Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Amiga RPG's

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
It used to be pretty tricky five years ago, and I bet it still is. The proper Kickstart isn't exactly easy too find, and often you have to tinker rather heavily with the settings or games won't run / sound will screw up.

The rewards are great though! TURRICAN 2, GO!

Seboss

Liturgist
I agree it was a nightmare in the past. Not so much today.
Just choose Amiga 500 / ECS in the combobox and there you go.
Finding Kickstarts is trivial if you have access to Usenet.

Black crypt and world of legend were crappy.
I played them both when they came out originally.

Black crypt was like, pixel hunt for a button,push button then hunt for 3 hours to see what wall moved - give up and look online for solution.

World of legend - real=time combat, run through dungeons like a diablo clone. Get killed by chinese banners all over the place.

obediah

Erudite
Mortmal said:
Also i see one game missing on that list, battlemaster, its a tactical rpg, was very fun
http://amr.abime.net/review_803

What a weird game. I recognized it from the screen shots as a genesis game I had. I remember a lot of not having any idea what to do and experimenting. I might have to fire this up for some nostalgia.

Slenkar said:
Black crypt and world of legend were crappy.
I played them both when they came out originally.

Black crypt was like, pixel hunt for a button,push button then hunt for 3 hours to see what wall moved - give up and look online for solution.

World of legend - real=time combat, run through dungeons like a diablo clone. Get killed by chinese banners all over the place.

I cannot even vaguely see Diablo fans getting past the first puzzle in World of Legend, let alone being able to win in the battles. Since you said "killed by Chinese banners" I take it you didn't get very far then? :)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom