Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News BattleTech Kickstarter Update #33: Introducing the Main Characters, Beta in Q1 2017

Black

Arcane
Who could've seen it coming with their glorious track record.
9OHupR0.jpg

Battletech/Mechwarrior is getting used and abused by shit devs.

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

What makes SJWs bad is that they can't be natural, normal, or common sensical about race or gender. To the extent anti-SJWs are as bad as SJWs, its because they also can't be natural, normal, or common sensical about race or gender.

A good example of being natural about race is feeling a healthy sense of belonging to one while at the same time acknowledging that shared humanity with other races is at least co-equally important than racial differences and that all racial heritages have features that are rarely just good or bad. For example, one general element that sets apart the white racial heritage apart from the rest is that it is more creative but also more destructive.

Most alt-right people (who form a huge proportion of the online anti-SJW contingent) would automatically be disqualified because they can't feel a healthy sense of belonging to race or have good attitudes about race in general.

Last edited:

Darkzone

Arcane
What makes SJWs bad is that they can't be natural, normal, or common sensical about race or gender. To the extent anti-SJWs are as bad as SJWs, its because they also can't be natural, normal, or common sensical about race or gender.

But we all are sensitive about the four genders: Male, Female, It and Retard.

Septaryeth

Augur

A good example of being natural about race is feeling a healthy sense of belonging to one while at the same time acknowledging that shared humanity with other races is at least co-equally important than racial differences and that all racial heritages have features that are rarely just good or bad. For example, one general element that sets apart the white racial heritage apart from the rest is that it is more creative but also more destructive.

Most alt-right people (who form a huge proportion of the online anti-SJW contingent) would automatically be disqualified because they can't feel a healthy sense of belonging to race or have good attitudes about race in general.

You make a good point about how alt-right and SJWs share the same attitude when it comes to race, but I don't think it's an accurate description of what happened on the codex (well at least I hope so).
The choice of countries seems random and are not related geographically or politically. And why do some individuals have ancestry with the same country but belong to different factions?
And no this isn't another "A default protagonist should be a white male" argument. This is a "Why are all the default mixes" argument. The devs admit it as much.
Of course I may be wrong about the battletech background which I have no clue of, but from what I read so far, it felt extremely forced, laughable and serve no purpose to an unknown corner of a galaxy.

I'm not butthurting about the agendas, I'm butthurting about the fact the agendas take priority over the game itself in such a retarded fashion yet it's being celebrated.
To be frank, I don't see how collecting and mixing races like some sorts of pokemon breeder is anyway progressive. Gatta catch them all I guess?

Last edited:

Ranarama

Learned
I thought this thread was about a videogame, but apparently I'm meant to feel threatened because I'm white and a video game might have characters of different races to allow other people to role play? This place is becoming a fucking shit hole. Talk about the goddamn game. If it's unrealistic there be asians and brown people then perhaps it's not set in Buttfuck Kansas.

Country_Gravy

Arcane
Patron
Wasteland 2
In 1000 years there will have been no breeding between the races or nations, especially since everyone is scattered across the galaxy. It's just totally unrealistic for a game that involves giant robots being the main force of the military.

Weasel
In 1000 years there will have been no breeding between the races or nations, especially since everyone is scattered across the galaxy. It's just totally unrealistic for a game that involves giant robots being the main force of the military.

There will have been just enough mixing in that thousand years across the galaxy for everyone to have 2 (or perhaps 3) main parts to their race mix, and be clear about their ancestry on the long forgotten Earth. Unfortunately this current situation, convenient as it may seem for liberal 21st Century video game developers and those sick of fucking white males, wasn't to last once the next generation arrived :negative:

My inside info about the sequel from the main BT thread:

Looking forward to the next generation taking the lead in the sequel.

Lady Kamea and Lord Alexander found their close friendship turning to something... more in the heat of battle, producing an heir, Tashneequa, her Egyptian / Portuguese / Hawaiian / Maori features exciting portrait painters across the region.

Meanwhile, Darius Oliveira and Sumire Meyer bumped into each other in a run-down spaceport tavern after a few PPCs too many. 9 months later, out popped the Brazilian / Cuban / Dutch / Japanese baby she named Cyril.

Cyril and Tashneequa grew up hundreds of light years apart but fate intervened, stranding them on the same malfunctioning jumpship in the Taurian Concordat. Love worked its magic, and they doted upon young Irenaeus, who proudly proclaimed his Brazilian / Cuban / Dutch / Japanese / Egyptian / Portuguese / Hawaiian / Maori heritage to everyone he met.

Then one day, shortly after coming of age, Irenaeus enlisted in the mechwarrior academy and laid eyes on the sultry Cholerica, with her distinctive Belgian / Colombian / Icelandic / Irish / Tibetan / Ethiopian / Fijian features....

Black

Arcane
I thought this thread was about a videogame, but apparently I'm meant to feel threatened because I'm white and a video game might have characters of different races to allow other people to role play? This place is becoming a fucking shit hole. Talk about the goddamn game. If it's unrealistic there be asians and brown people then perhaps it's not set in Buttfuck Kansas.
It has nothing to do with racism or xenophobia, it's just that coloured people must be stopped, no matter the cost.

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
HvgyS7b.png

Replace /pol/ with WCDS and it fits just as well.

Yeah, the very clear 2-3 part "heritage/ancestry" mix on each side character is a bit weird but it isn't something that affects the actual systems of the game at all. Nor does it really change the BT world, unless you really were stupid enough to think that all 300+ planets belonging to the Lyran Commonwealth were ALL exactly Germany in SPACE because the House Steiner ruled it. Or that all planets in Federated Suns were exactly like American in SPACE because House Davion was ruling it? This is the sort of embarrassing pandering like we got with Beamdog but it's also the same size/scope of it. That Baldur's Gate interquel wasn't made a worse (or a better) game because you had a tranny shopkeeper who unnaturally proclaims that they are a tranny. Battletech is not going to be a worse (or a better) game because side characters represent a rainbow of ethnicities.

Unwanted

Kalin

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
That Baldur's Gate interquel wasn't made a worse (or a better) game because you had a tranny shopkeeper who unnaturally proclaims that they are a tranny

Of course it made it worse, no sane person would want those sick fucks in their game (except maybe as trash mobs and/or laughing stocks). Only degenerate leftardo-hipster game designers would promote such blatant sodofaggotry, and as we all know, that accursed breed has yet to deliver anything even remotely worth playing. Now sure, a single transmutant info dump may not be the biggest problem with the digital turds peddled by the taste- and talentless crackerhacks over at Beamdawg, but by Jove, it's as sure a symptom of decline as every other festering boil adorning their abominable produce.

Now shut your fag mouth and start the new Aurora community game already.

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

Codex has been in a bit of a death spiral for the past year or two. Used to be every thread was richly ornamented with RPG knowledge, discussions about mechanics and mods, developer/modder bios, etc. Now it seems like every thread is 2/3 of posters railing about SJWs and 1/3 saying some variation of, "its not so bad."

Can't say I blame Bubbles for manufacturing a drama out of nothing so he could stop posting from the moral high ground.

Self-Ejected

Irenaeus

Self-Ejected
Patron
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual The Real Fanboy
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera

Codex has been in a bit of a death spiral for the past year or two. Used to be every thread was richly ornamented with RPG knowledge, discussions about mechanics and mods, developer/modder bios, etc. Now it seems like every thread is 2/3 of posters railing about SJWs and 1/3 saying some variation of, "its not so bad."

Can't say I blame Bubbles for manufacturing a drama out of nothing so he could stop posting from the moral high ground.

You should get the fuck out of here, loser.

Go back to putting stuff up your ass. No one cares about you, you are a waste of space.

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected

lol

jungl

Augur
Well this game is being made by 50+ year old liberal men. This age group is responsible for all this SJW stuff we seen skyrocket into the mainstream at around 2008.

You should get the fuck out of here, loser.

Go back to putting stuff up your ass. No one cares about you, you are a waste of space.

Eat a dick?

Death spiral

It is in a death spiral. You walk into one thread and it is more or less the same as any other thread in any other forum subsection. Marginal interest in game mechanics and role playing and high interest in the personalities and values of developers and other posters.

Self-Ejected

Irenaeus

Self-Ejected
Patron
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual The Real Fanboy
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera
Death spiral

It is in a death spiral. You walk into one thread and it is more or less the same as any other thread in any other forum subsection. Marginal interest in game mechanics and role playing and high interest in the personalities and values of developers and other posters.

You should take off your librul glasses before waking into threads.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom