Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Alice: Madness Returns

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
What a retarded subtitle they came up... durr

alice-_madness_returnjuyt.jpeg

Madness Returns takes place eleven years after the events of its predecessor, the same amount of time between the two games' releases. Alice has been released from Rutledge Asylum and into the care of a London psychiatrist, where the traumatic memories of her parents' deaths continue to haunt her. As a result of her relocation, her hallucinations and internal struggle have increased in severity, and she returns to Wonderland in hopes of security and comfort. However, it has once again become warped by her insanity, and she must save its residents and herself from the evil that is taking over Wonderland and also embarks finding the true cause of her family's mysterious deaths.

Trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=up21p1_vTbI

Gameplay:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8_cly2dgXY

I am kinda turned on. I know I shouldn't, it is going to be popamole shit. But still. I blame it on all the goth chicks with history of mental issues that I've bone in the past.

Which reminds me, sexual abuse would really fit in an Alice game...

MetalCraze

Arcane
And it's a yet another multiplatform.

Meaning it's going to be a retarded shit for 12 years old imbeciles once again.

Rpgsaurus

Novice
I still remember how the Red Queen eventually killed off almost every single creature that tried to help you - including the Cheshire Cat. That felt bad, man. :? Yeah, I know, there's a happy ending - but it felt fake, somehow.

Hope they don't screw up the sequel.

Dr.Faust

Liturgist
Looks like a god of war/devil may cry/darksiders kind of action game. Which could probably mean mediocre poop. However any hope of third person platforming like in the good semi-old days has my member engorged.
nothing to do with the goth girl fap fap fap

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
Looks kinda fun. I tried the original Alice but couldn't get into it. Maybe with this one it will be different.

deus101

Never LET ME into a tattoo parlor!
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
Loved the first game, some of the weapon design(as in functionality) was kinda pointless(you mostly stuck with the knife).

but...when she left the Assylum...she was...happy...wasnt she :(

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
What i liked about the original was the level design, which was actually quite complex. No way the sequel is going to retain that.

lightbane

Arcane
Wait what? Wasn't that supposed to be a remake and not a sequel? I thought that the game's entire point was that Alice felt guilty for her parents' completely unintentional deaths (if I recall correctly Alice's cat accidentally started a fire by knocking down a lit candle) until she realized this and moved on, a sequel doesn't make sense here. Still, I remember that rummaging through the game's files I found evidence of a "bad" ending that was scrapped (like an "alternate ending" song).

Not that it does matter anyways, the sequel will be another dumbed down GOW clone, at least it looks good.

KalosKagathos

Learned
Dr.Faust said:
Looks like a god of war/devil may cry/darksiders kind of action game.
Lumping DMC into the same category as GoW and Darksiders = not having a clue about the action genre.

Dr.Faust

Liturgist
KalosKagathos said:
Dr.Faust said:
Looks like a god of war/devil may cry/darksiders kind of action game.
Lumping DMC into the same category as GoW and Darksiders = not having a clue about the action genre.

It's the same genre, broski. Even if DMC combat has more depth than mash square to win.

gromit

Arcane
Dr.Faust said:
It's the same genre, broski.
Dr.Faust said:
kind of action game.
However, fixed this for ya:
KalosKagathos said:
Excluding DMC from some arbitrary group that includes both GoW and Darksiders = either playing favorites and missing your own point, or cutting along the Girlhair-Shoulderpad axis
For the record, I don't really care for any of the three, but made all a decent attempt at it for all of them.

Morgoth, how are taxes in Wrinkletown? I'm thinking of moving. And do the kids stay off your lawn (mostly, so one can still get a good yell in?)

ortucis

Prophet
The only reason I and apparently most people played the original was the awesome level design and music (there is a "making of" video out there, search for it).

There wasn't anything challenging about the game (not the crap puzzles). But still, it was fun and worth playing back then.

On the side note, if they make the action as fun and fluid as Darksiders on PC, then I'll buy it. I sure hope it isn't a DMC inspired game (didn't see the video, don't care to until release).

@ortucis
It's TPS not slasher.

@Alice
No consoletard cover system gives some hope for semi-decent gameplay.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
You know it's okay to start a new thread instead of bumping one that hasn't been posted in in six years. :) The merge monster isn't going to come after you over something like that.

RIP Kalos though, a shame he left us for the cesspit that is NeoGAF.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom