Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Bethesda bashing thread

Frozen

Arcane
Skyrim was RPG for a common man, a simpleton. But it has one thing going-music. Probably the best soundtrack in gaming (opinion).
If you are a melancholic than hiking around those dark mountains while OST is playing in the background does create a special feeling. Special atmosphere similar to TW1.
It doesn't make TES an RPG but still gives an imaginative aura around the shit that is all the rest.

I always have that thing about TES game like...it could be a great game if only everything in it was completely different.
To me even now it wasn't the limitation of gameplay/engine but limitation of people creating within it.
1 word for me do describe a TES game-rubber, a condom.

Self-Ejected

Brayko

Self-Ejected
Jeremy Soule is quite talented no question he's just playing for the wrong team. I first heard his work in TA: Kingdoms and was very notable. If I ever get into game design ill steal him :smug:

Sjukob

Arcane
Jeremy Soule is quite talented no question
Jeremy Soule is heavily overrated . He made some good music , but he doesn't deserve the reputation of genius composer . He is not even a great one , just above average , I find that most of his tracks are very boring and impossible to listen without falling asleep .

Self-Ejected

Brayko

Self-Ejected
I'd rate him below Basil Poledouris, James Horner, and Ennio Morricone but those are movie composers. Can anyone think of a great game composer off the top of their heads?

Sjukob

Arcane
Johan Lindgren ( Magicka )
Adam Skorupa ( The Witcher )
Paul Romero ( HoMM series )
Kirill Pokrovsky ( Divinity series )

And IMHO dudes from Celestial Aeon Project , their music is something like Soule's , but much better .

Edit:
Those are only fantasy games , I can continue with
Rik Schaffer ( X-men legends , VtMB )
Alexander Brandon ( Deus Ex )
Damjan mravunac ( Serious Sam series )
The guy that made Space rangers soundtrack , can't find his name though .

Last edited:

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Jeremy Soule is heavily overrated . He made some good music , but he doesn't deserve the reputation of genius composer . He is not even a great one , just above average , I find that most of his tracks are very boring and impossible to listen without falling asleep .

He has some amazing tracks behind him( Kulduhar) but yea, there are definitely some misses too and I definitely think it's fair to say he's overrated.

Self-Ejected

Brayko

Self-Ejected
Yeah I'd say it's a common fallacy to focus squarely on the good stuff whilst ignoring the bad. It's that forgiving western attitude kicking in to say "so and so is one of my favorites" because they like one or two tracks from them.

Orma

Arcane
Patron
Torment: Tides of Numenera
Johan Lindgren ( Magicka )
Adam Skorupa ( The Witcher )
Paul Romero ( HoMM series )
Kirill Pokrovsky ( Divinity series )

And IMHO dudes from Celestial Aeon Project , their music is something like Soule's , but much better .

Edit:
Those are only fantasy games , I can continue with
Rik Schaffer ( X-men legends , VtMB )
Alexander Brandon ( Deus Ex )
Damjan mravunac ( Serious Sam series )
The guy that made Space rangers soundtrack , can't find his name though .

Mark Morgan and Kai Rosenkranz ffs
:rpgcodex:

Lord Azlan

Arcane
Patron
Shitposter
Like George Carlin on religion,

However, with promising companies like CD Projekt Red and From Software, while not perfect, may help steer the industry into a more promising direction.

Sorry - CD Projekt are rubbish.

Bethesda - Games for retards
CD Projekt - Retarded games for retards.

Any game from Arena on wards it better than any Witcher.

Self-Ejected

Brayko

Self-Ejected
I disagree. While not nearly perfect, The Witcher 3 does raise the industrial bar in character chemistry and narrative (no retarded "arrow in the knee" memes). Too bad about the dumbed down alchemy and streamlined map features but I guess you gotta reach some level of derp to properly compete at this point. Also, that folksy soundtrack I didn't particularly care for and it did drag on a little longer than it should have. Blows Bioware completely out of the water and may make Bethesda think twice. Or not, but hey, I think reviewers may take note when Fallout 4 comes around.

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I was pleasantly surprised when heard Adam Skorupa's music in Twitcher because I knew his music from back when he composed for Odium/Gorky 17. That had a nice soundtrack.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
The one thing i find amazing about them is that you'd think with all the money they have they would be able to at least hire some competent people. But no, every single aspect of their games suck. I mean, i fucking hated Half Life 2 and had to force myself to finish it but there was no question that a lot of talent and craft was put into this game, even though it is was all wasted on some dumb, linear shooter with crappy physics puzzles. Working at Bethesda must truly be the dream job. You don't have to have any talent or skill whatsoever. Just do what lord Todd Howard tells you to do, and even if your work sucks and you fuck everything up it doesn't matter, because retarded morons will still be buying the game in droves.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam

Sjukob

Arcane
This reviewer makes a decent attempt at explaining what is wrong with Skyrim and why the game sucks monkey dick in a way that ought to be easy for the masses to understand
I don't understand the need for text walls .

1) Absence of choices .
2) No social interactivity .
3) No consequences .
4) Banal boring plot .
5) Banal boring characters .
6) Combat system is shit .
7) Awful character development ( perks ) .
8) World gains levels with player .
9) Absence of RPG elemts ( yet the game claims to be a RPG ) .
10) Bugs .
11) Weak graphics .
This is The Witcher ( 2007 ) game from a begginer company by that time .
the_witcher_geralt_by_jd1680a.jpg

This is Skyrim ( 2011 ) game by big and experienced company .
5584229A498623D2D6C3967547638F810DFC0870

Also , why the fuck he wears chainmail under leather .
12) Poor voice acting .
13) Poor AI .
14) Poor balance .
Here you go , the list of truth , I might have missed something , but the information is correct .

How this shit got GOTY award I have no idea even today . Skyrim is a like a pile of shit served on richly decorated plate by a tidy , gentle waiter . It might look alright at first , but cloche can't hide the horrible stench escaping it's cover , in fact the pile of shit on a plate is so big that cloche can't cover it completely and it leaks . I'm answering my own question , I didn't believe that so many people can buy for this , but apparently they can .

I understand why people try to be soft with Skyrim criticism , they don't feel like taking the anger from crowd who won't accept this . But why waste time on such articles ? You can't reason with brainwashed fanatics .

Bethesda might in all effects be the worst AAA company in existence
You know I count Skyrim as one of the worst games I played and I am serious about it , it might not be the worst , but I can't think of any other game that was so disgusting to me . Skyrim might be the worst AAA in existence , worse than conveyor shit made by EA or Ubisoft .

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
I like this quote from that blog review:

But it doesn't take long to see through the thin veneer of the "open world" realise that, while it has all the breadth of an ocean, it has all the depth of a puddle.

Sums it up perfectly.

Outlander

Custom Tags Are For Fags.
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
How this shit got GOTY award I have no idea even today

Millions upon millions of kwabucks very wisely spent on marketing. It's true that the development branch of the company is the shittiest of the shittiest, but the marketing dept. is, by far, one of the best I've ever seen.

Aoyagi

Scholar

There is no game composer that made as much music and has all/most of it in high regard. But I still consider Morrowind to be at/near the top of them all.
My other favourites are Howard Mostrom (Demigod), Billl Brown (Lineage 2), Mark Morgan (Fallout 2, PST).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom