Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Age of Decadence - Tips, Tricks and Spoilers

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Yeah, 3 if you wanna skip carpet store guy (you also need CS to kill the guard). Btw, in case anyone is wondering what "decent dex and STR" means: dex + str equal or greater than 16. Less if you have a climbing hook (tg only).

Lockpick 4 will make you miss carpet store quest (need 5), but you need 6 for hellgate anyway so...

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Yeah, 3 if you wanna skip carpet store guy (you also need CS to kill the guard). Btw, in case anyone is wondering what "decent dex and STR" means: dex + str equal or greater than 16. Less if you have a climbing hook (tg only).
Or you can just loot a climbing hook in the graveyard if you have decent Per.

kryminator

Augur

Lockpick 4 will make you miss carpet store quest (need 5), but you need 6 for hellgate anyway so...
IIRC, sneak 3 is also enough to pass sneak check in carpet store quest. Btw. what is behind that closed door? Yellow gem only or something more? Or something totally different? I always do this quest via body count path and after that I am only CSing guard to boost my CS rating.

Tigranes

Arcane
Climbing hooks are sold in Maadoran, but not in Teron. In Teron, the only sources are the Thieves' fence and the graveyard.

The hook is not entirely throwing-dependent. E.g. in the Teron Palace, I believe throwing the hook - and then failing due to everybody having 1 Throwing - still lowers the dex/str check to climb. (This, I think, is a mistake of the dialogue not reflecting changes in the skill check, or something.) There's also one spot where keep throwing it enough, and it will work because you have all the time in the world.

Tick Tock Crocodile

Just finished an IG playthrough, and I noticed that my ending mentioned that I had gotten my position through political maneuvering rather than success in battle. However, I went almost full murderhobo during this playthrough. The only real thing I talked my way through was the Outpost/Bandit situation. Is it the Manipulator rep from that quest that leads to this or is it something else?

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Yeah same here. Some ppl reported that it's possible to get the best IG ending even at 4 charisma, but I never did. I'm guessing you have to side with Meru instead of Gaelius? Dunno.

ZagorTeNej

Arcane
Yeah same here. Some ppl reported that it's possible to get the best IG ending even at 4 charisma, but I never did. I'm guessing you have to side with Meru instead of Gaelius? Dunno.

I think 17 IG reputation is the breaking point, it gets you the best ending and you can reach it even with 4 CHA:

screenshot_010_00001.jpg

That's as good ending as you're gonna get too (regarding Paullus allying with Gaelius, there are two other options). I got the same one with as high IG reputation as I could manage with a high CHA char:

screenshot_009_00001.jpg

Endings are a bit one-dimensional and gamey in that they only check reputation, nothing else matters (stats, bodycount, traits etc.).

Tick Tock Crocodile

Endings are a bit one-dimensional and gamey in that they only check reputation, nothing else matters (stats, bodycount, traits etc.).

Oh, that ending makes sense, then. I'd only managed to get up to 13 IG rep or something like that. I was under the impression that your traits could affect the ending because during one Chosen One playthrough I brought Paullus to Agathoth and the ending slide mentioned that I was a 'holy woman' or something like that. That might have been the high House Crassus rep, then? Though I haven't played enough to be sure if rep affects the Agathoth endings at all.

hivemind

I brought Paullus to Agathoth and the ending slide mentioned that I was a 'holy woman' or something like that. That might have been the high House Crassus rep, then
I presume it has more to do with you serving an ancient tentacle god than convincing a preacher that you are Jesus.

Tick Tock Crocodile

I presume it has more to do with you serving an ancient tentacle god than convincing a preacher that you are Jesus.

That was probably it. I think I was just a bit confused by at as I had done all the Lord-Agathoth endings during a non-Chosen One playthrough, and while I always became the right-hand man or whatever, it never specifically said anything about being a holy person iirc. So when I did Paullus-Agathoth as Chosen One and it did say that, I thought it had something to do with the trait.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I think I might be stuck. I'm getting killed in Hellgate and in the river, my crafting isn't high enough to take me to the temple. I can't enter zamedi, and I don't have much luck in the library. Where does one find rock oil? That might help me a little.

Tigranes

Arcane
Have you done everything else you can do, e.g. finish the questline in Ganezzar? Are there no additional sources of SP or gold?

How can you be getting killed in Hellgate? The robots are easy for any halfway competent fighter, and if you're not, the dialogue checks to get the amulet off Bennie is very low, which means there's no combat required at Hellgate.

Do you know how to enter Zamedi? You need to go to Inferiae, or get something from Gaelius.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Have you done everything else you can do, e.g. finish the questline in Ganezzar? Are there no additional sources of SP or gold?

How can you be getting killed in Hellgate? The robots are easy for any halfway competent fighter, and if you're not, the dialogue checks to get the amulet off Bennie is very low, which means there's no combat required at Hellgate.

Do you know how to enter Zamedi? You need to go to Inferiae, or get something from Gaelius.
Ganezzar is bugged.
I need to talk to Meru but I already did the ritual and he is now Balzaar.
In Hellgate, the first robot easily kills me. I have nothing spent in combat skills. Where is this Bennie guy anyway?

I now understand how to get in to Zamedi, but the problem is that I took the tube from the minaret. If I enter Inferiae, I don't seem to be able to get out.

Urbanolo

Augur
Ganezzar is bugged.
In Hellgate, the first robot easily kills me. I have nothing spent in combat skills. Where is this Bennie guy anyway?

I now understand how to get in to Zamedi, but the problem is that I took the tube from the minaret. If I enter Inferiae, I don't seem to be able to get out.
Go back to Ganezzar and persuade someone to kill the robot for you. You can also use the bomb found on the body in Hellgate.

Tigranes

Arcane

Ganezzar is bugged.

Ganezzar: What guild are you, or what questlines did you take to end up where you are? Sometimes the journal display is bugged.

If you spent nothing in combat skills, then:
(1) You can do what Urbanolo said about persuading.
(2) However, Urbanolo is wrong about the bomb in Hellgate. That bomb is used elsewhere. What you use is the nullifier, which is found in Zamedi, so you might want to go to Zamedi first.
(3) Do you mean that you've already finished Inferiae? In any case:

What you need to enter Zamedi is a demon's heart. One is the heart of the demon you kill in Inferiae (by overloading the machine or in combat). Another is in Gaelius' body, or he gives it to you when you serve him. What exactly have you done? Taking the tube from the minaret should be irrelevant, but returning to Inferiae a second time via village may mean fighting.

Urbanolo

Augur
(2) However, Urbanolo is wrong about the bomb in Hellgate. That bomb is used elsewhere. What you use is the nullifier, which is found in Zamedi, so you might want to go to Zamedi first.

I meant the bomb you find right before the robot. You need lore and crafting and it does ~30dmg. Enough to almost finish the robot off.

You probably thought I was talking about the spear.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom