Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Been replaying ultima 7

ever

Scholar
Yeah it was impossible to get all your dudes to sit. And once again its not path finding its traffic control get it right people.

Combat in Exult might actually be ok because of the increased view port size. All that needs to be done is for the speed to be toned down a bit and for the A.I tactics you set to actually do something. Also your companions not going running through trapped corridors after enemies in some room a fair ways away would be nice too.

This thread won me over. Next full play through of this game is getting done in Exult.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Jaesun said:
EDIT: Looking into this further, apparently there never was a patch for Ultima VII.
I'm pretty sure there were several. I distinctly remember graphic corruptions of one kind or another (that don't occur with Ultima Collection), and I specifically remember the infamous "key deletion bug". I had that (original floppy version) and had to install one of the patches to make it go away and actually be able to play the game.

ever

Scholar
Wrong thread, doofus.

You want the Ultima 2 thread.

Edit: Cool

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
There was something irritating me about the interface - you know, when you move stacks, you get a confirmation that you want to move the whole stack? Yeah, i went to the source and disabled that.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Did you ever split stacks intentionally? Maybe for gunpowder and reagents, especially with the keyring mod (characters can spellcast here). I don't know the code enough otherwise i would add a modifer key or just use the middle mouse button to do that type of drag.

Seriously it was driving me mad, here i am, robbing the dragons in Destard while invisible or whatever and then, the fucking screen appears 30 times.

ever

Scholar
Yeah I don't recall splitting stacks.

Here's a fun thing to do: If you've played Ultima V or VI go visit Stonegate in this one.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Another great advantage is that you can join stacks on the ground without the prompt, before passing them to a char.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Huh, i did the shrine quests in the mod - the reward is a shortcut to the main quest apparently - one of the virtue stones is marked with the location of the time lord, avoiding the ringmarole with the the emps, wisps, alagnar, and horance. That's fine by me.

ever

Scholar
SCO,

You should see if it's easy or hard to add in a checkbox in the settings menu for Exult, and if it's easy add a switch for your no split dialogue thingo. Then submit that as a patch.

I for one would welcome it! Just as long as I can turn it back on if I ever need to split something.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
After looking at how exult is doing menus i've respectfully decided to decline...

The horror... the horror of GameplayOptions_gump.cc

Edit : actually, i'm exaggerating. I'm doing it.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
It's done. You can find it on the patches part of the exult sourceforge page. Menu option + CTRL enables you to split the stacks again if you really want to.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom