Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

At least yahtzee knows what hes talking about.

Reject_666_6

Arcane
Seems like he stopped declining since I last watched one of his vids. Circa "Darksiders" his reviews were forced, gimmicky and wangsty. This one was just a bit gimmicky.

1eyedking

Erudite
He's one of the few gaming journalists I can agree at least on one thing in their reviews.

In other words, he doesn't make me facepalm at every paragraph. That, and he's funny.

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
If at least he had something interesting to say … But then again most people equate "quirky" with "quality".

I.C. Wiener

Educated
He's only putting down gaming journalists as another exercise in caressing his e-peen while the escapist forumgoers gently tongue his perineum. He is still occasionally funny and I liked him quite a bit in the beginning when he seemed more humble and earnest but his "everybody is wrong except me" schtick has gotten a bit tiresome.

I know it's his job to poke fun at games most people will never play with gay jokes. But if he could tone down the hilarious zingers when a well articulated criticism would do, stop thinking he's king of the internet, and give proper credit when a game actually does something right, I think he might be an excellent critic. I still probably wouldn't agree with him though.

Admiral jimbob

gay as all hell
Wasteland 2
The review for JC2 seemed to conclude with "well, this game was fun and all, but the story and dialogue sucked therefore it's bad"
I haven't even played the fucking game and probably don't intend to but that made me frown deeply

denizsi

Arcane
Well, he's on a similar level to the retards that made Loose Change and Zeitgeist. He raises some points and then goes full retard.

Self-Ejected

ScottishMartialArts

Self-Ejected

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
I.C. Wiener said:
He's only putting down gaming journalists as another exercise in caressing his e-peen while the escapist forumgoers gently tongue his perineum. He is still occasionally funny and I liked him quite a bit in the beginning when he seemed more humble and earnest but his "everybody is wrong except me" schtick has gotten a bit tiresome.

I know it's his job to poke fun at games most people will never play with gay jokes. But if he could tone down the hilarious zingers when a well articulated criticism would do, stop thinking he's king of the internet, and give proper credit when a game actually does something right, I think he might be an excellent critic. I still probably wouldn't agree with him though.

Spot on. He tries way too hard to be edgy. You can criticize games without the forced hipster shtick.

Destroid

Arcane
Yahtzee is always enjoyable. I was never going to play any of the games anyway so I don't really care for their quality as reviews.

Secretninja

Cipher
Only review of his I had problems with was Bad Company 2. The review was entirely based on single player, and the single player campaign was just a tutorial for online. It is a BF game FFS.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom