Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

another franchise raped :salute:

hoverdog

dog that is hovering, Wastelands Interactive
Developer
Project: Eternity
some new cool info on JA remake, i'm excited!!!! :

No fog of war: Enemies outside of buildings are always visible

No turn based combat: now it's real time with pause; the "Plan & Go" system. They say it has the following advantages over the old system:

- more dynamic
- introduces timing as a new element
- makes combat faster
- new AI functions like flanking the enemies

link (page 6, first post): http://is.gd/gMmQX

:salute: :salute: :salute: :salute:

hoverdog

dog that is hovering, Wastelands Interactive
Developer
Project: Eternity
In "Plan & Go" system is the "Fog of War", the JA2 in the largest part of the map covered, away. The enemies that are located outside of buildings are visible all the time. This allows the player from the outset to set a strategy without the need of constant saving and loading.

hahahaohwow.jpg

Can soldiers automatically duck down and regenerate when hurt? Its really breaks the immersive experience when I have to manually tell them to heal and then wait several in game days while it happens. :roll:

That said, removing fog of war only for things outside of buildings makes sense if you have some kind of aerial support that can relay enemy troop positions. Some part of me doubts that thats why they are doing it though.

Micmu

Magister
Sounds like some colossal slab of shit for morons.

givafk.gif

Chuftie

Augur
"Plan and go"?

So instead of moving them around on field, you can set up movement routes and whatnot like in Rainbow Six?

I'm okay with this

Fowyr

Arcane
Vatnik
:yawn:
I'm going to free another sector of Alma in JA2 1.13. Meanwhile moronic developers may drink bowl of kobold's urine.

chzr

Scholar
moar liek jagged alliance 2: retarded amirite?

i'm just wondering what kind of audience are they catering. JA2 players have no reason to play JA2 campaign without JA2 combat, while 'mainstream' audience don't give a fuck about JA at all. not mentioning their JA browser game.

Well, i can only hope that they will die in a fire.

e: fix'd dblpost

Suchy

Arcane
hoverdog said:
In "Plan & Go" system is the "Fog of War", the JA2 in the largest part of the map covered, away. The enemies that are located outside of buildings are visible all the time. This allows the player from the outset to set a strategy without the need of using the brain.

hahahaohwow.jpg
fixed

CrimHead

Scholar
Next Myst game is going to have cover shooting and regenerating health, mark my words

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
chzr said:
moar liek jagged alliance 2: retarded amirite?

i'm just wondering what kind of audience are they catering. JA2 players have no reason to play JA2 campaign without JA2 combat, while 'mainstream' audience don't give a fuck about JA at all. not mentioning their JA browser game.

Well, i can only hope that they will die in a fire.

e: fix'd dblpost

Sounds like new vegas.

:yeah:

(yes i'm aware that fallout had more to offer than it's rather shitty turnbased combat).

zeitgeist

Magister
chzr said:
i'm just wondering what kind of audience are they catering. JA2 players have no reason to play JA2 campaign without JA2 combat, while 'mainstream' audience don't give a fuck about JA at all.
This is what truly baffles me. It's unlikely that they're smart enough to create a market segment from scratch (and these things usually happen somewhat spontaneously). So who is the target market here?

zeitgeist

Magister
Awor Szurkrarz said:
I suspect that they just try to imitate other franchise rapists.
So, after the well known cargo cult programming, and the somewhat lesser known cargo cult school of game design phenomenons (the latter being pretty prominent in European "oldschool" PC games made in the past 10 years), now we also have... cargo cult business strategy?

desocupado

Magister
Jaesun said:
Melcar said:
More like Jagged Turd 2.

Yes. They can take their RTwP and shove it up their fucking ass. Faggots.

A jagged turd up their asses. Jagged with razor blades, I hope.

RTwP? Enemies always seen?

What sort of bullshit world did I wake up today?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom