Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anyone actually played through the SP and MP Mass Effect 3 demo?

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
I haven't played through any of the Mass Effects, or any of the Dragon Age games. Codex fails, while i bring incline. You are all faggots. Fuck you.

I'd pirate this for the PS3 to get some use out of that dusty thing but it's so hard to pirate for the PS3. I still don't even feel safe to connect it to the internet.

Anyway. ME3 multiplayer? Is there any point in multiplayer popamole?

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
For what it's worth, the dialogue in the SP demo is supposedly a streamlined version of what is actually included in the full game. Apparently, they removed large chunks of dialogue from the content provided, to either reduce the demo size or appeal to their hopeful new FPS-loving constituency.

For my part, I thought the demo was pretty poor. It tried to be epic and failed miserably. While some of the eyecandy was better, the (N)PC faces are really starting to look outdated. FemShep in particular (even the default face they now have) looks rather terrifying while talking. Maybe that's the key to defeating the Reapers? Some sort of fancy new UglyTech(tm)?

I heard the MP was better, but am not a fan of MP, so don't care so much.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Quited watching the vids after seeing Ashley remade to otaku wet dream and Seeing that my Shape is denied his choices from first two games. (Cerberus in the role of faceless enemy again without no explonation or reason) Archangel and other squad members having baby smooth moronic Happy :patriot: faces younger than in first part made me Howl.
FUCK YOU BIOWHORES!
And game obviusly failes in being MAJESTIC but many pointed it before me.

Mrowak

Arcane
Project: Eternity
I "like" it how after levelling up throughout the two first games you still start out as a level 1 no one and you have to re-learn all the skills mastered earlier. Yes, re-learn, because they added maybe 2 new skills for each class and skills between classes frequently overlap.

Strap Yourselves In Codex+ Now Streaming!
lol. Do they provide an ingame explanation for that at least, like in ME2 (shepardz you has been dead, after resurection you start as n00b again)?

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Moving this to GG as this is no longer marketed at all as a RPG (even the official webiste no longer mentions or market's this as a RPG).

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
If I may guess, I imagine it's stuff like this:

The last one contains endgame voice over and cutscenes so don't watch it if you care about that kind of thing.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Moving this to GG as this is no longer marketed at all as a RPG (even the official webiste no longer mentions or market's this as a RPG).

Quite recently you were all hopefull about this and following the devs and all. What happened?

There really isn't much any of the dev team can do when it is mandated they focus on making a mass accessible action game. Also just check: http://masseffect.com/about/

There is no mention at all of RPG or role playing game. I think they finally dropped that false premise and focused on what it actually is. Interactive Story Telling Action Game.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Funny thing about this supposedly iconic image of the Reapers assaulting Earth en masse.

The same thing happened in the Wing Commander backstory, yet nobody back then thought it was worth making a game about.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.

Quite recently you were all hopefull about this and following the devs and all. What happened?

There really isn't much any of the dev team can do when it is mandated they focus on making a mass accessible action game. Also just check: http://masseffect.com/about/

There is no mention at all of RPG or role playing game. I think they finally dropped that false premise and focused on what it actually is. Interactive Story Telling Action Game.

You stated you actually heard a lot of good things coming from them and thought they were going in the right direction. Even got my hopes up a little. Shame it turns out EA hasn't changed a bit and is doing the usual by draining Bio for all its worth.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
You stated you actually heard a lot of good things coming from them and thought they were going in the right direction. Even got my hopes up a little. Shame it turns out EA hasn't changed a bit and is doing the usual by draining Bio for all its worth.

There was a lot of interesting talk during the early development stage of this, but ultimately they have a mandated focus. But there are creative way to put things in within such a rigid forced mandate.

That said, ME3 isn't out yet, and when it comes out I can then make up my mind when I play the entire game. I'm just looking forward to a number of certain characters development and writing. Also people take the ME story way to serious, and when you do that, you are doing it wrong. ;)

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
This thread is now about how Mass Effect 1 is exactly the same as Mass Effect 2.
It's not at all. One's an action/RPG, the other's a cover shooter.

So, much like ME2 as far as you can see? Combat areas as obvious as before? I loved walking in an area and know an encounter was coming up because obviously placed cover™ was suddenly appearing.
The popping cover isn't as bad as ME2 but otherwise gameplay-wise it's identical to ME2, with the same handful of powers that don't change anything when you upgrade them, and of course not inventory to speak of. The multiplayer has the potential to be fun in coop with friends, but Origin is a buggy piece of shit and the item upgrading depends purely on luck, so it is entirely possible that you'll have a level 20 MP character still using the starter equipment; both problems completely destroy any of the previously-mentioned potential.

I'm just looking forward to a number of certain characters development and writing.
Admit it, you just want to see how the gay romance plays out :smug:
(and dear GOD that voice acting...)

Stakhanov

Augur
This thread is now about how Mass Effect 1 is exactly the same as Mass Effect 2.
It's not at all. One's an action/RPG, the other's a cover shooter.

I know. I was making a gibe at Serious_Business' post directly above it claiming that "The only people who defend ME1 are the ones who want to make it sound like ME2 was even worst, but it's just ridiculous. Worst compared to what? I really don't understand the difference." I would've argued in ME1's defence (at the very least as a rather better game than ME2) but I assumed he was just trolling anyway.

Kz3r0

Arcane
- masterfully presented in emotionally-engaging cutscenes. A child just has died. It's appropriate to weep now.

Hey man! Call of Duty killed a kid, so Mass Effect simply HAD to follow suit! That's how you get the CoD audience, blowing up children.
In my Wulfen LP I exterminated a whole human sector, I demand recognition too.
Wait, I did it off screen........
:rage:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom