Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Batman: The Brave and the Bold 2D sidescroller beat 'em up

Admiral jimbob

gay as all hell
Wasteland 2
This will probably kill my credibility forever, but I fucking loved A Boy and his Blob. Absolutely gorgeous, incredibly emotionally engaging, reasonably challenging and the only concession to handholding was signs telling you which blob form to use on... er... the easier puzzles. The ones that only required one form. Whereas the ones that required about four had no guidance whatsoever. It was a bit weird, actually. Their publisher wanted them to make it darker and edgier with a modern twist when they saw the art and proposal, but Wayforward stuck to their guns.

So yeah, good developer. Good to see them making something that'll probably bring them in a bit of cash, BahB was the first Wii game I actually bought (after pirating and completing it) in years.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Hat's off to the company that made A Boy and His Blob still being in existence after... what... nearly twenty years now? Shame this is only for consoles, although Shank is similar and will have a PC port (basically a stylized and more violent version of Double Dragon):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTnYay1je3Q

Not Batman, but, oh well.

Admiral jimbob

gay as all hell
Wasteland 2
Definitely. Again, great game.

Also, just read that interview, they really seem enthusiastic about this one and seem to genuinely know and love the source material. Even if it's just a decent brawler with fucktons of DC fanservice, I'll be sold, WayForward's charm and style will make it a memorable experience.

EDIT: what exactly is Batman going to do against Starro

Andhaira

Arcane
Why is this only coming out for Wii and DS? Don't they realize the moolah they could make if they port it over to the other puppies (consoles)

Admiral jimbob

gay as all hell
Wasteland 2
AndhairaX said:
the other puppies (consoles)

andhaira.png

Felix

Arcane
Show me a flash game with animations and backgrounds like that.....

Confirmed :

Batman
Blue Beetle
Green Lantern
Green Arrow
Aquaman (but only as a "drop-in" character)
Black Canary
Robin
Hawkman

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom