Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

After so many patches and DLC - Poe1 Worth playing?

cretin

Arcane
Douchebag!
Ive currently got tons of rpgs installed on my computer and I just want to know if poe1 is worth playing through now or is it a waste of time?

Ive played a bit of deadfire and generally enjoyed it aside from dumbfuck neurotic companions dropping reddit quips every few minutes

Fluent

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
i enjoyed it on release. Some would say it's boring but it reminded me of baldur's gate 1 - slow, methodical, thoughtful. Probably (or maybe definitely) in the minority opinion here but i liked it and will revisit it in the future. cheers on whatever u decide. <3

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
It's not amazing or anything, it's got a host of issues if you ask me, but if you mostly enjoyed Deadfire, you'll probably enjoy PoE1.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
POE is just painfully mediocre, the whole game just stinks of wasted potential. The game's whole "every character must be viable" philosophy is cancerous as well.

I actually ended up enjoying Deadfire slightly more because the base gameplay felt slightly better. It still has a lot of issues, but the balance feels less "no fun allowed".

Yosharian

Arcane
Not really. I guess if you're desperate for an RPG. The DLC is alright. Not as special as some claim it to be, but it's alright.

SmoothPimp

Educated
It's too academical, even generic, overly oldskul oriented. I've expected more creative freedom from crowdfunding projects. RtwP is shit - whatever you do, you inevitably got into engagement mess. Though it's not bad, if you're out of options for really good games - there are some decent moments in quests, dialogs, mechanic. Overall it felt like people with big experience had to come up with something without interesting vision and ideas.

Darth Canoli

Arcane
Ive currently got tons of rpgs installed on my computer and I just want to know if poe1 is worth playing through now or is it a waste of time?

Ive played a bit of deadfire and generally enjoyed it aside from dumbfuck neurotic companions dropping reddit quips every few minutes

You should never play PoE even if for some reason you think you like RTWP.
There's nothing there.
  • Bland PC
  • RTwP combat mess
  • Retarded characteristics system and below larian level skills & spells
  • Story and dialogs from uninspired to plain bad.
Also, don't ask opposite questions in the title and your first post, you're only confusing yourself.

If you crave for a good RPG and think you played them all, you actually didn't, there's some good indies or older classics you didn't play, that's where the fun is.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
It should be noted that a sizeable portion of this site has convinced itself to like the taste of shit cachu because they're that desperate for any sort of CRPG.

BarbequeMasta

Learned
It's better than PoE2 at least, simply due to the fact that the highest diffculty doesn't assume you're completly braindead, and the companions aren't shitty copies of Bioware faggy romance baits.
The White March is honestly the best content obisdian has made since new Vegas, which I know isn't a high bar but IMO it's fairly great, it's the main reason that bamboozled me into thinking the sequel wouldn't suck despite all the signs being there before release.

deama

Prophet
I didn't like it, but I didn't like deadfire either.
I'd say go with tyranny, I enjoyed that one.

Butter

Arcane
Patron
It's better than Deadfire, but it doesn't do anything better than the IE games. If you really need some RTwP action and you've played BG2 and IWD 20 times each, maybe give it a go.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom