Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Al About AOD Assassination!

Andhaira

Arcane
What type of assassin does this game alow you to be? Basically the sneak and backstab one? or can you be a diplomatic assassin as well, such as tossing poison into the drink of you target while you chat amicable with him about the weather pretending to be a diplomat o foeign enoy?

Also, can you make your own poisons? Also, if playing a female can you seduce your target into bed and then assassinate him?

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Good questions!

AoD assassins are highly trained killer-ninja-commandos who are highly trained in the most deadly and ultimate art of combat - killing with death! Death strikes are lethal for obvious reasons, so you'll read something like this in the text box:

"You hit evil dude with Death, instantly bypassing his armor, active spells, and the brick wall he was hiding behind. His vitals organs explode, he says "stopp that poisen", and dies a horrible death. His companion looks at you and you immediately see the fear of Death in his eyes. "Run", you tell him, and run he did."

DraQ

Arcane
Vault Dweller said:
Good questions!

AoD assassins are highly trained killer-ninja-commandos who are highly trained in the most deadly and ultimate art of combat - killing with death! Death strikes are lethal for obvious reasons, so you'll read something like this in the text box:

"You hit evil dude with Death, instantly bypassing his armor, active spells, and the brick wall he was hiding behind. His vitals organs explode, he says "stopp that poisen", and dies a horrible death. His companion looks at you and you immediately see the fear of Death in his eyes. "Run", you tell him, and run he did."
:lol:

Epic.

Andhaira

Arcane
Very drol.

My qustions are legitimate. See you claim to be influenced by literature, so I wsa wondering if RObin Hobb (of the assassins series fame) influenced your work. See her assassin's were not really of the hack and stab ninja vareity, but committed diplomatic assassinations openly and got away without being caught. they relied on acting, persuasion and poisons plus selight of hand.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Do assassins in AoD facilitate communications and terminate hostilities?

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
AndhairaX said:
See you claim to be influenced by literature, so I wsa wondering if RObin Hobb (of the assassins series fame) influenced your work.
Never read it. I was under the impression that it's crap, but maybe I was misinformed.

Anyway, to answer your question, your options depend on a situation. Not every situation will support an opportunity to put poison in someone's drink and you are not a royal assassin, so you'll have to deal with different situations and different targets.

Here is an example. You are asked to assassinate a noble who was plotting against the local lord. You have more straightforward options (attacking, leading to an ambush, etc) and you have more interesting options. For example, you can find out that the noble's "partner in crime" was a certain general. You can dress like one of the general's soldiers, claim that the plot is over, that the general was assassinated and the soldiers loyal to the old regime are on the way. Then you can either talk the noble into drinking poison or talk him into betraying everyone and saving his own ass, in which case he will be killed by those he's about to betray.

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
Vault Dweller said:
AndhairaX said:
See you claim to be influenced by literature, so I wsa wondering if RObin Hobb (of the assassins series fame) influenced your work.
Never read it. I was under the impression that it's crap, but maybe I was misinformed.
I'm not quite sure what you value most in a book, but basically, you were. I wouldn't say its the TEH BEST SHIT EVAR, but definitely good books.

What about Scott Lynch for the grifter path?

Andhaira

Arcane
That sounds sweet. And regarding the Assassin's series, its actually one of the best fantasy trilogies ever. It is VERY depressing though, so keep that in mind. Its one ofthe few books that come close to GRRM's ASOIAF in terms of quality.

Ok another thing, can you use smoke bombs to escape pursuit in case an assassination attempt goes wrong?

hiver

There will be no backstabbing.
There is a detailed system of alchemy and brewing poisons is part of it.

There is no class system so you can develop whatever skills you like even if you choose an assassin background. Background gives you good reputation to and opportunity of employment by corresponding guild and sets negative reputation of some other guilds or factions for a start.

All "assassin" feats you will do will mostly be done through dialogue if you meet skill checks required.

You can play female and use charisma to get options males wont have but there is no "going to bed" in AoD.

BearBomber

Scholar
Vault Dweller said:
Good questions!

Sounds like some kind of martian art from Hokuto no Ken. Are you an anime fan?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom