Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 RELEASE THREAD

Self-Ejected
Now you are clearly inventing
Huh? I do not think that word means what you think it means.
Is not about power or importance is about followers.
I'm talking about importance from a writing perspective. This is all about writing and game design.
The lady of pain in sigil has no followers she dosn't want followers but her alone is way more powerful of all the deities
Is she a deity? What are we talking about here?
But in a more serious note Loviatar was around from the first editions
She says, after previously saying she was only around since the Time of Troubles. Real setting expert here.

Well if we are talking about writing i can tell you something i always disliked Mystra. She is basically a Mary Sue and a bitch that always gets what she wants handles her elects like a dirty shred of cloth and then if they finally FINALLY manage to kill her she always return. I hate her with passion.

Is the Lady of Pain a deity? Nobody knows what she is the only fact we know is that she turned to dust a deity in a blink of the eye. She dosn't want worshippers if someone worship her she will appear and shred the person on the spot not even moving or will imprison the person in an endless maze of her own creation. Gods avoid sigil because of her.

"She says, after previously saying she was only around since the Time of Troubles. Real setting expert here." ...are you really so dense?

Dude you are one that comes in a thread of a game he dislike to cry about degeneracy and things were ALWAYS in the setting even before the first edition the stuff was always there. In manuals or in novels. The only difference were the games because again they were made "For kids" so some content was watered down.
Read the novels, Faith an pantheon of the 3.5 edition. Is all there scattered around even in older edition. I am telling you all the things you cry about are old news.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
Well if we are talking about writing i can tell you something i always disliked Mystra. She is basically a Mary Sue
Yup. And fucks her followers. What a shock that Larian tied her so closely to the campaign.

Gale announcing he was Mysta's lover was basically him admitting he's a cuck because she sleeps with everyone. What must those threesomes with Elminster have been like?

"She says, after previously saying she was only around since the Time of Troubles. Real setting expert here." ...are you really so dense?
You're the one who said it... :lol:
Dude you are one that comes in a thread of a game he dislike to cry about degeneracy and things were ALWAYS in the setting
*Things that have been magnified in the setting since Wizard's took over. This is why I was saying that it's not entirely Larian's fault for including Loviatar, but as DP said, they made the choice to include her, and in the most low-effort, fetish bait way possible.

This is retreading past posts though.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
Lae'zel is so schizo

My group arrives at the Grymforge
2 Duergar greet me

my MC: you are slavers, I want nothing to do with you
Lae'zel disapproves
my MC: Im going to gut you now
Lae'zel approves
I got a chuckle when you first meet her in the cage.

After getting rid of the Tielflings she demands you let her out. One of the dialogues you can choose is, "Can I get a 'please'?"

Her flat "no" and dialogue ending was based. Respect.
I'm glad the thread can at least agree that Lae'zel is the best character - at least before Act 2, where they kind of try to ruin her.

Self-Ejected
Well if we are talking about writing i can tell you something i always disliked Mystra. She is basically a Mary Sue
Yup. And fucks her followers. What a shock that Larian tied her so closely to the campaign.

Gale announcing he was Mysta's lover was basically him admitting he's a cuck because she sleeps with everyone. What must those threesomes with Elminster have been like?

You're the one who said it... :lol:
Dude you are one that comes in a thread of a game he dislike to cry about degeneracy and things were ALWAYS in the setting
*Things that have been magnified in the setting since Wizard's took over. This is why I was saying that it's not entirely Larian's fault for including Loviatar, but as DP said, they made the choice to include her, and in the most low-effort, fetish bait way possible.

This is retreading past posts though.
Loviatar was not a goddess at the time but was a demigoddess during the first edition she became a goddess from the second edition onward. I felt like the need to clarify that if i was unclear my mistake over here. I don't think including a Loviatar Cleric was just a fetish bait. Again made sense since the goblin were working with the absolute and Loviatar was in past associated first with Bhaal then with Bane.

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I'm glad the thread can at least agree that Lae'zel is the best character - at least before Act 2, where they kind of try to ruin her.
Lae'zel is being given the Dak'kon treatment, where she is supposed to have a crisis of faith. And she does have it. And it's really nice. But it has nothing of the charm and style that MCA has given Dak'kon's story.

Which brings me/us back to the same conclusion: Larian needs better writers. Preferably ones that are more right-leaning politically. Hell, I'll even take a libertarian one, as long as it has what MCA has: writing with a minor in architecture.

Remember: the first creators of RPGs were an architect and a writer.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
Which brings me/us back to the same conclusion: Larian needs better writers. Preferably ones that are more right-leaning politically.
I always go back to Star Trek, which had leftist writers, but was very watchable.

Your politics, or in this case your fetishes, shouldn't get in the way of the writing.

But then, Star Trek writers wanted to communicate some greater moral message and not "refugees = good" or "(gay) sex = fun".

The same with PST, which was loaded with philosophical musings on the nature of man and reality, and the plot was an enjoyable vehicle for exploring that.

Meanwhile, Larian's 7-man cuck squad wrote in a mind flayer that wants to fuck you.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Enemies do try and push you into chasms if they can, it would be more noticeable if battles lasted longer.
They also shove their allies to wake them up form sleep for example. Makes sleep less of a free CC early game if you do it close to another enemy that takes a turn right after.

Sleep's 5e 24 hp limit makes it worthless. I selected it as one of the spells for my Warlock thinking it would be my workhorse in the early game, but I never used it once. There were barely any fights where there were enough enemies in that HP range anyway, and when I considered that my duel wielding warlock/fighter could do between 10-20 damage a turn (+ some bonus damage if I used hellish rebuke for my spells as a reaction) I found that just doing 24 damage within 1 to 2 turns was more helpful at reducing the number of enemies than 24 hp worth of sleep was.

It seems like it would be a pretty strong lvl 1 spell, where you could sleep 3 or maybe even 4 different enemies. But that was pretty much just the tutorial ship.

And playing on tactician with the enemy HP boost made it even less viable.
It's HP left, not total HP. Jesus all you phaggots are determined to keep banging your head into the same wall. You use it because it's also no save, so 100% hit chance, and even AoE if you've got several targets down low. Or don't. Just don't rag on something you haven't bothered to test.

Why Dual Wield a Warlock? Why the Fighter? Pact of the Blade already gets extra attack at lvl 5 and lets you use CHR stat on any weapon in the game. Just whale with the best available two-hander and let yourself get hit with Phys Resist to trigger Armor of Agathis. Bonus points for adding on no save Ray of Enfeeblement (preferably from someone with actual spell slots) if you're fighting a boss. Multiclassing Warlock costs you the best class feature, which is auto-upcast.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Lae'zel is being given the Dak'kon treatment, where she is supposed to have a crisis of faith. And she does have it. And it's really nice. But it has nothing of the charm and style that MCA has given Dak'kon's story.

Which brings me/us back to the same conclusion: Larian needs better writers. Preferably ones that are more right-leaning politically. Hell, I'll even take a libertarian one, as long as it has what MCA has: writing with a minor in architecture.

Remember: the first creators of RPGs were an architect and a writer.
(They are right-leaning. If you had any idea how utterly ruthless the degeneracy project is maybe you wouldn't be so big on the right in the first place.)

Nikanuur

Arbiter
Patron
There's also another fix of a kind; put on a hat. It (magically?) switches her hairdo into something completely different, and quite fashionable at that! With those loose locks of hair and solemn eyes peering behind the brim, she immediately starts to look like a female Van Helsing wannabe.

I was surprised they made such a special effort just for that. I mean, a buff-featureless hat is probably the least desirable choice with so many really functional pieces of head gear lying around, yet they did this. I'm writing from the night shift; I'll post a picture from home later on.

Self-Ejected
Which brings me/us back to the same conclusion: Larian needs better writers. Preferably ones that are more right-leaning politically.
I always go back to Star Trek, which had leftist writers, but was very watchable.

Your politics, or in this case your fetishes, shouldn't get in the way of the writing.

But then, Star Trek writers wanted to communicate some greater moral message and not "refugees = good" or "(gay) sex = fun".

The same with PST, which was loaded with philosophical musings on the nature of man and reality, and the plot was an enjoyable vehicle for exploring that.

Meanwhile, Larian's 7-man cuck squad wrote in a mind flayer that wants to fuck you.
Muh politics...
Noisy Muricans can't enjoy things

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
I have a question:
Why is Viconia so fucking ugly and looking like a used up whore (which, technically, she already was)?
Jaheira is also fugly as all hell.
Seriously, the new trend of making game characters ugly as fuck (presumably in an effort to make them more "realistic" or some shit) needs to stop.
Gotta keep those ESG scores up. It's a good thing they didn't bring up Jan Jansen (PBUH) because Larian and WotC would ruin him even harder than they ruined the two elves. They probably would've just found some shitty voice actor to do the voices like they did with Minsc and Viconia too. Besides, I don't think you really want to be around Jaheira at her age (should she really even still be alive?). There was already enough of Keldorn soiling his diapers daily and stinking up the entire campsite. I'm sure Jaheira is much worse at that point being a half-elf. Yeah sure, elves keep their arses clean but a half-elf DRUID who probably has some tree-hugging nonsense ideas about not showering to save water isn't going to be bathing for weeks and probably hasn't changed her diaper that long either.
Yeah, Jan was a really good companion.
Honestly, the one gnome who redeemed the gnomish race in my eyes.

The fight is really a turning point, and between the black hole and hunger of hadar spells and the fact that some dudes hit my guys like 4 times and kill them in one turn only makes it feel all that more entertaining lol

Nihiliste

Arcane
Patron
Honestly, I've never seen a well done evil path in any cRPG, at best a well-written cartonish evil path

I thought Mask of the Betrayer did a pretty good but it’s been a long, long time since I played it now to remember clearly. Very rare for sure for games to even try to give a quality evil path though

Nihiliste

Arcane
Patron
Someone should make a puritan mod for this game to solve the woke vs non woke thing. Games shouldn’t have “romances” anyways, the entire concept is degenerate and cringe

Herumor

Scholar
He wants to manipulate you and sees that as a way of doing so, he doesn't actually care for you or about fucking. Mind Flayers derive joy from eating brains, everything else is just bullshit.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
Someone should make a puritan mod for this game to solve the woke vs non woke thing.
A) It's going to be a ton of work.
B) No mod tools have been released as of yet, so people are hacking together mods using DOS tools.
C) Even if you spend the time to make said mod, it will get deleted and your account will be banned from whichever modding site.

I still plan to try to make a lite version of this sort of mod, but I'm waiting until the mod community sorts out some useful tools for it before wasting a lot of time on a game I like less and less.

TheDarkUrge

Educated
Lae'zel is so schizo
Based schizo frog just likes violence.
Everything about her is ridiculously edgy but at least she isn't a little bitch like Wyll, Karlach and Gale.
did I do something wrong? In my playthrough she said something along the lines of kill those tieflings or I kill you. I was fuck you bitch and killed her
yes you can just send them away, but killing tieflings is a good thing so you did two things wrong

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In

Apparently, Hololive En is going to do their own BG3 stream.

All the haters didn't believe me when I said this game being popular with streamers was kind of a big deal, but I keep seeing 80k+ viewers on Twitch for this, and I only check during off hours. This translates into a ton of word of mouth marketing and sales.

Takamori

Learned

Apparently, Hololive En is going to do their own BG3 stream.

All the haters didn't believe me when I said this game being popular with streamers was kind of a big deal, but I keep seeing 80k+ viewers on Twitch for this, and I only check during off hours. This translates into a ton of word of mouth marketing and sales.

Well Swen is just laughing on his way to his bank account, don't underestimate the weeboo marketing.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom