Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

BIOWARE IS FINISHED.

LeStryfe79

President Spartacus
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/0...ckson-actively-looking-for-new-opportunities/

This isn't just a guy. He was the main guy on Bioware's biggest project, probably more so than James Ohlen. Oh well, I guess they had it coming for selling out to EA.

richardgarriott.jpg

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Codex will not be satisfied until the head of one of their single player franchise staff rolls.

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Not surprising considering that the SWTOR team has been dropping like flies lately. At this point their games are driven more by EA's marketing decisions than low-level design work anyway, so it doesn't surprise me that the guy is burned out and tired of his current role.

[UD]liam

Novice
yeah so what. they also lost brent knowles and drew karpyshyn when their respective pet franchises went full ultima 9. even if ray and greg get squeezed out tomorrow infinity ward style, we're gonna keep seeing new DA and ME releases for as long as EA can financially justify them.

LeStryfe79

President Spartacus
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
It's over. Thanks a shit for RTWP, popamole, Gayder, and cum stained C&C. Fuck those decliners.

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Bioware will not die ; it will probably become "Electronic Arts", the same way Bullfrog and most of Origin did. Meaning it will become soulless and all it will do from now on is generic crap.

Oh wait.

communard

Arcane
You guys are so excitable. You do realize the game industry has a massive employee turnover rate? This is just EA being EA.

At the end of the day the people ultimately responsible for the decline of a once sorta decent developer will still get paid and the people doing the actual work will be the ones who get fucked over (with a few exceptions). Capitalism ho!

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Erickson wrote the elf rape origin in Dragon Age so fuck him.

Drakron

Arcane
You guys are so excitable. You do realize the game industry has a massive employee turnover rate? This is just EA being EA.

Lower? Yes but higher ... no, when a Lead designer leaves its not a good sign since those people dont usually leave (look at WoW) as its true staff usually moves around it even in EA the upper ranks they dont usually leave unless there are problems.

Considering TOR is not even one year old the fact its Lead Designer and Creative Director is leaving its a indication of how it performed and how the situation is at BioWare Austin.

Serious_Business

Best Poster on the Codex
actively looking for new opportunities, huh

Sounds dignified

I'll show you an opportunity asshole

I'll show you the pain

Awww yeah

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
Erickson wrote the elf rape origin in Dragon Age so fuck him.
i thought that was a neat idea in theory, but the fact that they executed it in such a kiddo friendly manner to then proceed to jokes about morrigan's or whatever her name was dirty panties was just fucking retarded.

Angthoron

Arcane
Whoop-whoop, TOR servers are merged, 1 PvE and 1 PvP server. If I gave a fuck I'd go and check out the lulz on their forums. But I don't!

Angthoron

Arcane
Bio is like Roman money - first it was like good and stuff and it had value to it, but then crisis hit and the Romans made many new Biowa- coins. They weren't forgeries because EA made them, but they tossed the value right straight into the shitter.

Bahamut

Arcane
Bioware will not die ; it will probably become "Electronic Arts", the same way Bullfrog and most of Origin did. Meaning it will become soulless and all it will do from now on is generic crap.

Oh wait.

We are the EA. Lower your shields and surrender your franchises. We will add your intelectual property and technological distinctiveness to our own. Your games will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile.

Black Shogun

Educated
Oh well, sort of sad in a way.
Bioware used to make decent games imo.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom