Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Big picture of computer gaming (it even has some crpg in it)

spekkio

Arcane
Armed and Dangerous, mentioned before.

yaster

Liturgist
That girl from Mirrors Edge seems to carry this baby:
Moo2baa.jpg

edit: Also - over undying looks like severed head of Jeanette from VmtB

DramaticPopcorn said:
sign8c.png

Abe: Follow me
Other guy: OK

That's no other guy, that's Twinsen :cry:

twinsenzoe2.jpg

twinsody.jpg

I remember going into the gradeschool at the town, beating up the kids there for the lulz, until they told me their big brothers would get me. I loled and beat them up some more. Once I get bored, I get out the door only to be greeted by their big brothers in line, each one of them giving me a bitchslap, then walking away.

PlanHex

Arcane
Patron
Gragt said:
That was a great moment. I prefer the title Little Big Adventure though.
But then it doesn't highlight the fact that it's Abe's Oddysee meeting up with Twinsen's Odyssey. :P

Also, what's all the talk of Deionarra? I see no ghostly visage before me.

Bluebottle

Erudite
Patron
Dead State Wasteland 2
The big dust could scuffle that has Mega-Man, also has the guy from Crusader: No Remorse and, I think, the cowboy robot is from Z.

The elephant to the left of Kane is from Krush, Kill 'n' Destroy.

Directly below AvP is the guy and woman from broken sword (with a broken sword), with the guy from WarcraftIII in front of them.

Longshanks

Augur
lightbane said:
I think that the ones of Still life are actually a reference to Infernal.
Never heard of Infernal, but the resemblance to Still Life 2's main character is very strong:

dbx

Arcane
Patron
Bottom right corner: Another World...
The memories...i'm almost crying.
Great fucking image. Now my new desktop image.
Thanks OP!

Divinity: Original Sin
sign12b.png

To the warm sea

Jack carver from far cry.

the guy opening the trashcan with the cat from alley cat is edward carnby, gfrom alone in the dark.

Reject_666_6

Arcane
Does anyone else think that the skeleton legionnaire sitting at the Alice/Pyramid Head/Pacman table is Pious Augustus from Eternal Darkness?

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
DramaticPopcorn said:
sign9.png

"Cursed capitalist!"
(Also, isn't this guy from Jagged Alliance?)
I said it already. That's Ivan Dolvich in his portrait outfit, buying an "I <3 Arulco" t-shirt from Queen Deidranna.

Reject_666_6 said:
Does anyone else think that the skeleton legionnaire sitting at the Alice/Pyramid Head/Pacman table is Pious Augustus from Eternal Darkness?
Armed_and_Dangerous_box_cover.png

Are you people too fuckin' dumb to make a search through the thread before posting your inane shit?

Panthera

Scholar
What's the purple-haired chick in the top-left corner with the bard? Is that from Bard's Tale?

deuxhero

Arcane
Clockwork Knight said:
Melcar said:
Who the fuck hasn't heard of Daikatana before?

You mostly hear about the game itself, not the characters. I noly know that the black guy is called SUPERFLY JOHNSON

Yeah, I've never acctually bothered to look at what the game looks like.

Pablosdog

Prophet
I played Diakatana until the second chapter. As a ten year old I wasn't thrilled. But yes, Superfly johnson, and your partner were all time traveling mercenaries(i think?).

I never bothered to slog through the whole thing, so I'm probably mistaken somewhere. But either way, shit game.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
What I particularly remember about Daikatana was how utterly surprised everyone was that Deus Ex was such a masterpiece, since no one expected Ion Storm to manage to deliver after Daikatana.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Vaarna_Aarne said:
What I particularly remember about Daikatana was how utterly surprised everyone was that Deus Ex was such a masterpiece, since no one expected Ion Storm to manage to deliver after Daikatana.

Thank god Ion storm Austin had nothing to do with Ion Storm Dallas. Although they did manage to make Anachronox, but it was basically Tom Hall's baby.

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
I still plan to play Daikatana one day to see if it is as bad as they say. I know that the latest patch was said to fix a lot of problems of the initial release, like the atrocious teammates AI, so I wonder if that would fix it a bit. Wouldn't change the rumored bad level design though.

Fens

Ford of the Llies
Pablosdog said:
I played Diakatana until the second chapter. As a ten year old I wasn't thrilled. But yes, Superfly johnson, and your partner were all time traveling mercenaries(i think?).

I never bothered to slog through the whole thing, so I'm probably mistaken somewhere. But either way, shit game.

went through daikatana from start to finish just to prove... well... dunno anymore... but whatever it was, i sure did prove it

you're right about the time travel... and the "shit game"

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom