Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Americana Dawn - A JRPG inspired by American folklore and history

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Update on the relaunch plan: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/bitbonton/americana-dawn-historical-rpg/posts/1123190

New Update!

Hello everyone! We are back with another update.

Part of moving forward is looking to the past and finding out what mistakes happened, then how to overcome them. When the campaign failed months back, We immediately reached out to people in the kickstarter community for advice on what could have been better. After speaking to an expert the conclusion was clear. That while we managed to gain a ton of traction in the first week, we didn't prepare enough of the game to show off to continue that wave of massive support from our fans. We want to explain the steps we are making to amend that.

As previously announced, we will be returning to kickstarter this spring ready to show nearly three times more of the game on kickstarter. Which means there will be two additonal in-depth trailers, multiple developer updates, as well as a few surprises. We believe our fans deserve a closer look at development as we progress, and will be frequently keeping you informed about the game.

This is how we plan on keeping our momentum going.

Though that’s not all we've been working on during this downtime. We decided that the best way to show people the quality we are striving for is to simply show it. We talked before about revamping the art assets, here are a few key examples.

72e6cb20272bfaba2efcf805fb50833b_large.gif

Old Walking Animation

f296341350c3c1f9c085b884ecc75228_large.gif

New Walking Animation

In addition to the character models, we have also improved a few of the environments.

5d6c689862c6ac278d05fe49e8508754_large.gif

Old Boat

27699822b67b11316217ffb7d191cf47_large.gif

New Boat

When the revamped trailer comes out expect to see a big improvement in the style and consistency in the world of Americana Dawn. When the new trailer comes out go ahead and watch both side by side and see if you can spot all the improvements!

And finally we wanted to talk about our kickstarter goal. Together as a team we worked to reduce costs by making a reductions to the amount of art needed for the game. Our plan is to instead focus on quality over quantity. It's a middle ground that seems to improve the overall feel of the game.

Finally we plan on keeping the fans much more informed about the game and our development process, the costs, how we spend our budget, and problems we might face. Being an open book about development is never an easy thing to do, though if you bought the ticket, then you deserve the ride.

This is our plan for relaunch. We couldnt thank our fans enough for their continued support. Thank you.

laclongquan

Arcane
Just FAIL!

The point of fucking media blitz is to grasp readers' by their balls. Not yours, theirs.

They should have made some chick animation. Indian squaw, hmm? Get some frontier, barbarian dress, barely clothed, long leg, titillating curves outfront, would you? Indian, fresh immigrant european chicks, whatever.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Just FAIL!

The point of fucking media blitz is to grasp readers' by their balls. Not yours, theirs.

They should have made some chick animation. Indian squaw, hmm? Get some frontier, barbarian dress, barely clothed, long leg, titillating curves outfront, would you? Indian, fresh immigrant european chicks, whatever.
You need to get laid dude.

laclongquan

Arcane
That too, of course. But as a guy work in a lot of marketing works, what I said is not wrong.

SEX sells. It is not even everything, but it's the first thing that can grasp your audience quickly, efficiently, and bring back most bang for your buck.

Shadorwun: Hong Kong
That too, of course. But as a guy work in a lot of marketing works, what I said is not wrong.

SEX sells. It is not even everything, but it's the first thing that can grasp your audience quickly, efficiently, and bring back most bang for your buck.

Well.... the artist is a woman after all, so she maybe using the male character as the sex pull. :M

Last edited:

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Granted, but dammit, you say this about every single damn game.

laclongquan

Arcane
But do every game's marketing dep do that? No, they dont. Which is why it bears repeating.

An example: Ascension to the Throne: Valkryrie. This sequel to the original AotT give you a bikini heroine running around on screen, which is why I tried it. If there's not that hook, like the original, I dont even touch it, because it's a genre I dont play much and it's lesser known.

The Korean devs know this trick well, so almost every Korean games has gorgeous graphic and scantily clad girls running around. At times I really tempted to try, though I know in my bones it's gonna be a waste of time.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
They're finding beta testers for combat system:https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/bitbonton/americana-dawn-historical-rpg/posts/1172079

The past month and a half has seen the Bit Bonton team hard at work revising the combat system in Americana Dawn in accordance with your feedback and our own internal testing. We’ll be looking forward to future waves of testing to further enhance and improve on the gameplay and battle system! Following our current improvements, we’ve moved on to a version of the battle system that has taken some of the main insights we received, and worked with them.

The timeline is one of the key components to the combat system. In its current state, it was hard to tell where everybody was on the timeline (especially when multiple enemies of the same type were present). We have made it larger and made it easier to distinguish when they will attack (and yes, we made sure it’s color-blind friendly!).

6398bfed124c81fdb3b87a58751d50ff_original.png

The UI has received several noticeable graphical improvements! The timeline bar has been extended and given a stronger feeling of Liberty.

Enemies have a clearly visible circle around them. This is color-coded and corresponds to their position in the timeline, which should make tracking enemy turn order easier as well as allowing players to distinguish enemies at a glance!
  • Enemies have a clearly visible circle around them. This is color-coded and corresponds to their position in the timeline, which should make tracking enemy turn order easier as well as allowing players to distinguish enemies at a glance!
  • Health has been moved to another color-coded quick-reference in the bottom-right corner. This allows quick ‘at a glance’ evaluation of enemy health and status.
The armor mechanic has been reworked. Instead of flat out adding (mainly defense) stats to a character, they absorb part of the damage the character takes from most attacks in battle and provides resistances and benefits to the wearer while it’s not broken.
  • The armor mechanic has been reworked. Instead of flat out adding (mainly defense) stats to a character, they absorb part of the damage the character takes from most attacks in battle and provides resistances and benefits to the wearer while it’s not broken.
  • More status effects have been added. Statuses in Americana Dawn play just an important role as how much damage you can deal. In order to clarify an enemy or ally’s condition, icons above the affected characters have been added. We have added icons to create more visual clarification.
04181a1d7fdd7e897f1ea47bc7829d90_original.png

• Items have now been added in battle. They have a variety of purposes, ranging from healing to removing / inflicting status effects. Each character has their own inventory and can only bring a limited number of items into a battle. More information will be provided in a later update.
  • Character abilities have been readjusted to provide a fair challenge that prevents battles from being decided by a single lucky blow. Devastating attacks can still be performed, but only when they’re properly set up.
We will be back next time with more updates about our progress! Thanks for reading. If you are interested in signing up for beta testing the battle system, please send us an e-mail at: contact@bitbonton.com

Murk

Arcane
Visually, the game screams Suikoden 1, 2. That is not at all a bad thing.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom