Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anger in the NWN2 forums.....

Ladonna

Arcane
The lids are blowing off!

Threats of suing, mobs preparing torches. Its all happening at the NWN2 forums. The late prerelease of the toolset has thrown the fans into disarray.

http://nwn2forums.bioware.com/forums/vi ... 5&forum=95

http://nwn2forums.bioware.com/forums/vi ... 7&forum=95

http://nwn2forums.bioware.com/forums/vi ... 8&forum=95

Some attempt to advise the mob to disperse, take some panadol....but to no avail!
http://nwn2forums.bioware.com/forums/vi ... 3&forum=95

By the way, does anyone know if theres any truth to Atari being up the creek? I am not surprised at their hopeless business model, but it would still be strange that such a biggie is going down the drain. Especially one that has the DnD license. You have to be a jackass to stuff up when you have a cashcow like that. :lol:

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
People are acting like morons. "WAAAA! I don't get the preorder toolset at some exact time. WAAA!!!!" Bunch of crybabies. I'd like to see someone sue over this. The lawsuit would get nowhere.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Old,; but funny. :lol:

P.S. The finger used to be actually showed before PCness got hold of the creator. :(

Ladonna

Arcane
We are all Turn based in here Vollie, takes us a bit of time to catch up with the real timers. :wink:

Why did he get rid of the finger? Wasn't he allowed to post it on Quarter to three otherwise?

golgotha

Liturgist
Why does that remind me of TES forums only with spell check and proper grammar?

Volourn

Pretty Princess
"Why did he get rid of the finger? Wasn't he allowed to post it on Quarter to three otherwise?"

He got chastised on the BIO baords, and while the mod who locked the original thread thought it was funny, the finger was "inapproriate" for the boards. So, he chnaged it and reposted it.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
The short answer to this is game developers shouldn't make any promises about confirmed dates until the Gold CD has shipped.

John Yossarian

Magister
DarkUnderlord said:
The short answer to this is game developers shouldn't make any promises about confirmed dates until the Gold CD has shipped.
You guys got that down pat, don't you?

Greatatlantic

Erudite
jiujitsu said:

I considered pre-ordering just to mess around with the toolset, but considering how much its been delayed, I'm very glad I didn't. I'm definitely going to wait for Codex Comments before getting this one. It seems like they are just trying to push it out the door and see if anyone buys it.

jiujitsu

Cipher
Project: Eternity
EDIT: Why preorder the game to use the toolset demo? You can get it on torrent already. The toolset needs no authentication to play around with only to get to the download page.

It was probably done that way on purpose. On one hand you can trick fanboys into paying early with this marketing ploy. On the other hand it will probably be put up as a torrent so anyone who isn't committed enough to buy it may still be interested enough to try it out. If they like it then they might buy the game on release. Or preorder it.

It's a sneaky trick. Of course they'll deny it. Don't want to upset the preordering guys. Seriously, no authentication needed to play it? Now-a-days that's like saying "Please share this file. Thank you."

I'd link, but that's against the rules. :cool:

Twinfalls

Erudite
jiujitsu said:
Why preorder the game? You can get it on torrent already.

So as to not be a fucking retarded little game-stealing dipshit like you who hastens the demise of PC gaming.

jiujitsu

Cipher
Twinfalls said:
jiujitsu said:

So as to not be a fucking retarded little game-stealing dipshit like you who hastens the demise of PC gaming.

First off, It isn't a game. It's a demo of the toolset.

Secondly, any developer that does not release a demo of their product and forces people to buy their game on hype alone can eat shit.

So can you, by the way. :cool:

Twinfalls

Erudite
jiujitsu said:
Twinfalls said:
jiujitsu said:

First off, It isn't a game. It's a demo of the toolset.

My mistake, then. Though you did say 'why preorder the game'.

Secondly, any developer that does not release a demo of their product and forces people to buy their game on hype alone can eat shit.

So can you, by the way. :cool:

'Forces people to buy their game on hype alone'? HAHAHA!

Thanks for the shit-eating invitation, though I'll have to decline. Bon appetit!

jiujitsu

Cipher
Twinfalls said:
Forces people to buy their game on hype alone'? HAHAHA!

There's nothing wrong with the statement. If there is no demo then the only thing people can look to is whatever the PR department cares to show them. And it isn't as if it won't all be sugar coated horse shit.

If that's the only way you can see the game then you are forced to use that as your only means of deciding whether or not to purchase.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
"On one hand you can trick fanboys into paying early with this marketing ploy"

Moron. By the veryd efintion, fanboys would likely 'pay early' no matter what. Why would a 'fanboy' need a toolset early to convince to buy a game earlu. Moron.

btw, No one is forced to buy a game the last time I checked. Lame.

P.S. The GTA games have always had good graphics. Dumbass.

kris

Arcane
The delays was quite irritating even if no biggie. What was it in total? three i think and then when this last one came it didn't work. I'll get it and comment on it if I can later today.

spacemoose

Erudite
just make sure to buy the game if you like it. of all the places on the internet, I would expect the codex to understand that if you don't pay for a game that you liked (within the first couple of months - no waiting until the price drops) then eventually you won't be seeing any more games like it.

EEVIAC

Erudite
dongle said:
This is just the editor, right? Why on earth does it weigh in at over 2 gigs?

If its the full editor it'll have all the graphics and sound files.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom