Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate 2 (Throne of Baal included) Mods?

Lonewolf

Novice
I saw a thread on here a little while ago plotting out the best BG2 TOB mods to install to make the game better and a higher resolution etc

Anyone help me out with what the best mods to use are and in what order to install?

I tried searching for the thread but no luck unfortunately

deranged

Cipher
Forget this site and go to:

http://www.pocketplane.com

Here's my WEIDU log if you're interested. A very enjoyable mix without being frustratingly difficult. You may want to try Sword Coast Stratagems 2 also, but be warned that almost every enemy spellcaster will keep you on your toes, even witout their pre-buffs.

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #0 // BG2 Fixpack - Core Fixes: v8
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #1 // BG2 Fixpack - Game Text Update: v8
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #100 // Party Gets XP for Sending Keldorn to Reconcile With Maria: v8
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #101 // Improved Spell Animations: v8
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #102 // Cromwell's Forging Actually Takes a Day: v8
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #103 // Mixed-Use Dagger Fixes: v8
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #104 // Ghreyfain's Holy Symbol Fixes: v8
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #106 // Giants Receive Penalties When Attacking Halflings, Dwarves, and Gnomes: v8
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #107 // Remove Dual-Classing Restriction from Archers and Stalkers: v8
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #108 // Remove Second Attribute Bonus for Evil Path in Wrath Hell Trial: v8
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #109 // Corrected Summoned Demon Behavior: v8
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #110 // Additional Script Fixes: v8
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #111 // Bard Song Fixes: v8
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #112 // Wizard Slayers Cause Miscast Magic on Ranged Attacks: v8
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #113 // Additional Alignment Fixes: v8
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #114 // Change Free Action to Protect Against Stun: v8
~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #0 // General AI Improvements
~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #1 // Creature & Area Improvements -> All Creature & Area Improvements
~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #2 // Creature & Area Improvements -> All Creature Improvements
~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #3 // Creature & Area Improvements -> Boss Improvements Only
~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #4 // Alternative Harper/Xzar Plot
~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #5 // Extended Reynald Sequence
~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #6 // Intrigue In The Copper Coronet
~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #7 // Rahul Kanakia's Potion Quest
~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #9 // Improved Oasis II -> IO2 Dialogue & Combat Enhancement
~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #11 // Saving Sanik In Brynnlaw
~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #12 // Burglary Of The Bookkeeper
~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #13 // New Fate For The Dryads' Acorns
~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #14 // The Tragedy Of Besamen
~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #15 // Further Slaver Involvement
~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #16 // Sending The Solamnic Knights Home
~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #17 // Nazariel The Lich
~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #18 // Reward Negotiation
~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #19 // Infernal Thievery
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #0 // The Kidnapping of Boo by Cliffette: v18
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #1 // The Suna Seni/Valygar Relationship: v18
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #2 // Kalah and What He Was Promised: v18
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #3 // "Cat and Mouse" (Bodhi hunts you in Spellhold) by Ghreyfain: v18
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #4 // Gorje Hilldark and the Extended Illithium Quest: v18
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #5 // The Pai'Na/Spider's Bane Quest: v18
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #6 // Restored Crooked Crane Inn: v18
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #7 // Restored Encounters: v18
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #8 // Artemis Entreri in Bodhi's Lair: v18
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #9 // Corrected "Xzar's Creations": v18
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #10 // Restored Hell Minions, by SimDing0: v18
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #12 // Item Restorations: v18
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #13 // Yoshimo's Original Portrait: v18
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #14 // Anomen's Original Portrait: v18
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #15 // NPC Portrait Restorations: v18
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #16 // Corrected BAMs and Scripts: v18
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #17 // Corrected Character Names and Biographies: v18
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #18 // Restored Minor Dialogs: v18
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #19 // Restored Bhaalspawn Powers, by David Gaider: v18
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #20 // Extended ToB Item Descriptions: v18
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #21 // Throne of Bhaal Minor Restorations: v18
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #22 // Justifier Kit: v18
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #23 // Feralan Kit: v18
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #24 // Sarevok's Remorse: v18
~SETUP-ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #0 // Ascension v1.41 (requires ToB)
~SETUP-ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #1 // Tougher Abazigal (optional, requires ToB)
~SETUP-ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #2 // Original Tougher Demogorgon (optional, requires ToB)
~SETUP-ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #3 // Tougher Gromnir (optional, requires ToB)
~SETUP-ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #4 // Tougher Illasera (optional, requires ToB)
~SETUP-ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #5 // Tougher Yaga-Shura (optional, requires ToB)
~SETUP-TURNABOUT.TP2~ #0 #0 // Ascension: Turnabout
~SETUP-TURNABOUT.TP2~ #0 #1 // Balthazar Epilogue Portrait, by Cliffette
~SETUP-BANTERPACK.TP2~ #0 #0 // Pocket Plane Banter Pack for BG2: Shadows of Amn
~SETUP-BANTERPACK.TP2~ #0 #2 // Pocket Plane Banter Pack for BG2: Throne of Bhaal

Talby

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
There's a handy mod I use called Dungeon-Be-Gone, which allows you to skip Chateau Irenicus while still getting all the gold, items and experience you'd get from clearing it.

Thanks for that list, btw; been meaing to replay BG2 soon.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
I can recommend almost all of the mods in the above list:
BG2 FIXPACK
QUESTPACK
UNFINISHED BUSINESS
ASCENSION
and BANTER PACK
I don't think I've used TURNABOUT.

In addition you can try the tactics mod.

but yes, you should go to http://www.pocketplane.com/ and check them all out.

Quilty

Magister
I'm preparing for another run through BG2 so I was wondering if the Quest Pack and Unfinished Business mods can be used together?

Piety

Shitpostin'
Codex 2012 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Torment: Tides of Numenera
Yes, those two will work together just fine.

EDIT: Most well-done mods will include a "Compatibility" section in their READMEs, which while not always encyclopedic should at least comment on compatibility with other mods made by the same group of modders. Unfinished Business and the Quest Pack are both by pocketplane (as opposed to g3, spellholdstudios, blackwyrmlair...).

Melcar

Arcane
If using the UB mod, don't bother with the Minsc one (bugged) or Valygar's (also bugged and it's not really a quest). Sarevok's Remorse had problems with Ascension last time I used it, so it's better not to install it if you plan to use the Ascension mod. The illithium quest seems to be broken/unfinished as well.

Quilty

Magister
Melcar said:
If using the UB mod, don't bother with the Minsc one (bugged) or Valygar's (also bugged and it's not really a quest). Sarevok's Remorse had problems with Ascension last time I used it, so it's better not to install it if you plan to use the Ascension mod. The illithium quest seems to be broken/unfinished as well.

I took only Dungeon be gone and the Quest pack, afraid of the bugs I might encounter or produce by mixing too many mods. Thanks for the advice anyway.

weirwood

Educated
Melcar said:

Is that still true for the most recent version? AFAIK, UB got an update not too long ago.

Also, I'd add Rogue Rebalancing to the list of recommended mods, especially if you want to play a bard.

Melcar

Arcane
weirwood said:
Melcar said:

Is that still true for the most recent version? AFAIK, UB got an update not too long ago.

Also, I'd add Rogue Rebalancing to the list of recommended mods, especially if you want to play a bard.

Version 18, which is the latest listed on PPG. That Rogue Rebalancing is pretty awesome, but it can be a bit overpowering (but that's true for nearly all of the "rebalancing" mods out there).

Piety

Shitpostin'
Codex 2012 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Torment: Tides of Numenera
Install Sword Coast Stratagems 2 and you won't have to worry so much about overpowering class/kit mods. The AI improvements are pretty damn impressive, and the mage/dragon battles are excellent. Damn, I love that mod.

Melcar

Arcane
SCS doesn't like WINE though, which is gay. Some of the stuff installs, but the more important components like the improved mage AI and shit error out. For shame.

If you're into that sort of thing, play the Edwin romance. It's one of the best fan-made romances out there (if not the best).

Melcar

Arcane
Vulture underbelly fur said:
If you're into that sort of thing, play the Edwin romance. It's one of the best fan-made romances out there (if not the best).

A tranny romance. Awesome :lol: .

Being a big gay tubesteak hahahahahahahahag
saerileG.gif

Saerileth is a 15-year-old human paladin of Tyr. She hails from Mount Celestia in the Outer Planes. She is young, romanceable (for good-aligned humans, elves, and half-elves), and beautiful. She is complete through ToB, and she has quests and a flirt/chatpack. She brings with her three new areas for SoA, two SoA quests, and a ToB quest. Saerileth is a young woman of deep religious conviction and certainty. She has extensive voicing, banters, and interjections. And Saerileth will love you like no other. We hope you will play her mod repeatedly.

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
Dumb bitch will fall in love with your character at first sight, say she will do anything for you BUT will refuse to have sex.

If you want to create a stupid mod like this, have at least the balls to go all the way through.

dolio

Scholar
What kind of teenage Japanese girl is named Saerileth anyhow? That sounds like the kind of name I'd bang out randomly putting syllables together for some evil warrior dude.

Their four pages of orgasmic fan praise is pretty good, too.
If I could meet someone like Saerileth in real life, I'd be the happiest man on earth

Lonely Vazdru

Pimp my Title
Saeri-Phil said:
I have never met a BG2 NPC who loves me like Saerileth loves me. This mod should be ordered by our doctor when we feel a bit down and sad.
--Phil

Dude, seriously... :(

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
Damn...she's just like a real woman...sometimes you just don't know what her reaction may be, or you know what it will be but don't know when it will hit you...
--Kanvas

This Mod is a sociological event . . . . the romance is the best I have played so far.
--Undertaker

Saerileth is as character, of the best I have seen in quite a lot. And I have seen some. I have seen just the first lovetalk and I am rather amazed on the depth and background of personality that the character was born with. When you read her, you can be immersed on what she says, because it feels like true sentiments and feelings. Proper placed feelings mean the difference between mere words, placed anywhere, and realistic stories, because those well placed words have a backbone in the mere idea that it could be that way.
--AzureChampion

This mod is a definite ‘must play'. From beginning to end, this mod maintains a commitment to delivering a believable and playable NPC. There are loads of small details throughout the game that left me with a clear vision of a fully-developed and in-depth character. It's that attention to detail which sets the truly exceptional apart from the merely good.
--SuperNovice

Yeah, BECAUSE 15-YEAR OLD PALADINS ARE SO BELIEVABLE! And wtf, why can't she fall helplessly in love with A) dwarfs B) gnomes C) halflings? Discrimination!

Melcar

Arcane
Gragt said:
Dumb bitch will fall in love with your character at first sight, say she will do anything for you BUT will refuse to have sex.

If you want to create a stupid mod like this, have at least the balls to go all the way through.

That's totally lame man. I bet the author is one of those delusional "it's not about sex" pedos.

dolio said:
What kind of teenage Japanese girl is named Saerileth anyhow?

I will bet you :10bux: it actually means something like "blade of the rose" in some shitty made-up fantasy language.

Maybe Ausir will know

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom