Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

BG2: Stuck in altered form

DraQ

Arcane
After using Polymorph self spell.

The spell itself is cool, allowing my wimpy mage character to not just take part in close quarters combat where most AOE spells would devastate the party and spellcasting in general is hindered/impossible, but pack quite a wallop as well. The problem is that the spell doesn't want to wear off after I entered the planar portal following certain tiefling minstrel while polymorphed, which deprives me of access to my beloved collection of pretty magical fireworks and makes my character unable to initiate conversation with NPCs. I suspect my character's luck with ladies may take a hit as well, unless they develop a furry streak or something.

Does anyone know how to solve this problem?

Mikser

Educated
Normally there should be a "shapeshift to natural form" button under the Special Abilities (F12) menu.

DraQ

Arcane
Mikser said:
Normally there should be a "shapeshift to natural form" button under the Special Abilities (F12) menu.
The problem is that spell effect (the one indicated by icon) has worn off and all the shapeshift abilitiess have disappeared, but my character hasn't reverted to natural form.

janjetina

Arcane
Patron
Torment: Tides of Numenera
Try downloading near infinity and editing the savegame, removing the state effect from your character. Have you installed all the official (26498) and unofficial (from gibberlings3.net) patches and fixpacks?

DraQ

Arcane
janjetina said:
Try downloading near infinity and editing the savegame, removing the state effect from your character. Have you installed all the official (26498) and unofficial (from gibberlings3.net) patches and fixpacks?
Polish version, so I'm not sure about compatibility.

But I seem to have fixed the problem in a slightly non-straightforward manner. Seeing that I couldn't do anything with character directly, I added a scroll of polymorph self to my char's inventory, ignored "zomg! inventory organization messed up! this save will crash ur gaem!!!1" message and cast it from scroll allowing me to regain control of my main's bodily shape after game had loaded correctly despite all the fuss editor made.

Thanks for the editor hint, I certainly wouldn't want to repeat the battle that left all my party, save for bloodied heap of Yoshimo and my somewhat bruised polymorphed main, dead. Good thing one of them had some resurrecting gizmo in their inventory, so I could raise them.

janjetina

Arcane
Patron
Torment: Tides of Numenera
I've recently replayed BG2 with more than a few mods, and there were quite a few times when I needed to use Near Infinity to fix some bugs, that resulted from the interaction between different mods. If you're using the non-patched version, you'll probably have to get used to editing *.bcs files (unless you are extremely lucky).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom