being good about getting rid of the annoying ones. But there are always new ones.

I know I could disable ads for money but I can barely buy enough food to not starve; I haven't bought any games, alcohol, clothes or anything non-essential since last May.

I feel like I've been here long enough to enjoy an ad-free experience out of sheer seniority and entitlement. Almost ten years soon!

If you disabled it I'd feel saddened and annoyed but would likely, in the end, bear it grudgingly. I guess we're not entitled to free entertainment. And you've brought me so much joy already.

:negative:
Fucking poorfags, you woudn't adblock a car would you? I used to give one internet a day to the codex, but since admins here are a bunch of worthless cunts they can suck my dick.

Ranselknulf

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Fuck internet explorer, you can't even uninstall that shit on windows 8. Only choose an option to "disable" it.
That's what you deserve for using Windows 8.

I know, but you can't really understand how bad a system is until you've used it and tried to modify it.

Linux will be coming for me soon ;p

but, i do have the same sentiments for people who use internet explorer.

Applypoison

Numantian Games
Patron
Developer
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I use Adblock mostly for uninterupted streams or online videos, since there's no avoiding ads on those. When I start browsing a forum/news portal on a regular basis, I just support it. So, if Adblock was disabled, I'd fall back on those precious potatoes.

That said, it's possible that being invaded by Ads might turn off some people who would've eventually donated (optimistic, I know)

skuphundaku

Economic devastator, Mk. 11
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2 My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
I use Adblock mostly for uninterupted streams or online videos, since there's no avoiding ads on those. When I start browsing a forum/news portal on a regular basis, I just support it. So, if Adblock was disabled, I'd fall back on those precious potatoes.

That said, it's possible that being invaded by Ads might turn off some people who would've eventually donated (optimistic, I know)
Appeasment never works. I should know. Look at all those fools that fell for my ruse in the '30s.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom