Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Auction House Online: The Game (Diablo 3) is a MASSIVE decline

Fens

Ford of the Llies
Either Skyway never played d2 or he just played SP and didn't play the MP for a long time.

- no stats

no stats i presume you mean that you cannot give stats on level up. I explained in previous threads that there is no real point in stats to a game like diablo, because it is mainly meant for MP and players use the same stat build to get the max out of the char, so why bother with stat leveling anyway? Just so you can press a button?

If you mean 'no stats' in general..... press I and open up the stats list, there are even more stats than in diablo 2. You can even toggle floating damage in options.

- skills unlock linearly as you go - no skill tree, each new one is better

Same argument as before, everyone used same char builds , 'hammerdin' , 'orb sorc' etc etc.

Each skill is not better, if you cared to played to lvl 6 you would know there are 'rune' upgrades which powerup your lower skills, so lvl 1 magic missile does more damage than higher lvl skill.

All in all it gives more customization than diablo 2 , because in diablo 2 when you'd hit lvl 80+ everyone would end up with same skill build character. Now thanks to that, you don't have to make a new char to try different build, but you can just customize your char on the fly. If you could think Skyway you would know that instead of sprouting bullshit.
just because minmaxers gonna minmax, doesn't mean everyone wants to... replayability suffers massively from stuff like this and i for one am not paying premium prices for stuff i can only justify playing through once at most, since finding a build that i like (by trial and error) is an important part of playing (a)rpgs for me

ITT idiots and retards try hard to earn KKK without even thinking about what shit they are shitting out of their shitholes.

and fuck you.
heh... i remember a recent thread of yours in site feedback: http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/removal-from-shitlist.71209/

MetalCraze

Arcane
I explained in previous threads that there is no real point in stats to a game like diablo, because it is mainly meant for MP and players use the same stat build to get the max out of the char, so why bother with stat leveling anyway? Just so you can press a button?

IWD is also a very MP game, plays a lot like Diablo. And everyone totally makes the same build lulz?

You see, dear retard and other retards in this thread - you don't cut shit out, you fix it and make it work. You improve it and build on stuff you already have, not cut out classes that were there so you can later sell them as DLC. You also don't have hordes of butthurt fanboys who out of a dozen of named problems single out the least problematic one and then try to prove the rest of the problems false based on it.

This is what differs good series and communities from bad series for next gen retards like you, dear.

Each skill is not better, if you cared to played to lvl 6 you would know there are 'rune' upgrades which powerup your lower skills, so lvl 1 magic missile does more damage than higher lvl skill.

Yes each new one makes all previous skills suck. Are you stupid and can't read what you quote?
Sure rune is a nice dust in the eyes of Codex morons, if there was unlocked some other lvl7 spell instead of a rune which is basically a spell of a lvl7 it would make zero difference.

Astral Rag

Arcane
- no challenge

Just buy some potions and keep clicking that left mouse button. The game will automatically use these potions for you when your health is low so dying is nearly impossible.

In Diablo III the left mouse button = Awesome button.

Syril

Liturgist
Queued
IWD is also a very MP game, plays a lot like Diablo. And everyone totally makes the same build lulz?

Everything so wrong with this sentence.

Diablo is a game made in mind for MP with additional SP.

Icewind Dale is a SP game with additional MP.

This fact makes all the difference.

you don't cut shit out, you fix it and make it work

All that has been cut out is the button that you press on level up on stats, can't you see it ? The stat system is the same as it was before.

Nattvardsvin

Learned
Also, I don't get high anymore and that was a big component of enjoying D2.

Well I'm mellow right now and I can tell you that it's still boring as fuck.
It's a downgrade. Just replay D or D2 instead if you want some hacknslash action is what I'm thinking.

I got to say though, that the music wasn't as bad as I first thought. It's nowhere near D or D2 quality, but it works.

Syril

Liturgist
Queued
just because minmaxers gonna minmax, doesn't mean everyone wants to... replayability suffers massively from stuff like this and i for one am not paying premium prices for stuff i can only justify playing through once at most, since finding a build that i like (by trial and error) is an important part of playing (a)rpgs for me

So you are saying that you would on purpose give intelligenece to your barbarian? because what the fuck else you can give stats other than to vitality and str for barbarian ?

Sure rune is a nice dust in the eyes of Codex morons, if there was unlocked some other lvl7 spell instead of a rune which is basically a spell of a lvl7 it would make zero difference.

It makes difference, because those runes have also various effects and not only damage , meaning you can alter your base spell for various effects.

Instead of having 10 wizards all with different builds (which woud be in diablo 2 if you REALLY would want to) , you can have 1 wizard and alter builds as you see fit.

joeydohn

Savant
Clearly not having mana on barbarians is due to the decline, not really but it is dumbed down.

I think the rune system is far superior to d2 and the cookie cutter builds you had there, though I guess once the theorycrafting is done something similar will happen in d3.

Kane

I have many names
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
i, too, had a taste of the decline of d3 yesterday. i quit the game after 5 minutes.

the problem is, d3 isn't even a game. it feels like some guys on crack noticed they have to make a game in the last 5 minutes.

MetalCraze

Arcane

Everything so wrong with this sentence.

Diablo is a game made in mind for MP with additional SP.

Icewind Dale is a SP game with additional MP.
How do you know? I guess you talked to original Diablo and IWD devs? Please post your interview.

This fact makes all the difference.
Prove it's a fact

All that has been cut out is the button that you press on level up on stats, can't you see it ? The stat system is the same as it was before.
There's no stat system. Who cares what numbers they show you? They may mean absolutely nothing since each class each level is exactly the same for everyone.
It's like pretending HL2 has stat system. For all you know each chapter Gordon Freeman gains a level and 100% hp means 1000 hp on last map and 50 hp on first.

We both played Wizards with Berekan and our chars had zero difference for all 9 levels.

sser

Arcane
Developer
I... actually enjoyed it. It's not like the first Diablo, but so far it is better than the second (which I never really came around to). It reminds me of Titan Quest, which I played the heck out of. I don't think replayability will be huge when you've gone through the game with one character, though. Since you can always just tinker with your skills on the fly, there does not seem to be any reason at all to "remake" a build/character other than to change its sex.

Nattvardsvin

Learned
There's no stat system. Who cares what numbers they show you? They may mean absolutely nothing since each class each level is exactly the same for everyone.
It's like pretending HL2 has stat system. For all you know each level Gordon Freeman gains a level and 100% hp means 1000 hp on last map and 50 hp on first.

What. That's the worst fucking comparison I've ever heard.
You can't deny there is a stat system.

joeydohn

Savant
It's like pretending HL2 has stat system. For all you know each level Gordon Freeman gains a level and 100% hp means 1000 hp on last map and 50 hp on first.

It doesn't though, unless the enemies scale proportionately to you too.

And there is a stat system you just don't chose where your 5 points or whatever go every level because the design of stats makes it unnecessary. The stats themselves are still performing their role of deciding how much damage you do, etc.

MetalCraze

Arcane
So if there's a stat system what does it do? And how do I use it?

I kill all enemies I encounter just as easily on lvl1 as on lvl9. Even if it's a 3 char party and I get 3x times monsters and bosses alone - I still kill them with ease no matter the level.

So if there's a stat system what does it do?

You can easily pretend the distance you jump in HL2 is a stat too. It's a number and it affects how far I jump. I can't change it and guess what - I can't change anything in D3 "stat system" too and yet the char plays the same all the time.

Helly

Translating for brofists
Patron
Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
It's more of a level system than a stat system if you cannot into modifying stats.
It's clearly meant to prevent people from spending 2 min in the stats menu, looking where to put their stat points.
It's the hard, you know.
Though I agree it helps with speeding the game by not requiring the players to think.

Fens

Ford of the Llies

So you are saying that you would on purpose give intelligenece to your barbarian? because what the fuck else you can give stats other than to vitality and str for barbarian ?

yeah... that is exactly what i've been talking about, because it is the only possible way to spend your stat points :roll:

...sticking with your example: having the choice to put points in either str or vit would already change the way you play your barbarian

Monk

Arcane
I can't even go through the first quest! Besides timeout errors, I got in twice. For the first, only one character appears, burning bodies near the gate. When I log in a second time, more characters appear, but the interaction function doesn't work, and Captain Rumford doesn't show up.

Captain Shrek

I explained in previous threads that there is no real point in stats to a game like diablo, because it is mainly meant for MP and players use the same stat build to get the max out of the char, so why bother with stat leveling anyway? Just so you can press a button?

You see, dear retard and other retards in this thread - you don't cut shit out, you fix it and make it work. You improve it and build on stuff you already have, not cut out classes that were there so you can later sell them as DLC. You also don't have hordes of butthurt fanboys who out of a dozen of named problems single out the least problematic one and then try to prove the rest of the problems false based on it.

This is what differs good series and communities from bad series for next gen retards like you, dear.

Yes each new one makes all previous skills suck. Are you stupid and can't read what you quote?

:bro:

Regdar

Arcane
God, my wrist hurts just thinking of playing another Diablo game.

Good thing it sucks so much, or else I would've had to.

Syril

Liturgist
Queued
How do you know? I guess you talked to original Diablo and IWD devs? Please post your interview.

If a person is intelligent enough, he can deduct it from the game mechanics by himself. Icewindale is a dnd dungeon crawler and the MP is just a strap on that was added to baldur's gate and hauls itself through majority of IE games.

It's like pretending HL2 has stat system. For all you know each chapter Gordon Freeman gains a level and 100% hp means 1000 hp on last map and 50 hp on first.

One of the most retarded things i've read in a long time, you sure are trying hard here Skyway.

The stats are the same as they used to be

Str increases barb dmg(paladin), dex demons hunters(amazon and the other one thief or smth can't remember the name), vit is vit, int wiz and witch docs(sorc) (and they have also according other things like resistances, dodging etc). It's the same as d2, and it goes up by gear the same as in d2. A barb and demon hunter is highly dependant on gear, while the wiz only on his inteligence - same as d2.

i'm not even going to bother about this 'hl 2 stat system'. :retarded:

So if there's a stat system what does it do? And how do I use it?[/quote[

Troll more, you don't use a stat system, it works by itself.

I'm pretty sure now that Skyway is just a troll.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
*Puts skyway in stasis for another 50,000 years later*

Gentlemen. We've lost the war today. He will be the voice of the Codex in the future.

MetalCraze

Arcane
If a person is intelligent enough, he can deduct it from the game mechanics by himself. Icewindale is a dnd dungeon crawler and the MP is just a strap on that was added to baldur's gate and hauls itself through majority of IE games.
You do know DnD is designed as a multiplayer system from the start so up to 4-6 sweaty nerds can play it?

Again I don't want to know what some person thinks. You told me how it was designed I asked you - how do you know?
Because DnD was not designed as a SP ruleset at all. The SP was just a strap on that was added on PC in the absence of MP gaming.

The stats are the same as they used to be

Str increases barb dmg(paladin), dex demons hunters(amazon and the other one thief or smth can't remember the name), vit is vit, int wiz and witch docs(sorc) (and they have also according other things like resistances, dodging etc). It's the same as d2, and it goes up by gear the same as in d2. A barb and demon hunter is highly dependant on gear, while the wiz only on his inteligence - same as d2.
So if I will not select int and decide I want to have more hp instead as a Wiz my ch... Oh wait no I can't. Every level my Wiz will have exactly the same stats for that level no matter what I do.

If you can pretend there are stats in D3 you can pretend there are stats in any game.

*Puts skyway in stasis for another 50,000 years later*

Gentlemen. We've lost the war today. He will be the voice of the Codex in the future.

Nah. Voice of the Codex is a bunch of retards who pretend like they are hardcore RPG players (look at that WL1 thread lulz. 95% of the Codex didn't even hear about it before Kickstarter) but are the first to defend the butchering of games from any RPG stuff. Just check that Stoic newspost - where Bioware devs said that stats suck and Codex sucked their dick gladly (while shitting on Bioware for KKKs in other threads) - and also this thread - ololo stats were bloated in D2, it's great they got rid of them.

I'm like the evil demon of the Codex that seduces retards with sense, but they won't fall for it easily. Gotta fight me, the evil.

Multi-headed Cow

Hate to break the hatin' mood here gentlemen, but after some more thorough playing, I came to the conclusion that Diablo 3 is the best Diablo clone since Diablo 2.

Pre-Ordered.
Inclined to agree after playing through with a demon hunter and most of the way with a barbarian. Also hoping the game is relatively short to encourage continuing on to harder difficulties. Torchlight 1 and especially Titan Quest seemed a bit long to me for this style of game, though to be fair to Torchlight it didn't do increasing difficulty. Just had the infinite dungeon and legacy system or whatever it was called.

I still wouldn't buy D3 for myself due to the retarded Blizzard shit of mandatory online play and real money auction house, but since I'm probably getting it as a present I'm looking forward to it now. I'll have to see how I feel about Torchlight 2 after I get some hands on time, but after playing some D3 they're gonna have a hard time topping it. Still probably going to buy TL2 when I can, though.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom