Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

any good complex card/boardgames with pvp?

Garm

Learned
Zombies!!! isn't too bad...not really complex, but it's also only around $25-$30.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
:obviously:

136465.jpg

pic1333694_lg.jpg

pic1336044_lg.jpg

We usually play 2-3 days/evenings a month. Our current game has been running since march. I haven't access to the game board at the moment (we've stolen an unused room in my old university to store it in between sessions) so pictures from the interwebz will have to do.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
On a more newfaggy note... Android is kind-of expensive, gets extremely complex since every additional player introduces more rules to keep track of and is really satisfying to play. It's got a nice bladerunner vibe to it, many different ways to win and actively encourages players to obstruct one another with light/dark event cards, since you need to play dark debuff cards on other players to be able to play light buffs on yourself.

The game runs for a set number of turns, and at the end of the last turns VPs are tallied. Points can be gained for collecting murder clues that point at your suspect, resolving "emotional baggage" plots for your character, uncovering the conspiracy (the jigsaw puzzle in the upper-right) and a bunch of other things. How the conspiracy unfolds can also modify how points are scored -- for instance, if a connection can be traced between the centre tile and a specific edge piece, favours owed by one of the 4 political factions may suddenly be worth victory points.

pic509357.jpg

I absolutely adore the game, but at the same time there are so many rules to keep track of that explaining it to new people is a pain in the ass. At the same time, it's a very expensive product, coming with a high number of FFG-quality heavy cardboard bitz. Definately something you need to try before you buy.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Empires & Arms is da shit! Just make sure everyone is committed and know what starting a campaign entails.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Indeed :obviously:
We usually play 2 campaigns a year (current one is drawing to a close) and have been for the last 6 years.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
I've been playing the same campaign for three years, but we only play four times each year, roughly.

EDIT: I'm also quite shit at it.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
<Uriel> OMGGGGGGGGG
<Uriel> Talisman is getting a 40K edition
<Uriel> OMGGGG
<Uriel> I MUST HAVE THIS
<dabol_damajj> what is talisman
<Uriel> ...
<Uriel> :DECLINE:
<Uriel> OMF
<Uriel> G
<Uriel> @____@

Darth Roxor on news posted above

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom