Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Assassins Creed 2

MapMan

Arcane
I played Assassins Creed 2. And I liked it.

The game's not bad. While the first game was fucking boring, this is a huge improvement. The missions were mostly good altough rather easy. Only few missions troughout the game were done the way all should. In most of the missions you simply had to rush in, kill the guards then assassinate. Only few missions actually had the option to find a solution on your own. Reach the target in multiple ways, use different weapons and abilities, try different tactics. The story isnt bad. I played the first game only for a while (because it was unbelieveably boring as I said before), so I didnt really know the back story but it doesnt take sherlock to figure whats going on. Generally the whole game is better than sum of its parts. Though still I have the feeling the game could be a lot better if it was more open. Give the player absolute freedom to go wherever he wants and just hint him on what to do. Make the player figure the clues on his own, find the targets, make a plan and then execute it perfectly. Oh well.

DISCUSS!

racofer

Thread Incliner
MapMan said:
I played Assassins Creed 2. And I liked it.

General RPG Discussion

nerd-rage.gif

MetalCraze

Arcane
Ass Creed 2 is shit.

And a nice detector of retards on the Codex who make fun of Oblivion yet like Ass Creed 2 which is exactly the same but worse (chase quest compass throughout the whole game in absolutely linear quests that are either FedEx or "kill'em all", except now with neverending cutscenes). Yes even Oblivion is better than this piece of shit - at least there you can punch someone in the face and dumb NPCs around you will show a bit of reaction, let alone after killing someone (which you can't do in AC2 because it will lead to game over).

Unwanted

Zinc

Unwanted
I didn't like it at all. Combat was shit, graphics were dull and washed out, annoying reminders that "none of it is real" every 2 minutes. I'll elaborate on this later if I have time.

Heresiarch

Prophet
Console controls.

Fucking big immersion breakers with all the cyber shit popping up everywhere.

The graphic doesn't improve but it runs WORSE.

Stupid combat with enemies coming after you one after another.

Unskippable custscenes.

Nuff said

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
I think the worst part is the controls. They really aren't precise enough for me. It's like AssCreed 1 except with some extra - largely irrelevant - bits tacked on.

LazyD

Liturgist
I was enjoying asscreed2 for wut it was until I read this thread.

Silellak

Cipher
MetalCraze said:
And a nice detector of retards on the Codex who make fun of Oblivion yet like Ass Creed 2 which is exactly the same but worse
Oblivion is dumbed down shit let's make fun of it for 4 years lololo but Alpha Effect is gun b awsum just liek Deus Ex
Skyway's theme for the month seems to be "Codex likes X, but X is like Oblivion only worse."

Does Skyway have a newfound love for Oblivion?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom