Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

~ AoD Screens ~

xuerebx

Erudite
Closest in game area to the concept art in my opinion. I think this thread is better off in the AoD section, it'll be easier to find for AoD enthusiasts.

Durwyn

Prophet
Engine limitations... Crashed whale need lots of polys and shaders.

Looks great. Visual orgasm

BethesdaLove

Arbiter
What makes the concept work is the lighting and composition. Composition isnt reproducable with a rotatable camera. Is it possible to emulate the lighting in Torque? Like, with darker/lighter textures?

What will be the DRM on this game? This question is becoming one of the first things I want to know these days.

Oh, the graphics are nice. Just finish the game sooner rather than later. I don't want Vince panicking and doing another graphical upgrade.

Quilty

Magister
Looks absolutely wonderful. The only minor thing I would do is change the color of the roofs on those houses to some similar color (maybe a richer dark-red, like in the concept art) which would contrast more with the surroundings. I know that might not be too realistic, but maybe it would help them to stand out a little. I'm just nitpicking, of course, it really looks great. Looking forward to the game.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Admiral jimbob said:
I just realised the implications of a group that abbreviates to ITS making a post-apocalyptic game.

In other news, Iron Tower Studio has joined forces with the legendary developer Cleveland Mark Blakemore, and they are currently working together on the indie RPG Grimoire.

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Darth Roxor said:
In other news, Iron Tower Studio has joined forces with the legendary developer Cleveland Mark Blakemore, and they are currently working together on the indie RPG Grimoire.

I've been telling VD for years he needs to finish this before Cleve finishes Grimoire.

Tails

Arbiter
Blackadder said:
What will be the DRM on this game? This question is becoming one of the first things I want to know these days.
No pathetic DRM or other things like that. Grab unoficial FAQ for more.

Pastel

Scholar
Admiral jimbob said:
I just realised the implications of a group that abbreviates to ITS making a post-apocalyptic game.
AoD: ITS coming!

Severian Silk

The ingame screenshots look like the ambient lighting is jacked up way too high. Where are the shadows?!

bat_boro

Arcane
Assnuggets said:
The ingame screenshots look like the ambient lighting is jacked up way too high. Where are the shadows?!

I guess it's just early in the afternoon

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Mantiis said:
Isn't this vapourware?
All games are vaporware until released.

Assnuggets said:
Torque and outdoor shadows don't play well together.

oldschool

Scholar
Looks good. Y'all have come a long way since the old 2D screenshots.

Vault Dweller said:
Assnuggets said:
Torque and outdoor shadows don't play well together.

How do you like working with Torque?

I'm kind of on the fence right now. Leaning towards using Irrlicht as a rendering engine and building the rest of it myself. I wouldn't mind reducing that workload, though, if I can find something suitable.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Torque has taught us the meaning of pain, but it's a decent engine as you can [hopefully] see from the combat videos. Making a custom engine is always better, but it's not an easy option. So, unless you are really, really good at building 3D engines out of common household items, I'd recommend TGE or TGEA.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom