Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate & Baldur's Gate II Mod Thread

d1r

Busin 0 Wizardry Alternative Neo fanatic
Patron
It's not about her being special, but she's charname's sister and it's a main plot element.
Her getting kidnapped later is a brilliant solution to the old design issue with the city quests.

About clay golems, I forgot clerics have a 3rd level Remove Curse. It works, so: slightly less annoying.
Thought I had to go to a temple while I was locked inside the Sphere.
How is your run going?

mastroego

Arcane
Had to pause it for a while actually.
Lately I've been playing games in short bursts, switching between them.

Anyway, the last save was just after finishing the Sphere.
The party is stable now.
Charname (dual classed Berserker/Mage), Imoen (thanks to the mod), Jaheira (whom I didn't have the heart to kick out, again, despite the plan being to enroll Hubelpot instead), and Yeslick (fighter/cleric).
Four people, leveling up is moderately fast, everyone is some kind of multiclass, it seems like everything is in place.
So far it's enjoyable.

I'll try and add more when possible :)

cdx

Novice
Hey Codex, I mentioned arrows facing the wrong way with GOG BG1 vanilla some time ago, and by chance found a 'let's play' on Youtube. Here's a screenshot:

If you pause it just at this timestamp as Imoen fires her bow, you can see the arrow facing the wrong way. Just a heads up for people running Nvidia cards. In the comments of this guy's Episode 1 he stated this is his video card. AFAIK there isn't a fix other than running AMD cards. Which have all kinds of shit now with their software.

I had the same BG1 issues as the youtube video for a very long time, arrows flying funny, inverted fog of war edges, birds flying backwards, on Nvidia card.

This fixed it for me: https://www.reddit.com/r/baldursgate/comments/tiweqe/comment/i1gohwc/

The original bg1 used directdraw instead of bg2s usage of opengl, and it has a couple bugs in newer versions of windows.

http://bitpatch.com/ddwrapper.html

For the shadow issue I use this directdraw fix. unzip it into your bg1 folder and in the included cfg file change these two parameters to 1 instead of their default 0:

ForceDirectDrawEmulation
NoVideoMemory

Then launch the game as normal. I believe you also need to enable software rendering (maybe also software transparency) in the graphics menu but I am not at my desk to test this.

This should be all you need, he has a weidu mod version of the same software but I don't have any personal experience on how to configure it the way I have, but you can also give it a shot:

http://bitpatch.com/ie_ddrawfix.html

I use the one from the top link with the suggested shadow fix and it corrects birds and arrows, too.

Jadeite

Educated
They got any nudity or sex mods? Also anyone have a link to that one where Stan says, "They killed Kenny," every time they win a battle? Shit was hilarious as hell.

mastroego

Arcane
You modded Yeslick into BG2, I assume?

Well, I downloaded a mod made by someone else.
It seems decently done.
I wanted a Fighter/Cleric but veto'ed Anomen.
What were your toughest battles so far?
hmmm, not so fresh in my memory anymore...
but perhaps the final one of Jaheira's quest. I did speed it up with the console, as I initially intended to replace Jaheira.
The battle would probably have happened after coming back from Spellhold, otherwise.

Saldrone

Novice
Is there a mod that brings back the Robe of the Neutral Archamagi in Shadows of Amn? I know i could just bought the Robe of Vecna but the archmagi robes looks cool.

Mauman

Learned
Is there a mod that brings back the Robe of the Neutral Archamagi in Shadows of Amn? I know i could just bought the Robe of Vecna but the archmagi robes looks cool.
You could just Shadowkeeper it in I think.

Minor bit of mod errata. Found that original BG1 mods editing innate npc abilities or spells (e.g. the BG1UB component that edits Safana) can break Gatekeeper functionality for that NPC if it doesn’t recognise the spell.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom