Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anyone know a good place to buy Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri?

Naked Ninja

Arbiter
Besides off second hand sites like Amazon?

I have a hankering. GoG doesn't have it. Help me internets, I hunger.

Orgasm

Barely Literate
Obvious question: why do you wanna buy it?
Piracy == Heresy?

Naked Ninja

Arbiter
I'd prefer to buy it, if possible.

I've played it before, I know it's a great game, I don't need a demo, I can afford it, it doesn't have DRM, all the usual excuses about piracy are null and void here. Pirating it would be stealing unless there isn't a way for me to buy it.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
I know what you mean, and it had a great manual too. Damn, South Africa seems even more isolated than Australia. I used to have two copies as I bought the Planetary Pack afterwards. If I had it still I'd have sent it to you for nothing.

Good luck.

BTW as a Saffer, do you follow the cricket?

EvilIndie

Educated
I'm a pretend game dev too, but how is it teh piratig if you have bought it before? Just leech it down and run 100 antivirii on it.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Why isn't this on Steam or GOG? Was there some legal issue with it or something? Just kind of surprising it is not available.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
Order from play.com, ask them to deliver to some random address in Germany, then download the torrent with a clean conscience.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
catfood said:
oscar said:
Avoid the expansion.

Better to just install it and use the original factions.

It's true that some of the new factions are OP Extreme (two alien factions and the Sea Pirates) but the others aren't so bad. For a laugh, play with the hidden faction.

Dmitron

Arbiter
Naked Ninja said:
Thanks, but they don't deliver to South Africa :(

They shipped to me in Cape Town. Sure they would only send via DHL which cost me as much as the item itself but..

This was 2 years ago though.

MetalCraze

Arcane
Jaesun said:
Why isn't this on Steam or GOG? Was there some legal issue with it or something? Just kind of surprising it is not available.

Ah so there is one good game that shitty half-pirates from GoG didn't get their hands on.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom