Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Better, than the test site, blander than the past.

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
It would be neat if you could give the same rating by just clicking on an existing one. Taluntain Twiglard could this be done? The problem is that then we need a different solution to see who has rated what. We could add an additional link next to the reactions for that.
It's not a stock feature, so this would require custom development.

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
It's turned off for me still, completely, even with a hard refresh. What are you trying to do, anyway? The zoom works in both the post display and the button box and is fully configurable in the addon's settings. I don't know if you have access to that, so just mentioning it.

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
It's turned off for me still, completely, even with a hard refresh. What are you trying to do, anyway? The zoom works in both the post display and the button box and is fully configurable in the addon's settings. I don't know if you have access to that, so just mentioning it.
I added a bright background in the button box. It should be visible when hovering over an arbitrary button.

Lord of Riva

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
It would be neat if you could give the same rating by just clicking on an existing one. Taluntain Twiglard could this be done? The problem is that then we need a different solution to see who has rated what. We could add an additional link next to the reactions for that.
It's not a stock feature, so this would require custom development.

Please consider this nonetheless, it's a huge quality of life thing for those who like to use the ratings.

EDIT: Twiglard The solution is good, appreciated.

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
I added a bright background in the button box. It should be visible when hovering over an arbitrary button.
Oh, that. Heh. That's fine, I wasn't married to the zoom in any way.

Demo.Graph

Liturgist
Is it possible to get specific number of views and comments for the topics again? They shorten to something like 40k now.

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
Is it possible to get specific number of views and comments for the topics again? They shorten to something like 40k now.
That would take more space and further reduce the available area for more important text on the Fixed Width layouts especially. It's a statistic that it makes sense to display, but nobody really has any use for knowing whether a forum has 40.158 posts vs 40.1k as it has no bearing on anything.

Last edited:

Syl

Cipher
Let me go back to this thread: I know you guys won't change it if I ask for it, but I simply wanna know the rationale behind the button zooming on mouse hover. It makes rating even more cumbersome than it is now, specially if you accidentally hover on [citation needed] which occupies half the screen (I'm exaggerating here but almost) and hides all the buttons next to it.

Just wanna know the reason.
It's just a stock feature. Nobody except you seems to be bothered by it.
I didn't like it too, if only for the fact that the zoomed icons are blurry.
Good change. Thanks Twiglard .

jackofshadows

Magister
The underline for "Brofist" is a nice addition but it still doesn't make a slightest sense in itself when it opens a menu instead of actually brofisting a post? Lets brainstorm more about that, maybe "Rate this post"? That's too long though, maybe just "Rate this"? I don't know, even a blank imo is better than this misleading description, reminds me of some console fuckery a little.

Peachcurl

Cipher
The underline for "Brofist" is a nice addition but it still doesn't make a slightest sense in itself when it opens a menu instead of actually brofisting a post? Lets brainstorm more about that, maybe "Rate this post"? That's too long though, maybe just "Rate this"? I don't know, even a blank imo is better than this misleading description, reminds me of some console fuckery a little.
"Rate me harder!"

also a bit long tho

that's what she said haha

:(

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
It already was Rate for a while, but Twiglard changed it back to Brofist. It doesn't make sense to me either.

Gargaune

Arcane
It already was Rate for a while, but Twiglard changed it back to Brofist. It doesn't make sense to me either.
Neither is good enough for the Codex, it should be called Button!, exclamation mark included.

Peachcurl

Cipher
1. What's keeping us from using "Rate" as the text, Brofist as an icon, and rating brofist as the default (i.e., double click) behavior? Best from all worlds.

2. While you rename this, it would probably be nice to rename the "Remove" button as well. Not very clear what that means. Should be "Remove rating", or something like "unrate" if you want to keep it short.

Unwanted

†††

Patron
Good job you trolls.

Screenshot from 2022-06-21 19-27-22.png

The Codex is literally run on pettiness.

EDIT: back to normal, God knows for how long... stop messing with this shit. Fix your goddamn homepage first.

Last edited:

jackofshadows

Magister
Oh for fuck's sake! At least that disgusting donut is finally gone.

edit: whoops, my mistake after seeing the desktop cotex after lying a week with a phone.

It looks alright by the way and as it turns out I'm using 125% zoom on a standart 2k display. So now I start to understand the annoyance and cuntiness of Taluntain because now the idea of carrying over the old look using all means seems kinda pointless? It still look different, better wish would be for something brand new instead, idk (especially since there's Bester's retro mod anyway).

Last edited:

Lord of Riva

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
I just want to point out that the purple masturbating thingie was never completely visible without mouse over. My Son always said "that monster looks funny" now I am closing the window ASAP when I have the 'dex open.

Sarathiour

Cipher
I also am a huge fan of role-playing rpg game.

Also you forgot to add an accent to describe this new description of brofist.

It's "raté"

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom