Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

All the stat, skill and background checks (spoilers)

Saark

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
1 at Aurelian Outpost - (not sure if you can actually retrieve it) - activated the machine
1 at Maadoran Market - curio vendor has one after you buy the astrolabe - bought it. it's the one i have
2 at Maadoran Slums - at the end of the well (needs dex+con=12) there is a strongbox that contains two of them (lockpick 4) - not enough stats
2 at Harrans pass - you can buy it from the dude sitting in front of the quartermaster, youll have to buy a ghost hand first though (I think it was 1000 gold for the hand and another 300 or 400 for the 2 sources) - not yet explored
1 at the old facility - not yet explored
2 at Hellgate- not yet explored
1 as a spoiler for the Power Armor quest- no chance

1 at Maadoran Market - killing markus valla and his guards to reclaim the house gets you another tube

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Charisma 7 provides a lot of additional training. It is really good. I will add this to the list on the ITS forums.
List of all such training please. I know only of dellar, everyone else mostly seems flavor options.

What's the final mode of power armor do?

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
List of all such training please. I know only of dellar, everyone else mostly seems flavor options.

What's the final mode of power armor do?
Quite a few. Feng, Cassius, Vitus, Kemnebi, Zenon, Lucius, etc.

Self-Ejected

Lurker King

Self-Ejected
The Real Fanboy
But some of them are related to the faction you choose. You can't be trained by Aziz if you are not a member of the Thieves' Guild.

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
Speaking of Crassus, is there any way to talk to him after you leave Teron for the first time? I betrayed Feng and delivered him to Antidas, and now when I go back Dellar acts like he doesn't know me and won't let me inside.

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane

Dellar is the only one I encountered so far that isn't locked by either faction , reputation or specific quest line.

axedice

Cipher
You can't be trained by both Feng and Cassius in the same playthrough I think.

If you intimidate Cassius to leave, you can go back to Feng and get the training. Now you need 10 House Daratan rep to be able to talk to Cassius and receive the training, which I believe is only obtainable by solving both the mining outpost and raider side quests favoring House Daratan. You may also need lore and get the machine working. I did it with a talky loremaster, convincing the raiders to attack the outpost.

Unwanted

Irenaeus II

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual The Real Fanboy
If you intimidate Cassius to leave, you can go back to Feng and get the training. Now you need 10 House Daratan rep to be able to talk to Cassius and receive the training, which I believe is only obtainable by solving both the mining outpost and raider side quests favoring House Daratan. You may also need lore and get the machine working. I did it with a talky loremaster, convincing the raiders to attack the outpost.

Nice.

Canus

Savant

You can get to 10 rep by doing the bandit side quest and then swearing as a Daratan leigeman. That lets you get both the training for Cassius and the ability to leave for the next city early.

Tigranes

Arcane
Anyone know what the checks are for mercenary questline at Ganezzar, where

you want to persuade Carrinas to go for Meru and fuck Paullus?

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
In Maadoran, during the Merchant Guild questline,
What is the persuasion+trading check for Lorenza? I tried it with 7+7 and 7 Charisma and still failed.

Same here, tried a lot of dialogue options to "smooth" that skill check but couldn't do it.

axedice

Cipher
7+7 is enough, but only if you have her full favor. If you have etiquette, using it at the beginning of dialogue grants 1 favor (probably lovering total difficulty by 1) , and giving her selfish reasons when she asks your motivation gives you another favor. I believe the unconditioned check is 16.

axedice

Cipher
Anyone know what the checks are for mercenary questline at Ganezzar, where

you want to persuade Carrinas to go for Meru and fuck Paullus?

While I didn't go with this path, the mirror of the quest where you convince Paullus required 9 + 9. So it's probably the same. I believe this was the highest diplomacy check in the game.

Btw has anyone noticed any high lvl etiquette checks? 4 was more than enough for everything, though maybe high streetwise/persuasion was used as alternative in most checks.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Etiquette, along with impersonate and trading seem to be more "support" skills for talky characters.

Unwanted

Irenaeus II

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual The Real Fanboy
I've used impersonate in my grifter playthrough like there's no tomorrow and even trading has been used a lot. Can't say that about etiquette, but I must do different talkies playthroughs yet.

Disgruntled

Savant
God, playing Praetor is a fucking grind. Feels like im repeatedly thrown in front of a firing squad lest a few occasions where I play skill check trial and error.
I think my combat reloads are well into triple figures because of the hard fight chokepoints.
Ive been having to look up some of the hints here, but I didnt see one for Out in the open.

Finishing the quest involved high skill checks or certain death even with a critical strike.
I pass the intelligence check to fake a plea of allegiance by the Aurelians, (3 impersonate, 2 streetwise iirc) checks so Carrinas believes me, have him assassinated after Sohab shits his pants. And the thanks I get is 8 hard-fought rep points deducted from Daratan because the scheme was outed during the skirmish. Feels like a very heavy penalty for threatening Sohab way earlier and leads to fighting the Decius which is not too difficult
Instead of going for the Auerelian lure, I went for the streewise (4 streetwise to pass all the checks or fight) con about the guards and got away scott free with no harm to Daratan rep

Despite being an axe wielding killer. Solving the quest with combat and my build was impossible. The guard stabs me to death in 2 turns while ignoring dodge skills or me wearing heavy armor or having a net and bomb thrown at him.
And if I ignore the quest or switch sides, it doesnt speak much about me as a Praetor.

Cromwell

Arcane
Playiing a grifteer I
accidently delivered a bomb to the loanshark in the slums of madoraan. To get there I paid 1k to convince hugs not to hack me to pieces. After I found the rich kid I could only take 400 imperials from his father without a skill check. any other way to do this?

Stompa

Arcane
Library of Saross

The basement
There are three important things here: the bookhelves, the generator and the secret chambers. You will find some lore and can add three locations to your map, Zamedi, The Arch and Inferiae if you have [Lore 3]. To fix the generator you need [Lore 3 + Crafting 3] to examine it properly and attempt to fix it, or [Crafting 4] to reattach the air valve [You got one from the prospector, if you killed him]. You will also need [Crafting 5] to reattach the oil injector, that you get from the prospector’s body, or [Crafting + Intelligence = 15], to do without the injector.

I've killed prospector yet he didn't have the oil injector, only air valve. Also, with another character I only needed 4 Crafting to reattach both parts.

Self-Ejected

Lurker King

Self-Ejected
The Real Fanboy
I've killed prospector yet he didn't have the oil injector, only air valve. Also, with another character I only needed 4 Crafting to reattach both parts.

You are right. I can't fix this thread here, but I will change the list in the ITS forum.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom