Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Turn-Based Tactics Age of Fear

vitellus

the irascible
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
age of fear is a set of top down turn based tactical games where you move tokens about a gridless field where your team is given the turn and execute commands with your troops be it melee humanoid or magical creatures or animal soldier or varying shades in-between; you then watch the ai take their turn in similar fashion. i am certain most of you have heard of or played this. i am bringing this series up because they are fun. i was able to scoop up the (very pricey) age of fear: total during the last steam sale for half price and have been enjoying the fact that the battles can range from a five minute whip-em-down to a thirty minute war of attrition where you make it through with your avatar and a couple of spare units. at an overall normal difficulty, the one skull (easy) battles are an exercise in resolving them quickly so you can get money, and the three skull (hard) battles have numerous enemies and a mix of melee and magic where smart movement and unit placement makes all the difference in keeping your unit numbers up. after a about a dozen or so battles, you'll have enough xp to level up your dudes. some of the tanky units are stupidly op and best avoided if you want a challenge. the 'free world' version is free but just random battles on the big map. the total version includes everything released and any shit in the future, you can buy the campaigns a la carte, but whatever. devs a fuckin' stand up dude, helped me via personal emails to resolve some wonky issue that apparently was popping up with others where battles hung on start. get it if you aren't a cheap fuck, give money to a dude, not a corporation.

the free one

the paid one

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom