Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Age of Decadence Released on Steam Early Access

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
I saw Project Zomboid on the front page for more than a day... seems like Steam gripe is with AoD specifically...

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Surely he would wait until after the full release before even considering a sale?

Early Access games can and do have sales too.

In the long run, though, AoD will need a base price reduction to truly sell well. 25 dollars is too high.

Elhoim

Iron Tower Studio
Developer
Having a sale now will only hurt us in the long run. We aren't starving, far from it, plus having a sale before the full release is a kick to the teeth of the people who bought the game at full price.

The game is niche enough that it can keep the high price. But a slight price reduction after full release would help matters. Some Early Access games (like Nuclear Throne, Loadout and Planetary Annihilation) are going to do that.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
I would love to see an indie RPG humble bundle, with Underrail, AoD, Project Zomboid, Expeditions and what not. In the future of course, once all these games are out and made enough money to support themselves.

Johannes

Arcane
I would love to see an indie RPG humble bundle, with Underrail, AoD, Project Zomboid, Expeditions and what not. In the future of course, once all these games are out and made enough money to support themselves.
I could pay a dorra for that, if it doesn't have DRM. Heck, I could even pay two.

JoKa

Cipher

Expeditions already became Bundle-fodder, so no buy from me!

Elhoim

Iron Tower Studio
Developer
not wanting to do a sale is all fine and good but
having a sale before the full release is a kick to the teeth of the people who bought the game at full price
how do you figure this?

Common sense. Maybe most people wouldn't mind, but it's kinda dickish from our part if we sold the game at $25 from our site, and then sell it at $20 on Steam before the game is out. At least, that's how we see it, and in the end, what's matters. Until the release of the game, the price is $25. Once the game has been out for a few months, we'll get into sales and such.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
not wanting to do a sale is all fine and good but
having a sale before the full release is a kick to the teeth of the people who bought the game at full price
how do you figure this?

Common sense. Maybe most people wouldn't mind, but it's kinda dickish from our part if we sold the game at $25 from our site, and then sell it at $20 on Steam before the game is out. At least, that's how we see it, and in the end, what's matters. Until the release of the game, the price is $25. Once the game has been out for a few months, we'll get into sales and such.

But sales are temporary. By that logic, every time somebody buys a game on Steam that goes on sale two weeks later, they get kicked in the teeth.

Monty

Arcane
But sales are temporary. By that logic, every time somebody buys a game on Steam that goes on sale two weeks later, they get kicked in the teeth.
I do think it's a bit different when the game has yet to be released though. Usually the choice is to pay full price and play the game now, or wait for a discount in the future but miss out on playing the game when it is brand new. If you have a sale before the full game has even come out and those who bought on sale play the full game on day 1 like those who pre-ordered at a higher price... it does seem a bit of a knock for those who paid full price.

I get your point about the likes of Underrail, but Styg seems to have done so well that everything is 'gravy' now. In general I do think you have to offer those who paid full price something in return, such as playing the game before those who get in on sale.

AstroZombie

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin
Besides, what most people who have bought the game at this stage probably want is more games like this being done. I don't think it is about 5 or 10 $ for them.

I agree. If a discount means more sales and more sales means more games like this then hit that discount button*, Vince!

*I don't think that's how things work :p

AbounI

Colonist
Patron
Besides, what most people who have bought the game at this stage probably want is more games like this being done. I don't think it is about 5 or 10 $ for them.
True, and it's the same for any kickstarter project.One can donate only 20 or 25 buckets, so why many give much more if it is not to show strong interest? (I don't think it's just a matter of rewards)

DefJam101

Arcane
VD I know you're a businessman at heart but you've gotta understand that most people buying AoD at this stage just want to support the development of non-shitty CRPGs. As long as the game succeeds, we really don't care about the money.

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath
Sad but true. Though I will also say I'm constantly feeling kicked in the teeth by Steam sales.

Black

Arcane
Now that I traded my gold for EA AoD can you please add the option to switch to real-time with pause?

On a more serious note, shortcuts for trading, like M for All and enter for accept.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

Now that I traded my gold for EA AoD can you please add the option to switch to real-time with pause?

On a more serious note, shortcuts for trading, like M for All and enter for accept.
Same for looting. It should default to taking all of something.

Bilgefar

Savant
Vault Dweller why isn't your game Muslim friendly?

http://steamcommunity.com/app/230070/discussions/0/648814300295339741/

So far I've really loved the game. Interesting setting, cool NPC's, and great combat system. However, I noticed that on the table and underneath a candle in Feng's house there is a page of what is very noticably the Quran. It's really dissapointing to see this in a video game (and it's happened before with Diablo III). Please, is there any way I could ask for such representions to be removed they are seen as disrespectful. All the rest of the Islamic motif's where really awesome btw, its one of the reasons I bought the game.

:lol:

Dickie

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
So far I've really loved the game. Interesting setting, cool NPC's, and great combat system. However, I noticed that on the table and underneath a candle in Feng's house there is a page of what is very noticably the Quran. It's really dissapointing to see this in a video game (and it's happened before with Diablo III). Please, is there any way I could ask for such representions to be removed they are seen as disrespectful. All the rest of the Islamic motif's where really awesome btw, its one of the reasons I bought the game.

:lol:
Is that even text on those things? I thought it was just some squiggles.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
How the fuck does he even figure what that is from the view distance in this game? Could even be Arabian Nights for all anyone knows.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom