Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

An RPG based on Arabian/Muslim mythology.

SkyrimSucks

Novice
Would you play it?

Character classes could be warrior, nomad, assassin, rogue, mystic, and a couple more. The magic system could be based around summoning and binding djinn. Quests could be heavy in political and religious undertones. You could ride camels, in addition to horses.

Basically, the most important thing would be the theme and the visuals and writing that immerse you in Arabian and Muslim culture. People would wear long flowing dresses, women would be veiled, healing would be done via physicians, and the enemies would include western knights.

The only game that comes close is Al-Qadim, but that was only inspired by Arabian mythology. Plus it wasn't a real rpg.

Mortmal

Arcane
Think i spotted an andhaira again! He always post the same thing , and we always answer the same thing: al'qadim.
can add prince of persia , and assasin creed.

MCA
There was an indie start up from Iran a couple years ago, an RPG in Persian mythology but it looked generic and bland as shit and it was certain it'd never go anywhere.

Oh, it was also neither muslim or Arabic.

Anyway, tbh, I don't know if I could bring myself to play such a game if muslims developed it because it would most certainly be full of islamic propaganda bullshit. Got enough of that shit from the goatfuckers already.

Captain Shrek

'sup Andhaira.

Play Lionheart. Surprised it wasn't mentioned (I hope :P).

Radisshu

Prophet
What about Quest for Glory 2?

Quest%20for%20Glory%20II%20-%20Trial%20by%20Fire_2.png

Alex_Steel

Arcane
Patron
I would play it, if it was a good game of course. These days, a non-Tolkien-style world is a bonus in my book.

Gothic 3 had some places that had some of that Arabian feeling. I think it was pretty cool. :thumbsup:

SkyrimSucks

Novice
PWSteal.Ldpinch.D said:
Since you already mentioned Al Qadim - The Genie's Curse then I guess Faaris is a close as you're going to get.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ip_1i54G6zg

Wow, that looks pretty sweet. However, it's got random combat. I can live with that, but combat seems unexciting. Most of all, I am not looking to buy a game that will instruct me in Islamic history, I am looking for a game that is inspired by Islamic and Arabaian history. Kind of like how most western rpg's are inspired by LOTR.

Shannow

Waster of Time
SkyrimSucks said:
PWSteal.Ldpinch.D said:
Since you already mentioned Al Qadim - The Genie's Curse then I guess Faaris is a close as you're going to get.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ip_1i54G6zg

Wow, that looks pretty sweet. However, it's got random combat. I can live with that, but combat seems unexciting. Most of all, I am not looking to buy a game that will instruct me in Islamic history, I am looking for a game that is inspired by Islamic and Arabaian history. Kind of like how most western rpg's are inspired by LOTR.
The Diablos, any D&D game with demons, devils, deva, efreti, etc in it. All "inspired" by mythology from the three-big-monotheisms-that-are-one. It's actually more difficult to find an RPG that's not influenced by them.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Baldur's Gate 2! (Amn seems to be partly-Arab, inspired by Medieval Spain, and Calimshan in the expansion is full-blown Arabian Nights)

laclongquan

Arcane
There's always a lack of decent RPGs. So yeah, if it's decent, I will play it.

Oh boys! Let's assume there's great RPG with Muslim theme. Lots of gamers play it! Tum tum!

Imagine the butthurt from mainstream media and generic nonRPG gamers!!!

RedScum

Arbiter
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
The Qur'an introduced into Arabian society radical new ideas that dramatically improved the status of women.
For example, it prohibited the common practice of female infanticide, stating that all children should have the opportunity to live.
The Qur'an recognizes that a women has the right to contract her own marrige and that she, and not her male relatives, receives the dowry from her husband.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
RedScum said:
The Qur'an introduced into Arabian society radical new ideas that dramatically improved the status of women.
For example, it prohibited the common practice of female infanticide, stating that all children should have the opportunity to live.
The Qur'an recognizes that a women has the right to contract her own marrige and that she, and not her male relatives, receives the dowry from her husband.

Don't peddle your vile truths here! Islam is evil, everyone knows it!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom