Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Best NWN2:MotB Camera Setup?

Gruu

Novice
Hi all,

I've been playing NWN2:MotB again after a several-month hiatus. (I'm early in Act II.) Within an hour of starting it up again, I remembered why I had set it down: the camera control is abysmal, and I'm not sure what I can do to make it better. Almost everyone on the Codex has had high praise for the story, and I'd like to play through it, but the camera makes even walking across town an onerous affair.

For those of you that have played it, was there particular camera settings that you used to make things better?

Thanks!

Wyrmlord

Arcane
Strategy Mode
Free-Moving (not centered on character)
Marquee Select

Or if you're playing in Character mode
Turn Camera on Mouse Hitting Edge of the Screen
Ceiling Off
Also, IIRC, there is an option to disable the camera from changing the angle to horizon. Might be wrong

Starwars

Arcane
I can't rememeber the exact controls I have, but I use the Strategy mode with the camera focused on my character. Use the mousewheel (press and hold) to spin the camera around. It's pretty much identical to how I played NWN1, except that we got the Marquee selection this time around.

Works great for me.

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
I prefer Character Mode, even though WASD is kind of funky in this game. I like leaving ceilings on and auto-fade off, as I'm a cheap two-dollar graphics whore through-and-through. I turn on the "snap-back" camera feature (whatever that's called) and I turn the mouse sensitivity way down so zooming and rotating is manageable (mapped freelook to 'X'). High framerate suggested for this mode only.

For crowded combat situations I often switch to Strategy Mode with ceilengs off. It's much easier to target spells and so forth this way.

Gruu

Novice
Thank you for the feedback! I'll try out your suggestions and will hopefully find something that works.

Lumpy

Arcane
The camera is perfectly fine. It may not be the best, but it's not unbearable.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom