Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Development Info Avowed Deep Dive at Xbox Developer Direct 2024

Drakortha

Liturgist
The combat bit looked decent _for a game of this type_.
Literally Skyrim.
Zero physical feedback for attacks. Enemies don't stagger, aren't pushed back, your sword doesn't deflect from their mass, I bet it feels awful. No weight at all.
It looks worse than Skyrim, and Skyrim is almost 15 years old. We've made no progress.

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
Average Codexer: "PoE was shit, no way I'll play Dumpsterfire!"
Average Codexer *plays Dumpsterfire*
Average Codexer: "Dumpsterfire was shit, no way I'll play Avowed!"

to be continued...

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
I'm confused, when did Obsidian hire Todd Howard to design their RPGs?

The terms 'design' and 'Todd Howard' should not be used in the same sentence. The man has been pushing out industrial algorithmic garbage, since Morrowind, which was his last hand-crafted game and last PC game.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
I like how they're proudly presenting the player being able to freeze and shatter someone, Painkiller's shotgun had that ability back in 2004..
Duke Nukem 3D had this back in 1996.

Hexen had it in 1995. Obviously they are making a point out of basic features, because they have nothing else to show. You can shoot a wand in real time!

Drakortha

Liturgist

Gargaune

Magister
Average Codexer: "PoE was shit, no way I'll play Dumpsterfire!"
Average Codexer *plays Dumpsterfire*
Average Codexer: "Dumpsterfire was shit, no way I'll play Avowed!"

to be continued...
What does a rabbit say when he eats his own shit?

"Just this last one 'cause it's still warm."

La vie sexuelle

Learned

I mean, how naïve and stupid one should be to equate what is essentially cinematic teaser (just a very poor one) with the gameplay showcase? Cannot wait for tes 6 "comparisons". Not funny.

This satirical video shows how susceptible people are to the vision-instead-a-product, but also how easily they can be disappointed by reality. And in the case of games like Cyberpunkt, a vision can outlive a shitty product and result in an expansion.

But the most popular game in the world is CoD. So why am I surprised?

Ryzer

Arcane
Literally Skyrim.
Zero physical feedback for attacks. Enemies don't stagger, aren't pushed back, your sword doesn't deflect from their mass, I bet it feels awful. No weight at all.
It looks worse than Skyrim, and Skyrim is almost 15 years old. We've made no progress.
It's not a spiritual successor to Skyrim but it's a spiritual successor to Oblivion, as in a mentally braindead child trying to take over his master of stupidity.

Drakortha

Liturgist
Literally Skyrim.
It's not a spiritual successor to Skyrim but it's a spiritual successor to Oblivion, as in a mentally braindead child trying to take over his master of stupidity.
I'm wiling to bet Oblivion's combat is still going to be more amusing.
Avowed combat looks like such Unreal Engine generic shit.

Ryzer

Arcane
Literally Skyrim.
I'm wiling to bet Oblivion's combat is still going to be more amusing.
Avowed combat looks like such Unreal Engine generic shit.
It looks like a demo made by amateurs indeed, like a fan-base project by a team of 4 for fun and giggle.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I was thinking while watching: "What does this remind me of? Where did I see this before?"...
Now I got it!

Dark Messiah of Might & Magic. Just more wonky, which is an achievement considering the age of Dark Messiah.

And the writing, dear lord!
What is wrong with writers if they cannot figure out how to write characters in a medieval/renaissance fantasy setting without having them talk like they are from around the block in 2020 (aka the writer's head canon of how people talk)?

But people (as in, the poor suckers without standards) apparently really liked Outer Worlds, so I'm sure this will have the same offensive mediocrity to it in all regards...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom