Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Turn-Based Tactics Archrebel: Tactics - A reincarnation of the classic Rebelstar.

Ularis Badler

Arcane
Developer
First of all there are 2 people as @Matador pointed out.
Yes, I understand that. But you were still the first person to point it out. ;)

I point this out because I like your game and I know as a fellow game dev how easy is to damage our own creations with those sort of "improvements" even though we think we are improving them.
Not to mention the time that is wasted and could be better used to improve the gameplay instead.
I'll be interested in hearing your thoughts after the demo is released. I'm hoping you will change your mind. :salute:

Lord of Riva

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
I'm not seeing it and I am somewhat visually impaired. I will have to Judge it when we play it but so far, from what I see, the style and the tactical options look to be way above what we should expect. Still looks great.

Ularis Badler

Arcane
Developer
I've finally designed the demo's mission briefing, which you can read/listen to here:

Please, note that the upcoming demo is more of a tech show than anything else, in which I'll attempt to cover as many of the mechanics as possible.

Lord of Riva

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
I've finally designed the demo's mission briefing, which you can read/listen to here:

Please, note that the upcoming demo is more of a tech show than anything else, in which I'll attempt to cover as many of the mechanics as possible.

Maybe It's me not being a native speaker, though I can perfectly listen to practically everything english regardless of complexity, but the AI generated voice sounds really "hurried" and could be a tad slower even though that will take the ages to read the text. I'm a really fast reader though and tend to not listen to much VA anyways.

What I think is missing, is some form of AI "character", some form of graphic supporting the Briefing, I'm talking about a audio visualizer or a ai generated dynamic facet akin to Starcraft mission briefings. Something that links the text to something "Physical", but it's not a critical thing.

Also there is either a Typo or inconsistency in the AI voiced script, under primary objective the word "reunite" is written but even by hearing it three times the voice says simply "unite" maybe check the text again or if the Voice model used makes a mistake in speaking there.

Ularis Badler

Arcane
Developer

Maybe It's me not being a native speaker, though I can perfectly listen to practically everything english regardless of complexity, but the AI generated voice sounds really "hurried" and could be a tad slower even though that will take the ages to read the text. I'm a really fast reader though and tend to not listen to much VA anyways.

What I think is missing, is some form of AI "character", some form of graphic supporting the Briefing, I'm talking about a audio visualizer or a ai generated dynamic facet akin to Starcraft mission briefings. Something that links the text to something "Physical", but it's not a critical thing.

Also there is either a Typo or inconsistency in the AI voiced script, under primary objective the word "reunite" is written but even by hearing it three times the voice says simply "unite" maybe check the text again or if the Voice model used makes a mistake in speaking there.

Yeah, I increased its speed a bit so it wouldn't take too long to read the description. I'll see what's the general feeling about it and tune it accordingly.
About the audio visualizer, that's something that could work well. I'll explore the idea after the demo gets released.
I thought it was just me regarding the 'reunite' but, you are right. It is saying unite after checking the unprocessed version.

Thanks for the precious feedback! :salute:

Last edited:

Ularis Badler

Arcane
Developer
Release when? Or early access?
I was betting on releasing the demo this month but with all these fixes and changes kicking in, I'm not sure I can pull it off. I see no reason why it won't happen in the next month though.
This is my first game, so I'm giving all I have to make sure the demo is delivered with pristine quality (at least I'm aiming at it). This is why I don't remember what a weekend feels like, for a long long time. :?

Thanks for showing interest. I know it's a simple question you ask but it's a quite meaningful one to me. In fact, everyone's brofists bear equal weight.

Thank you, guys!
:salute:

Ularis Badler

Arcane
Developer
This is a feature I've been avoiding developing considering the game's genre and its connection to Rebelstar the game from which Archrebel strongly derives from. But after playing the demo and realizing how much bigger the map is when compared to the one from Rebelstar, this is a feature I had to include. Now with travel mode implemented, it makes even more sense to have it. Multi-selection is only used for movement.

Ularis Badler

Arcane
Developer
Alright. I've finished implementing the multi-selection, another game changer when combined with the game's new travel mode mechanics. Now, I no longer have to worry about making POIs too far away, as you can travel to them in no time; anyway, you will be de judge of it when the demo comes out.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Yeah! This was quite unexpected. I can only assume someone at PC Gamer is into retro games and into Julian Gollop's early work. :salute:
The impact it had on wishlists was beyond any expectation I could ever muster.
That's pretty optimistic, thinking that someone at PC Gamer plays or has a passing interest in PC games.

Glad to hear though, hope this turns out to be a great success for you.

Cohesion

Scholar
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Yeah! This was quite unexpected. I can only assume someone at PC Gamer is into retro games and into Julian Gollop's early work. :salute:
You could try to contact some retro influencers/YouTubers If you need the reach/wishlists. Can't help you, sorry, don't watch them. But maybe some folks here will chime in and suggest some.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
You could try to contact some retro influencers/YouTubers If you need the reach/wishlists. Can't help you, sorry, don't watch them. But maybe some folks here will chime in and suggest some.

Splattercat plays almost solely indies and likes a lot of pretty nerdy strategy games and RPGs. There are some other strategy channels and such, but most I'm aware of are a lot less prolific.

Ularis Badler

Arcane
Developer
For sure! I have a few in the pipeline; I just need a demo to make it happen. :)

Ularis Badler

Arcane
Developer

Splattercat plays almost solely indies and likes a lot of pretty nerdy strategy games and RPGs. There are some other strategy channels and such, but most I'm aware of are a lot less prolific.
Thankfully, Splattercat dropped me a line on Twitter saying he was interested in Archrebel. This was during the early days of the game's development before I even knew who he was. I'm glad he is interested, nonetheless!

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom