Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Arcanum 4.20 doolars on GOG

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
EDIT: LOL it was the shitty vampire game, not the good one. OOOPS.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
reaven said:
Isn't Vampire Masquerade Redemption good?

I liked it back in the day. Looked good, played ok, an aRPG with a bit of puzzling, though I had to cheat at the end as I made a jack of all trades character and he couldn't do shit against the 'big bad'. One of the the few action RPG's that I've finished.

Self-Ejected

ScottishMartialArts

Self-Ejected
reaven said:
Isn't Vampire Masquerade Redemption good?

It isn't terrible. As a Diablo clone it is entirely competent and has a much stronger focus on story than most other games in the genre. The main problem isn't so much one of execution as of concept. Why in the world would you take Vampire the Masquerade, and make a Diablo-clone out of it? There's so much more that can be done with the setting and rules. If you're willing to ignore the complete misuse of the license, the only complaints I can think of are that the character system isn't very well balanced and that it does get repetitive after a while.

Definitely worth a playthrough. As I recall my character diablerized an antediluvian at the end of it.

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
Some Moron On Welfare said:
Why would you want to give some slimy pollacks your money?
Because we are pretty cool dudes :smug:

You just need time to know us better.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom