Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News ATOM Team's next game is Swordhaven: Iron Conspiracy, a fantasy RPG inspired by Baldur's Gate 1

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: ATOM Team; Swordhaven: Iron Conspiracy

https://store.steampowered.com/app/2108180/Swordhaven_Iron_Conspiracy/

Swordhaven is a fantasy cRPG inspired by Infinity Engine titles—Baldur’s Gate 1, Icewind Dale, etc.—as well as other classics.

You take up the mantle of a lonely adventurer on their way to the barely explored land of Nova Drakonia.

During your voyage, you are met by a dying man who trusts you with a peculiar artefact that will involve you in an adventure of a lifetime, and a plot that threatens everything you’ve ever known and loved.

Some of Swordhaven’s core features include:
  • A flexible combat engine. Experience battle as a tactician in turn-based combat, or hasten the pace with the real-time with pause (RTwP) mode;
  • A classless roleplaying system: each stat combination provides a unique gaming experience, distinctive dialogues, and novel ways to solve quests;
  • A classics-inspired yet modern User Interface with large customization possibilities;
  • A vast, nonlinear world filled with unique NPCs and multi-solution quests that reward exploration, always offering alternative approaches to satisfy any character build;
  • Dozens of hours of exploration, from quiet village hamlets to hidden temples of the ancients, horrid crypts, bizarre dungeons, and otherworldly locales…

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
Looks decent

I only hope that system-wise it wont just be a blatant Russian bootleg, like ATOM was of Fallout

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Option 3 = 4 = 6, therefore they're redundant
Option 2 = 5 (but option 2 is retarded, because nobility doesn't speak like filth)
Option 1 is autistic.
No way to answer truthfully.
No way to bail.
A ton of useless descriptions.

Yup, that's a nu-RPG alright.

5fe6fdc174296eaf64dfc8792298f904.png

Serus

Arcane
Patron
The rtwp + tb, ehh? We will end with tons of unnecessary encounters with boring fodder enemies because "What's the problem? You can do them fast in RT!". Then some people will bitch that TB sucks because it's too slow. Everyone else will bitch that encounter design is bad... You don't have to copy Owlcat guys.

Other than that, this is not based on D&D? I don't see any mention. I doubt those guys can make a good combat system - and without using D&D they can't copy one.

There is always hope though.

Kruyurk

Learned
The black "fog of war" on the screenshots looks weird, given that the sight distance is low. It looks like the world in filled with darkness.
Maybe a two level system would work best: the environment could be revealed on a greater distance but greyed out, and the fully visible close area could be in color. This way characters and enemies too far are still hidden, but the screen is not always filled with 1/4 black.

On the other hand, the black fog looks nice indoors, it conveys the idea of enclosed space despite the top-down perspective.

Atomboy

Atom Team
Developer
Dang you're fast! That page was barely uploaded and we already have a news article on the codex. Thanks guys!

Thanks man!
Another RPG to look forward to :salute:
It sure is an RPG!
Straight onto my wishlist.
Thank you!
Looks decent

I only hope that system-wise it wont just be a blatant Russian bootleg, like ATOM was of Fallout
It won't be even more than Atom really wasn't (if you look past the parts it copies)! We're keeping stats and some skills from our previous game but there's a twist on combat, and you now have 3 convo skills and more distinctive stuff.
Option 3 = 4 = 6, therefore they're redundant
Option 2 = 5 (but option 2 is retarded, because nobility doesn't speak like filth)
Option 1 is autistic.
No way to answer truthfully.
No way to bail.
A ton of useless descriptions.

Yup, that's a nu-RPG alright.

5fe6fdc174296eaf64dfc8792298f904.png
That's pretty fair. We won't add a bye option since you're put on the spot and can't really avoid the question by walking away, but just answering straight is a cool suggestion.
The rtwp + tb, ehh? We will end with tons of unnecessary encounters with boring fodder enemies because "What's the problem? You can do them fast in RT!". Then some people will bitch that TB sucks because it's too slow. Everyone else will bitch that encounter design is bad... You don't have to copy Owlcat guys.

Other than that, this is not based on D&D? I don't see any mention. I doubt those guys can make a good combat system - and without using D&D they can't copy one.

There is always hope though.

There's always a bright side, I mean some didn't play our first games exclusively due to them being turn-based. Now players like that get an option! Although, speed won't be the main difference between the two modes, I don't think. We have the turn-based battle speed slider so long, at max the game sometimes looks faster turn-based than in rtwp honestly.
We don't use D&D, more like a mutation of Trudograd's combat system with a bunch of very significant upgrades and new mechanics. It's WIP balance-wise and might not even get a proper balance, but it's fun to make and play.
woa, that dialogue font/interface looks ... inspired

bf39dd4918b1cadfd43a50b5a2e97f.jpg
Well can you blame us? It's a real pretty font.
I'm a simple man, hard pass on any game that advertises itself with a phrase "Inspired by...".
Ehhh, I get where this is coming from, but we're not really advertising, more like describing. In a huge variety of aspects it is inspired by the games listed. Most of the team replayed BG1-2 in the last few years and at least two of us play IWD constantly. It reflects on the work we do, no way of walking around that, no reason to ignore it, so we just say it straight inb4 someone says it for us.

Iron eh. Those damn kobolds!

Edit:

Why does their website link on steam link to https://www.artix.com/games/ ?
Who are those? Mysterious publisher?
Thanks dude!!! It was a mistake on our part and we already fixed it. We don't have a publisher and I doubt we'll ever have one. It's a mistake due to the domain name.

ds

Cipher
Patron

Edit:

Thanks dude!!! It was a mistake on our part and we already fixed it. We don't have a publisher and I doubt we'll ever have one. It's a mistake due to the domain name.
Nice HTML tutorial you have there now.
Code:
<!doctype html>
<html>
  <head>
    <title>This is the title of the webpage!</title>
  </head>
  <body>
    <p>This is an example paragraph. Anything in the <strong>body</strong> tag will appear on the page, just like this <strong>p</strong> tag and its contents.</p>
  </body>
</html>
Is this part of an ARG? Do we need to find the real website before you release more info on the game?

Atomboy

Atom Team
Developer

Edit:

Nice HTML tutorial you have there now.
Code:
<!doctype html>
<html>
  <head>
    <title>This is the title of the webpage!</title>
  </head>
  <body>
    <p>This is an example paragraph. Anything in the <strong>body</strong> tag will appear on the page, just like this <strong>p</strong> tag and its contents.</p>
  </body>
</html>
Is this part of an ARG? Do we need to find the real website before you release more info on the game?
Nahhhh, we put in the link without RPG on the end in the first place, so it lead elsewhere, and now it's all proper like. The website is WIP, there's nothing on it. But there will be...

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I love how the first question is about romances on the Steam forum. Please ignore romances Atomboy. Bromances, however. Give us some real brothers-in-arms kind of deal. A friendship formed in blood & guts!

Tavernking

Don't believe his lies
Developer
I love how the first question is about romances on the Steam forum. Please ignore romances Atomboy. Bromances, however. Give us some real brothers-in-arms kind of deal. A friendship formed in blood & guts!
BG1 had no romances, but BG2 was highly praised for its romances, so either direction sounds good to me.

Tavernking

Don't believe his lies
Developer
Well can you blame us? It's a real pretty font.
The problem with Post Antiqua Roman is that the question marks are easily mistaken for exclamation marks when quickly glancing over the text / speed-reading. I know because I'm using that font in my own game's dialogue

Erebus

Arcane
How can this game be compared to BG1 or IWD if you control a single character instead of an entire party ? Seems like a pretty huge difference.

Erebus

Arcane
How can this game be compared to BG1 or IWD if you control a single character instead of an entire party ? Seems like a pretty huge difference.
You get full party controls in this one! Who told otherwise? I'll get them!

"You take up the mantle of a lonely adventurer" doesn't exactly suggest that you control an entire party.

If you do, then good ! How many members can the party have ?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom