Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Bethesda's Fallout Online Incoming!

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18220

Bethesda Softworks Opens Battlecry Studios in Austin
Long-time Industry Veteran Rich Vogel to Head Development at New Studio
October 3, 2012 (Rockville, MD) – Bethesda Softworks®, a ZeniMax® Media company, is pleased to announce it has established a new studio in Austin, Texas, Battlecry Studios, to be headed by long-time industry veteran Rich Vogel. Most recently, Vogel worked at Bioware where he served as the executive producer on the development of Star Wars: The Old Republic. Rich has a long history in the industry having worked on Ultima Online, and Star Wars Galaxies as well as other online and console titles during his 20+ years in game development. The new studio is currently hiring other experienced game developers to fill key roles for an unannounced project.
“I have always admired and respected Bethesda’s approach to making great, original games,” said Vogel. “It’s a belief and passion I share, and I’m looking forward to building a team of high quality developers who want to bring that same commitment and creative energy to the games we’ll be creating.”
“We are very pleased to have someone with Rich’s vast experience join us at Bethesda,” said Vlatko Andonov, President of Bethesda Softworks. “Rich has a history of building and managing talented development teams and bringing high quality games to market, and we look forward to working with him on a new exciting project.”
Battlecry Studios will be the second ZeniMax studio located in Austin, joining Arkane® Studios, whose highly-anticipated title, Dishonored™, ships this month. For more information about Bethesda Softworks and available jobs at Battlecry Studios, visit: http://jobs.zenimax.com/.

Of note, this is NOT the studio that is working on the shitty ES one.

Enjoy Fallout online guise!

:troll:

*they do not specifically mention Fallout.

Sul

Savant
Wasn't Rich Vogel the one responsible for chosing the half-finished Hero Engine for TOR? If so then hiring him is the most retarded (between many) decision Bethesda could make.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Wasn't Rich Vogel the one responsible for chosing the half-finished Hero Engine for TOR? If so then hiring him is the most retarded (between many) decision Bethesda could make.
Yeah, I thought a guy like this would be black listed out of the industry forever... not immediatly hired and given another game to make...

You guys clearly don't understand how corporate America works. When you are the top dog of a horrible failure it means you weren't given enough money and freedom to do what you wanted and everyone below you fucked up your grand plan.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
To be honest, with EA swinging the layoff Axe, at least hopefully all those layed off people will now have something to work for.

deuxhero

Arcane
I don't see the problem with this: ToRtanic has been pretty bad for someone of EA's size. Imagine how badly TWO MMO failures will hurt the much smaller Bethesda.

fizzelopeguss

Arcane
Unbelievable, nobody is ever truly given the sack in this industry.

Good news for us though, with two colossal MMO failiures incoming, bethesda will soon be on its arse and that FO license will be back on the market.

Best get saving your pennies, codex.

msxyz

Augur
Isn't Bethesda already using the Hero engine for TES: online?

Maybe they hired this guy for the experience he has with the engine and associated tools.

Mary Sue Leigh

Erudite
Isn't the Hero engine stable and finished by now? So not everything's lost, haha. I for one welcome the idea of whacking thousands of stationary endlessly respawning ghouls in the head with a meat cleaver, then doing it again to collect their entrails for someone, all the while watching a 'deserted' and barren wasteland abuzz with people with ridiculous mohawks and impractical wear riding past me on giant mutant.. beetles or something.. while shouting on a channel everyone in the world can hear how they're selling purple magical weapons. Oh good times ahead.

Looks like part of my brain has started to decompose.. They told me it would not start before 10 more years. :/

ohWOW

Sucking on dicks and being proud of it
Dumbfuck Queued
Can't wait for the lulz threads.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
I don't see the problem with this: ToRtanic has been pretty bad for someone of EA's size. Imagine how badly TWO MMO failures will hurt the much smaller Bethesda.

Yes since the Mainstream studios has fallen too far to be redeemed good portion of flops can purge atleast some of them. I hope it means they won't make new Fallout.

Predicting the Codex being invaded by Bethestards who think this is the place to complain about FO Online and reminisce about the glory days of FO3 before it was dumbed down to meet an even lower least common denominator.

ohWOW

Dumbfuck Queued
We're gonna have TWO trainwrecks from Bethesda? :bounce::bounce::bounce:
Let's now pray for release dates in the same year, same month. Can't predict how big failure it will turn out (lack of informations), but:
images1.jpg

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA
"Monetization designer" is actually a job title? Is Jew not PC enough anymore?

If I ever meet someone who calls themselves a monetization designer in real life I'm afraid I'll be racking up a battery charge.

Black Shogun

Educated
:what:
NO NO NO NON ON ON ONO NO NON ON ONO NON ONoNON!ON!ON!ON!O!NO!NO!NO!NO!NO!N!ONO!

WHUYAHYWHYWHYWHYWHWYHWYHYHWYHWYHWYHAYHWYHAYWHYAHWYAHWYHWAYHWYHWAYHAWHWYHWAYHAYHWYHWYA NOAWNODANOINSDONAONDOWANOSNDONAONDOANWO NON ONO NO NON ON ON ON ONO NON ON ON!ON O!NONSAJLDS AKLD AWHDO HSKLJDSAH DKL AHWOPDH ASHJDKH WALHD ASHD KLSAN DJAW JDLASJD

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA
Hey guise, I think they broke Black Shogun. You bastards!

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron

Yes since the Mainstream studios has fallen too far to be redeemed good portion of flops can purge atleast some of them. I hope it means they won't make new Fallout.
The ideal circumstance would be that ZionMax goes bankrupt from failed MMOs, and Obsidian buys the rights to Fallout using the massive profits from Project Eternity.

ohWOW

Dumbfuck Queued
They got money for nothing, that's enough to call it a profit.

Wonder, will kickstarter work out?

Norfleet

I'm just amused that they were able to so easily con people into paying for this fictional, nonexistent game. It's like they've come up with a strategy to con investors out of their money no matter if they win or lose. Yes, even if they ever actually do make the game, you STILL lose, and they laugh all the way to the bank with your profits, having bought you off with a few shiny beads.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron

Wonder, will kickstarter work out?
No, they've got money in exchange for a ton of liabilities. Learn to economics FFS.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom