Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldurs Gate ToTSC 3cd version.. Widescreen mod dont work !?

Silva

Arcane
Hi. I tried to install the widescreen mod in BG1 ToTSC 3CD version, but it doenst work.

Can someone help me here?

P.S: Im a fallout, Arcanum, Torment, Darklands, Gothic, Ultima and Bloodlines fan, and dont like Baldurs Gate 2. Im just trying out BG1 to see how it is.

Just to make things clear. :D

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
Re: Baldurs Gate ToTSC 3cd version.. Widescreen mod dont wor

Silva said:
P.S: Im a fallout, Arcanum, Torment, Darklands, Gothic, Ultima and Bloodlines fan, and dont like Baldurs Gate 2. Im just trying out BG1 to see how it is.

Hm, this is highly suspicious. I think you're an Elder Scrolls spy!

Melcar

Arcane
It doesn't work for "regular" BG. I have both the 3 CD version an the original 5 CD version and none of them work with the widescreen mod. I'm guessing its the game's particular engine version not being able to scale beyond the default resolution, because if you use BGTuTu/BGT (use the BG2 engine) the mod works fine. The game does look awesome at 1650x1080 by the way :) .

If you didn't like BG2 then don't bother. Actually if you DID like BG2 then don't bother either. BG2 is so far ahead of BG in every way - if you don't like BG2 then you don't like the BG series period.

deranged

Cipher
BG1 is a piece of overrated junk. Low-level loot is good, but you will be bored to death until you reach Baldur's Gate. It almost feels like an exercise after a while. It's you and the fog of war. "Can you make it?"

If you are really desperate you can try the "Fields of the dead" mod, which is pretty good. Not BgTutu compatible though.

Why don't you like BG2? It is top stuff. Some mindless dungeon crawling and randomly placed monsters here and there but the overall quality of writing and sheer scope of the game place it as the Nb.1 'Forgotten Realms' world adaptations ever made, easily.

As far as your question is regarded, you need to have BGTutu installed to make use of the w-screen mod, as 'Melcar' said. Not sure why you would want to do that though. Everything looks too tiny on higher resolutions....

Melcar

Arcane
BG2 is infinitely better, so if that one is on tha no-like list, forget about BG. However, if you have BG2 laying around and care to hunt down some mods (BGTuTu, NPCmod, etc.) then the game will much better.

Pastel

Scholar
Make sure to install the Saerilith mod, if you want to try BG2 again.

spectre

Arcane

excusatio non petita accusatio manifesta :-P

What was said, if you didn't like BG2, don't bother with BG. It's inferior in amost every aspect.

inwoker

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine

Silva said:
P.S: Im a fallout, Arcanum, Torment, Darklands, Gothic, Ultima and Bloodlines fan, and dont like Baldurs Gate 2.
I guess you also don't like Oblivion. Found nwn boring, but liked Mask of the betrayer.
what about 4chan?

The Feral Kid

Prophet

Silva said:
Hi. I tried to install the widescreen mod in BG1 ToTSC 3CD version, but it doenst work.

Let's hope it never does. You don't deserve it.

If you are not an AD&D fan better play something else entirely.

Stupid comment. You don't have to be a D&D fan to like BG.

Letum Fol

Novice
Does anyone get why people seem to feel the need to say they don't like baldur's gate? How does that in any way show rpg appreciation credentials? Personally, I think BG2 is one of the best RPGs I've played.

The Feral Kid

Prophet
Letum Fol said:
Does anyone get why people seem to feel the need to say they don't like baldur's gate?.

Just insecure drones who can't form their own opinion and need to make this statement at the fear of being rejected for liking BG by the codex majority. Ugh...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom