Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

ASYLOPOLE- Sci-fi adventure game

Pixoala

Literate
Hello ! I'd like to present an old-school adventure game: Asylopole (inspired by classics such as Monkey Island, Blade runner, Sanitarium,...).
On this project, I've been doing almost everything (story, writing dialogs, art, music,...).

retest4-2-blancpe...iiiit640-507b577.jpg

You can support the project on Kickstarter now: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/282648360/asylopole-sci-fi-adventure-game

Overview:

Asylopole is a satirical old-school adventure game set in a dystopian future. You play the role of Adam Murdock, a psychiatrist working in a gigantic asylum. Get inside your patients’ heads to find out what’s gone wrong. Experience totally new universes and fight your patients’ worst nightmares...

badge2-5015ab1.gif

Features:

- Large universe

- Non-linear

- 2D hand drawn graphics, rotoscoping, stop-motion

- 90's feeling

- Varied gameplay: exploration, puzzles, fights,...
- Rich content: quests, mini-games, network (Ultranet),...
- Adjustable difficulty

- Controllers support

- Gain EXP and increase your stats

- Eat nice Fastbouf burgers ( look at that sauce dripping down ! )

rue9pnj53-us-4fefc5f.png

01magasin94-2adam-5093861.png

pda-5093863.png

fix-bocalmagasin-5098755.jpg

You can follow Asylopole on

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Asylopole-128966467219167/

Twitter: https://twitter.com/asylopole

Thanks for your time. +M

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
you did all the work? the art? animation? coding? writing?

damn man.

anyway that MIB badge flashing thing looks really cool

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
"Dystopia" is just a buzzword reflecting a complete lack of imagination.

"Get inside your patients’ heads to find out what’s gone wrong" sounds like Psychonauts plus a few bad novels.

Anyway, it looks better than Broken Age. Good luck.

Pixoala

Literate
The more important is what you can do with a classical thematic.
I have never played Psychonauts so I don't know.

Yes, this is basically a one-man project. 100% indie, made in my garage. :M

Pixoala

Literate
Thanks.
As you can see in the KS page, some claymotion are included in the game "Each "universe" has a new gameplay with some puzzles, a unique visual (draw, stop-motion / clay animation sequences,...)".
It's ambitious but I start the game 10 years ago, lot of assets and stuff are already done. :)
The funds part (KS quote):
"Asylopole is a passion project, worked in any spare time I can find. The project is ambitious in its scope. To do justice to what I have planned will require time and funding.
Your support will allow me to dedicate myself fully to making the game.
There are also elements which require other people's expertise: Translations and voice acting. Other costs such as licensing, your fabulous rewards, kickstarters fees contribute to the overall budget."
So it would be very helpful if you could expand a bit on who Mickaël Pixoala is,
I'm not an industry veteran who have all the connections and financial backing I need to be successful, not a "triple-I". I love games and making games. I can't expend really more because this is my first commercial attempt and making games is a passion, not my job. I hope these days, true indies can have some success on KS. :)

Pixoala

Literate
Yes (ex: Jacob Janerka for Paradigm game).

Is this real or hallucination ?
cafardman-tramage-50d033b.png

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom