Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
Self-Ejected

Lurker King

Self-Ejected
The Real Fanboy
Wrong game, wrong time, is how I'd put it. Had this game been released ten years ago, people would've just seen the lines as a joke.

I guess there's some truth in that. 10 years ago that stuff would hardly have raised an eyebrow, maybe gotten some comments for being badly or clumsily written.

But 10 years ago there was no SJWs working with cRPGs to begin with. Avellone, Sawyer and the others were normal people. Now, everyone is losing their minds. I will say again: This is just the beginning. They are too much invested in their personal self-righteous crusade to leave it out of their work. I’m still surprised that there’re still no tranny options in the character creation and settings inspired in vibrators and shit.

Self-Ejected

Lurker King

Self-Ejected
The Real Fanboy
It seems that this game was made by feminazis/SJWs for feminazis/SJWs. It is seriously tainted by Amber Scott's ideology.

You know, players that always dismissed BG2 as popamole RTwP overrated bullshit will feel warm inside knowing that Baldur’s memory is being desecrated and stained by this SJW madness. That is a plus! :D

pippin

SJWs were always there dude. It's just that it wasn't fashionable to care about these things, now it is. When games like Tomb Raider and Shadow Warrior were being made, people thought computer gaming wouldn't be considered as something serious because games were too childish and male-oriented in their depictions of race and gender. And yes, they used the same words, there was even a column about how Shadow Warrior was a bad game because it was racially insensitive and insulting towards the asian population. Thing is you'd find these kind of comments right next to stuff like the (in)famous Deathtrap Dungeon ad or stuff like that. IIRC there was one person being triggered by nudity in Wizardy 6. You'll find tons of examples like that. As I said, people are complaining now because having an sjw identity is a valuable thing in the market of society and because people have interests and make money out of these things.

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
Conservatards were louder back then. The problem with SJWs in comparison is that they're inside the industry and the media, corrupting everything.

pippin

Conservatards were louder back then. The problem with SJWs in comparison is that they're inside the industry and the media, corrupting everything.

They weren't conservatards. Conservatards wanted to simply ban games. The people I'm talking about were simply sjws in the 90s, and they wanted to change games so they were better and more inclusive.

Self-Ejected

Lurker King

Self-Ejected
The Real Fanboy
SJWs were always there dude. It's just that it wasn't fashionable to care about these things, now it is.

They were a smaller back then. Just a crazy post-modernist ideology that started in cultural studies, mainly in one country, USA. Just a small and noisy cult. Now, they are occupying spaces everywhere around the globe, in a fascist fashion. I don’t think they are going away any time soon. There is no equivalent of the fall of Berlin Wall for radical feminists. It’s all in their heads.

Self-Ejected

Lurker King

Self-Ejected
The Real Fanboy
Keldorn was a surprisingly inoffensive Lawful Good character. Most LG characters end up extremely obnoxious due to bad writing.

Inoffensive? He is infuriating.

[Milady] Untie me immediately, you low life.

[Player] Ok, I thought I was gonna save you from the kidnappers, but since you’re such a cunt, I’m gonna ask for the ransom myself.

[Keldorn, the Kantian pig] I apologize for the rude behavior of my colleagues, milady. I will untie you immediately.

[Drizzt] Hi, adventurers!

[Viconia] He is a great fighter. Let’s kill him, it will be glorious!

[Keldorn, the Kantian pig] I’m warning you. If you attack, I will personally kill you.

Plus he can use Carsomyr.

The sword can be used by high level thieves.

Theldaran

Liturgist
It seems Keldorn is harmless as long as you're a do-gooder. Anyway, why bring him with you if you're evil? It's like taking a cop to your marijuana party.

Theldaran

Liturgist
A room filled with people doing pot is nothing unheard of. Nor is eating a cake baked with maria. Or several people watching a movie together high on weed. Many possibilities.

Xenich

Cipher
Shadow Warrior was a bad game because it was racially insensitive and insulting towards the asian population.

It was a great game as it was designed to make fun of the Asian stereotype. It is like Redneck Rampage, also designed to make fun of the stereotype. People who got angry at the them were narcissistic morons who whined about anything because they craved attention due to their mental illness. Back then though, people blew them off for the wack jobs they were, dismissing them as idiot fringe extremists trying to stir up trouble. These days, idiots have been carefully sculpted by the education system and so there is a much larger number of these mentally ill people and anyone who objects is attacked and silenced in the most extreme and unethical manner.

pippin

Shadow Warrior was a bad game because it was racially insensitive and insulting towards the asian population.

It was a great game as it was designed to make fun of the Asian stereotype. It is like Redneck Rampage, also designed to make fun of the stereotype. People who got angry at the them were narcissistic morons who whined about anything because they craved attention due to their mental illness. Back then though, people blew them off for the wack jobs they were, dismissing them as idiot fringe extremists trying to stir up trouble. These days, idiots have been carefully sculpted by the education system and so there is a much larger majority of these mentally ill people and anyone who objects is attacked and silenced in the most extreme and unethical manner.

I mentioned SW because a guy with a whole page column in CGW said that when the game was released. This guy also commented on similar stuff in the same manner. Unsurprisingly, he was a neakbeard. In the US, the PC craze has been going on at least since the mid 80s, but it has only reached videogames now.

Xenich

Cipher

It was a great game as it was designed to make fun of the Asian stereotype. It is like Redneck Rampage, also designed to make fun of the stereotype. People who got angry at the them were narcissistic morons who whined about anything because they craved attention due to their mental illness. Back then though, people blew them off for the wack jobs they were, dismissing them as idiot fringe extremists trying to stir up trouble. These days, idiots have been carefully sculpted by the education system and so there is a much larger majority of these mentally ill people and anyone who objects is attacked and silenced in the most extreme and unethical manner.

I mentioned SW because a guy with a whole page column in CGW said that when the game was released. This guy also commented on similar stuff in the same manner. Unsurprisingly, he was a neakbeard. In the US, the PC craze has been going on at least since the mid 80s, but it has only reached videogames now.

Well, the 80s is when Music was the issue, the trial with Ozzy, Twisted Sister, etc... Games had the occasional "violence" memo from the same crowd, but the SJWs as we know today were not in any real major voice in the content (movies, games, etc...). Homosexuals weren't tip toed around (ie people weren't afraid to disapprove of them) and most of the topics of racism were focused on specific things. Heck, black comedians were marketing on the stereotypes, so any movie or game content that came out was just taken with a grain of salt by most of the sane people.

veskoandroid

Educated
Guys im looking for a bg sod thread on tapatalk that i found recently but before i subscribed it went off i was oit on my job and after i couldnt find it anymore! It was named smtn like "siege of dragonspear no political bulshit". But now i just cant find it. Can someone direct me to it, give a link, or at least say which forum exactly it is? Rpgcodex, rpgwatch etc, and which subforum? All this talk is fun and hilarious, but i also want to hear pure gameplay opinions. Thanks in advance! Love your comments! ^_^

Sent from my Xperia ZR using Tapatalk

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Guys im looking for a bg sod thread on tapatalk that i found recently but before i subscribed it went off i was oit on my job and after i couldnt find it anymore! It was named smtn like "siege of dragonspear no political bulshit". But now i just cant find it. Can someone direct me to it, give a link, or at least say which forum exactly it is? Rpgcodex, rpgwatch etc, and which subforum? All this talk is fun and hilarious, but i also want to hear pure gameplay opinions. Thanks in advance! Love your comments! ^_^

>_> http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/inde...nd-mechanics-thread-no-political-crap.108057/

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
Vorpal all those with Tapatalk sigs!

Someone witty, jumpstart this thread. The last page put it in lull-land.

Xeon

Augur
Man, finally started this today and managed to clear Coast Crossing after the bridge being destroyed.

Bellie or whatever her name was, the scout at the camp went aggro at me saying how I betrayed her trust, no idea what she was talking about. Probably related to the Dwarfs mine, since I went after finished clearing the first part of the mine to the camp to rest and remove the level drain and everything was fine and dandy. After killing the Lich (second fight was pretty fucking hard hard before figuring out that I needed to bring the phylactery to the fire).

I did almost every quests so far but can't find the shield for the guy with burned house, I searched everywhere, I also can't find the elf responsible for petrifying the people north west. The guy who rewarded me for freeing them, said she escaped to the forest but can't find her.

So far the game is pretty good and I really like the voice acting but some of them don't sound like how they were, Edwin for instance but still really liking how they got the old voice actors. kudos to that. Game is kinda buggy tho, at first saving was instant like pre-2.0 but now its kinda instant but not really and it crashes every now and then when saving. Have no idea how to expand the dialogue/feedback box, I think that's the only thing I dislike about the new UI so far, everything else seems pretty good and really love some of the new improvements.

Also importing save directly to SoD removes some of the items like various bags of holdings but loading the save from BGEE1 final save and then continuing after credits bring everything no problem.

veskoandroid

Educated
OMFG i totally understand you. I was so pissed to get that one - ONE line. I got lucky to figure it out. Click and hold upper edge/line of the dialog box and drag/move it up. Tadaaa! Damn idiots had to change for the sake of change as someone said it somewhere...

Xeon

Augur
Finished Temple of Morder, man I hated the Worm thing that kept spamming mordenkainen[?]'s swords while staying hidden. Other than that I cleared out everything with almost no problems, loving Edwin and Baeloth killing everything but man, Edwin is kinda annoying, his dialogue turned from funnily condescending to annoyingly condescending or something.

Also in BG2 Edwin is kinda perverted and sometimes goes creepy with Veconia or something IIRC, here his dialogue is kinda of a virgin or something and Viconia being an all powerful woman compared to him. Kinda don't like that.

Party so far: R/C -- Corwin -- Glint -- Viconia -- Edwin -- Baeloth.

In the first dungeon I found a secret room with Seravok's note in it, talking about a hidden Temple of Mordor and I thought it was a secret location but I guess not.

I kinda like the interruption between travel, there is a mini quests I think instead of just battle.

Got another bug I think, the items in inventory, sometimes I can unpack 100+ acid arrow even tho I asked for 50 and sometimes I can only unpack 1 arrow+1 at a time even tho I want to unpack 100 arrows, probably caused by the tweak unlimited stack mod or something.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom