Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Blizzard leaking information

• Thread starter Multi-headed Cow
  • Start date
I HAVE DA SMARTER FINGER IM DA FASTER PLAYER

attackfighter

Magister
SimpleComplexity said:
I HAVE DA SMARTER FINGER IM DA FASTER PLAYER

Yes, the point of a competitive game is to be better than your opponent, gj for figuring that out :roll:

attackfighter

Magister
Dicksmoker said:
attackfighter said:
multiple unit/building selection,
Yes because it's better for things to be harder for no reason.

as opposed to easier for no reason? why not have roaches auto burrow when they're too damaged, or give workers an auto-scout ability for early game scouting, going by your stupid philosophy those are just more arbitrary skills to be thrown away.

fact is that SC2 is too easy. I picked it up, got high on the ladder, then dropped it. reminds of Halo 3. oh and Gom's so-called "pro" league is a joke, I witnessed a player take his hands off his mouse+keyboard and start screaming in his booth for nearly a whole minute, and yet he still won - it amazes me how anyone can take this shit seriously. It is like watching the special olympics, only worse.

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
Multiple selection is an improvement to UI. It doesn't effect tactics at all, it just makes giving orders less of a hassle.

Kraszu

Prophet
Dicksmoker said:
Multiple selection is an improvement to UI. It doesn't effect tactics at all, it just makes giving orders less of a hassle.

Wrong, nobody can perform all the actions that he wants in RTS, it forces players to better manage they time. For example If you want to build, and at the same you would benefit from microing something then you need to make decision on what you will do in SC2 you can do everything at once so it removes many decisions.

Kane

I have many names
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
DRW40k_Christmas_Edition_by_DaRealWurld40k.jpg

death to people who have no clue about sc2 yet talk about it alot. :smug:

Wrong, nobody can perform all the actions that he wants in RTS, it forces players to better manage they time. For example If you want to build, and at the same you would benefit from microing something then you need to make decision on what you will do in SC2 you can do everything at once so it removes many decisions.

BS.

attackfighter

Magister
Dicksmoker said:

As Kraszu said the time you could devote to your units was limited in SC1, so the tactics were harder to carry out and thus had more potential for reward since niether player would be performing them optimally. Compare this to SC2 where literally every diamond player is capable of near perfect control in most situations; it lessens the impact of gameplay (tactics included) and instead makes "strategy" the most important factor.

What's worse is that they dumbed down the tactics and micro in general. They took away most of the race defining units and replaced them with generic attack move shit ala the marauder, baneling, roach, hellion, banshee and viking. Tactics were far more dynamic in SC:BW since the armies were so unique; dropping swarms and leapfrogging lurkers while hunting science vessels with scourge is more exciting, varied and rewarding than anything in SC2, and the best thing about it is that the other 2 races function completely differently. SC2 is barren tactic wise, the vast majority of the time the only viable tactics are to get a bigger concave or to kite, the race specific tactics basically amount to zerg surrounding and protoss/terran engaging in chokes. Carrying out these few tactics over and over again pretty much optimally is far more repetitive and fruitless than anything in BW.

MetalCraze

Arcane
SimpleComplexity said:
Starcraft II: All Codexians like to bitch about when some of their favorite franchise like Fallout turns into a FPS, why not praise Bizzard for being very close to the original Starcraft in these popamole times?

Yes let's praise Blizzard for releasing graphics update for $60.
Starcraft's gameplay was (but multiplayer is still fun) cool and all but really since then RTS came a long way. They got cover (and not DoW2 piece of shit popamole, but Soldiers:HoWW2/CoH cover where every object could be used as one), they got non-linear tech-trees, they got height calculations and so on. Fuck they even got ammo ballistics. Let's praise Blizzard for rehashing 12 years old game that can't reach standards set by latter games.

KalosKagathos

Learned
attackfighter said:
multiple unit/building selection, smart casting, no highground advatage and auto clumping AI is the RTS equivalent to regenerating health and cover systems.
That's like saying Capcom fighting games are deeper than those by SNK because SNK threw away the retarded 360 and 720 motions for command grabs and replaced them with HCB to forward and HCB, HCB respectively.

You do have a point about the lack of high ground advantage.

attackfighter

Magister
Woo, strategy in my Real-Time-Strategy.

Strategy in SC2 is weak, less focus elsewhere didn't make it any deeper. In SC2 a "good" strategy is often a gamble that resulted in a BO win. There's too much focus on hard counters and the scouting is too costly to determine exactly what your opponent is up to, and this simply leads to a lot of one sided games decided by luck and not skill. BW strategy was better because it's impact was less extreme and was more about general stuff like how/when to expand than "derp Ima get this unit and hope my opponent doesn't scout/blind counter it" like in SC2.

And anyways I prefer the gameplay aspects of RTS more so than the strategy, as gameplay is what makes up 99% of playtime.

That's like saying Capcom fighting games are deeper than those by SNK because SNK threw away the retarded 360 and 720 motions for command grabs and replaced them with HCB to forward and HCB, HCB respectively.

I never said those made BW deeper, just that they casualized SC2 too much. In SC2 the mechanics are so easy that everyone can perform almost optimally, and having above average mechanics yields diminishing returns since there's so few ways to distinguish yourself. There's also not enough to do, you literally spend the majority of the game with your camera in your natural, overlooking your retarded attack move army as you occasionally bring up your production buildings to lazily spam a few hotkeys. In BW there was always something to do.

But but Day9 who was once progamer himself likes the game and is happy with it (only one example) and all other pros are switching over and now you're telling us the game is shit. I don't know who should i believe. Actually i do know.

Kraszu

Prophet
SimpleComplexity said:
But but Day9 who was once progamer himself

He wasn't a progamer, to be a pro gamer you should at least be able to support your living from playing the game. Also people like Day9, or Artosis benefit financially from SC2 popularity so you don't know what they motives are, they are also happy that there is a very popular RTS in the west, and SC:BW will not become popular there.

SimpleComplexity said:
likes the game and is happy with it (only one example) and all other pros are switching over and now you're telling us the game is shit.

Actually very few, and mostly low level pros had switched, there is easier money to be made in SC2 due to level of competition/lower game difficulty. Just check how many pros had switched, and what they KeSPA rankings were.

Reject_666_6

Arcane
Day9's financial benefit form SC2 is minimal. Being invited to a couple of conventions every year is far from financial stability.

And there is a high-ground advantage in SC2. It's called line of sight. Shocking concept, I know.

Pika-Cthulhu

Arcane
I have some reason to doubt, and some reason to believe the original image.

On one hand, Blizzard is smart enough not to release a game in direct competition for sales with one of their other games, so having two games being released in the same month is difficult for me to believe Blizzard will do, However....

Kotick/Activision, will quite happily bury any goodwill or credibility that Blizzard has developed over the years for more money, and I can easily believe that the scum that is Activision would push for earlier release of a mainstream streamlined hyper casual bullshit product in direct competition with another mainstream streamlined hyper casual bullshit product both bearing the blizzard name.

Auto allocating stats in D3

Blizzard is dead to me

fizzelopeguss

Arcane
MetalCraze said:
SimpleComplexity said:
Starcraft II: All Codexians like to bitch about when some of their favorite franchise like Fallout turns into a FPS, why not praise Bizzard for being very close to the original Starcraft in these popamole times?

Which is all ARMA is.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
attackfighter said:

attackfighter said:
PS you're wrong anyways, plenty of pros have made the exact criticisms that I've made and some have openly stated that they think BW is the better game.

The irony here is astounding.

and day9 is retarded

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ad_hominem

:thumbsup:

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
fizzelopeguss said:
MetalCraze said:
SimpleComplexity said:

Which is all ARMA is.

Yep. You just pushed the red button on Skyway though...

Joghurt

Augur
fizzelopeguss said:
MetalCraze said:
SimpleComplexity said:

Which is all ARMA is.

:D :D :D

+500 XP

As much as I like ARMA series, it's p.much true.

attackfighter

Magister
Reject_666_6 said:
Day9's financial benefit form SC2 is minimal. Being invited to a couple of conventions every year is far from financial stability.

Actually he recently asked his viewers to send him thousands of dollars and they obliged.

He's also invited to blizzcon a lot and given lots of free merchandise. Like many of the SC2 elite he probably doesn't feel SC2 is a good game, but rather a good scene, meaning he can use it as an excuse to do his gay show and cash in.

attackfighter said:
Actually he recently asked his viewers to send him thousands of dollars and they obliged.
Link please? Also for what purpose?
And for a person who finds Day9 retarded you surely are good informed about his doings. Makes me wonder.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom