Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Blizzard hates Russia and freedom

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
http://www.vg247.com/2010/04/13/russian ... line-fees/

Those that live in Russia and want to play StarCraft II’s multiplayer online will be required to pay a monthly fee for the service along with adhering to some connection restrictions.

Because of certain restrictions and the cost of going online, the game will cost less out of the box than it does in Europe. The DVD version will cost 999 ruble (£20/€25) and allows for one year Russia-limited multiplayer access, while the standard game cuts that price in half and comes with 120 days worth of limited access.

Players will not be able to connect to other Europeans.

After the initial time expires, Russian players will be required to pay around €3 a month, according to IncGamers.

Another option on the table, is for players to upgrade the game to play multiplayer into infinity, which allows them to play with Europeans as well.

Currently, there is no announced price for this option, but again, Inc reports that it might run around £25/€30.

Ultimately, this means the game will end up costing Russian players more in the long run if the pricing turns out to be correct.

So, Hamster, are you still glad that Blizzard is going to supply you with quality products? :smug:

KalosKagathos

Learned
What pisses me off the most is that a normal 50$ version without any limitations won't be widely available, you'll have to import. Blizzard is free to give less to people who have to pay less, but it'd be nice if they provided an alternative to those who're ready to pay the full price.

Educated
They have internets only in Moscow anyway, so it's a good deal for them.
They'll just steal the game anyway. So will I, for that matter.

oscar

Arcane
lol wut. Does Russia have terribad internet or something?

Wyrmlord

Arcane
Costing more?

God forbid consumers pay another three euros a month!

Radech

Augur
oscarisaiah said:
lol wut. Does Russia have terribad internet or something?

it's a general custom in wc3 to kick russian players, at least in mods such as dota where ping matters, not sure if it's because of terribad internet, or just because it could be a guy connecting from vladivostok or something

Suicidal

Arcane
bllzzjew-1.jpg

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Hobo Elf said:
Players will not be able to connect to other Europeans.

Massive fucking :incline:
^yes

Russians are generally horrible players, they don't speak/write english and are just ugly people. Just like in most MMOs, the rest of Europe are glad to be rid of the them*.

not that russia is european

KalosKagathos

Learned
MetalCraze said:
EVIL AMERIKANS TRYING TO PUT HOLY MOTHER RUSSIA DOWN
THIS WILL NOT STAND
I'm rather certain that CIS countries will be getting this version along with Russia.

relootz

Scholar
Serves you right, ugly cheating annoying and unmannered Russians. We don't want you in our battlenet.

We only play with the cool kids. :smug:

Humanophage

Arcane
Good. A gated community of a sort. The price might be a bit steeper in the long run, but I won't mind paying an extra Ruble not to be plagued by all that non-white scum. (Theoretically, since I won't be playing Starcraft II.)

Europe.jpg

Because of certain restrictions and the cost of going online, the game will cost less out of the box than it does in Europe. The DVD version will cost 999 ruble (£20/€25) and allows for one year Russia-limited multiplayer access, while the standard game cuts that price in half and comes with 120 days worth of limited access.
It's probably vice versa. The game will cost less out of the box, and thus there will be certain restrictions.

Arcanoix

Scholar
Suicidal said:

^Bobby Kotick. That and Russia is pretty much the number one public enemy of all Zionist contributors, Blizzard included. Pretty much is every ActiVision game there are references that Russia is an enemy. (MW1, MW2, etc.)

aleph

Arcane
MetalCraze said:
EVIL AMERIKANS TRYING TO PUT HOLY MOTHER RUSSIA DOWN
THIS WILL NOT STAND

Aren't you Ukrainian and should be that russians get fucked?

relootz

Scholar
DraQ said:
I predict epic feats of piracy and retaliative hacking yielding many lulz.

Good.

On an unrelated note, "freedom" and "Russia" in one fucking sentence? :decline:

Freedom to be released from Russia of course. :smug:

Multi-headed Cow

This is ridiculous. And what's annoying is how little this most likely will affect their sales. Ugh.

Multi-headed Cow

True, I would have bought a beta key on Ebay had I not pirated the beta. They've got me there.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom