Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

'BioWare Cancelled Mass Effect-Type Narrative Action IP'

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
http://www.nowgamer.com/news/1139541/bi ... on_ip.html

Online CV reveals cancelled AAA project.

Published on Nov 21, 2011
Mass Effect creator BioWare had a AAA franchise in development between 2008 and 2010 which similarly combined narrative and action according to the LinkedIn page of former employee Edward Douglas.

As well as working on Mass Effect 2, Douglas worked as Lead Cinematics Designer on a since cancelled "AAA Narrative Action IP".

The designer's brief included "Lead next-gen interactive narrative design," as well as "IP and story development," and "creative direction for gameplay cameras and character lighting."

BioWare is currently working on Mass Effect 3 - narrative details of which recently spilled onto the internet.

BioWare is also set to unveil an as yet unannounced new project at the Video Game Awards on 10 December - the first teaser image looks like it could include racing, or at least vehicles.

BioWare parent EA recently trademarked the names 'Prison Kings', 'Secret Island', and 'Blacked Out' too, although there's no evidence of any link to BioWare's next game - yet.

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Infinitron said:
BioWare parent EA recently trademarked the names 'Prison Kings'

Fitting, what with Bioware being the worlds foremost developer of gay romance sims. Will there be dragons in the prison? Can you romance them too?

*You peek into Cell #23. You see a bitch putting on some makeup, her man Bubba nowhere to be seen*

<You look so pretty. Like a princess.> (<3)
<That looks useful.>
<I have to go.>

PC: I want to be a tranny.

Ulminati said:
Will there be dragons in the prison? Can you romance them too?

Yes, the asian gang will be called The Dragons. If you romance them (all at the same time, such is life in Prison Kings), you can't romance the russian gang (The Bears) or the african gang (The Black Pythons)

grotsnik

Arcane
Achievement Unlocked: Bunkmate Soulmate
You completed the romance with White Power Bill.

Achievement Unlocked: Love In The Laundry Room
You completed the romance with Big Dick Johnson.

Achievement Unlocked: Cavity Search
You completed the romance with the Head Warden.

A proper prison-break RPG would be great, though, wouldn't it? Make the player actually do the planning, recruit accomplices, use their skills to stay alive, gain the protection of a faction...

<That looks useful.>
<I have to go.>

PC: Stevie, leave Bubba and run away with me.

(Bubba disapproves: -30)

---------

<That looks useful.>
<I have to go.>

PC: I have to go.

*Before you turn around, you feel a sharp pain in the back of your head. The last thing you see before you pass out is Bubba's smiling face*

Bubba: No you don't, boy.

Achievement Unlocked: Dats Raciss
You found out Bubba isn't actually black.

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
Achievement Unlocked: Bunkmate Soulmate
You completed the romance with White Power Bill.

Achievement Unlocked: Love In The Laundry Room
You completed the romance with Big Dick Johnson.

Achievement Unlocked: Cavity Search
You completed the romance with the Head Warden.

Ulminati said:
GOTY material right there

100 times this
:lol: :lol:
:salute: :salute:

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
Clockwork Knight said:
If you romance them (all at the same time, such is life in Prison Kings), you can't romance the russian gang (The Bears) or the african gang (The Black Pythons)
If this is Dragon Age 2 then you should be able to romance all the gangs and break up with them after you have sex and unlock their special outfits and you'll stay on friendly terms. Of course you have to do this is in a specific order.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
True. If the player wants to be everyone's prison bitch, who are we do deny him that choice?

What about the mexican gang? DLC?

Ulminati said:
What about the mexican gang? DLC?

Andyman Messiah said:
Prison Kings: Over the border

La cucaracha, la cucaracha: Ya no puede caminar: Porque no tiene, porque le falta:

Respect

Turns out the reports of the latino gang The Cucarachas' disbandment were greatly exaggerated. Bring them back to their former glory in this explosive DLC that takes Prison Kings beyond anything you've ever seen (American territory).

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
"Narrative" "Action" "IP".

The three words that always indicate you're in for a quality gaming experience.

Black Cat

Magister
Ulminati said:
Fitting, what with Bioware being the worlds foremost developer of gay romance sims. Will there be dragons in the prison? Can you romance them too?

:rpgcodex:

You better change that to the west's foremost developer of gay romance sims before I feel compelled to defend Japan's honor by posting images from all my favorite Yaoi games.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
I remember reading Weekes talk about this on his blog. The dialogue editor was a pain to use and he was hyping up how it'd have the awesomest C&C in a Bioware game ever. Business as usual.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom