Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Am i being punished again?

KIss My Ass

Patron
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Codex+ Now Streaming!
The site has been slow for me lstely. Sometimes it take 10 minutes to load a page. I just want to be told when im doing wrong so i can try to fix my behavior. Punishing me without tellin me im being punished fucks with my brain. Im constantly going through shit mentally im not all there. Some days im ok some days im losing my fuckin mind. I just want to know if im stepping out of line so i can try to fix my behavior. Im sorry im nuts

Vic

Savant
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Bethestard
I have that problem too sometimes. Didn’t realize I was being punished. I kinda like it.

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
It is laggy lately probably too many people visit now that the rest of the internet is so shit

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
The site was extremely slow to respond yesterday but then the problem cleared up.

It's not you.

At least as far as you know...

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
Taluntain, Twiglard, this is what I'm seeing when the site won't load:

KZoPWTF.jpg

While this was happening yesterday, I also tried RPG Watch which seemed unresponsive also. I could ping sorcerers.net as well as codex.net and rpgwatch.com just fine, but it took at least two-three minutes before the forums at both sites would respond again.

Today, it seems like Watch might not be affected, so I can't say if the problem is domain-wide or just Codex-related. More database problems like DU says?

UPDATE: As of about 11:30 Pacific time, neither site responded, Codex or Watch. Took about three minutes for them to finally load. I WAS able to ping both sites at the time, however, no packet loss whatsoever.

CHEMS

Scholar
Taluntain, Twiglard, this is what I'm seeing when the site won't load:

KZoPWTF.jpg

While this was happening yesterday, I also tried RPG Watch which seemed unresponsive as well. I could ping sorcerers.net as well as codex.net and rpgwatch.com just fine, but it took at least two-three minutes before the forums at both sites would respond again.

Today, it seems like Watch might not be affected, so I can't say if the problem is domain-wide or just Codex-related. More database problems like DU says?

UPDATE: As of about 11:30 Pacific time, neither site responded, Codex or Watch. Took about three minutes for them to finally load. I WAS able to ping both sites at the time, however, no packet loss whatsoever.
i get this every now and then

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
I've run an optimise and repair on the major tables to see if that's cleared anything up. Things do feel a little spicier, at least for me.

Failing that, it could be some specific bit of code running at times that's causing a slow down but tracking that stuff down is more Taluntain's area.

MerchantKing

Learned
It's running smoothly now. Almost as smoothly as the money going into my bank account. Next step is to get the server goyim to defrag their server.

Harthwain

Magister
The loading issue still persists. I experienced "Page could not be loaded" error just about now.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom