Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Blood Bowl: The End

Who is the Codex's Pre-Season MVP?

• Jaedar

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • stabby

• Angelo85

• Gondolin

• eklektyk

• LundB

• good little toastboy

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Dead State Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
My psychic powers fail me only 1 time out of 36 and I say it's a touchdown.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Hyper Charging Stars

01.jpg

2-1 CODEXIA, FUCK YEAH!

FINAL DRIVE!
02.jpg

ALL IN! You can see they're setting up two Bull Centaurs on the line. They're really going for a fast rushdown to the end zone. Regular dwarves can't do this.

03.jpg

Kick it long!

04.jpg

SEMI FINALS BECKON! LET'S GO KNIGHTS!

05.jpg

THE FANS WANT MOAR!

06.jpg

TRY AND GET IT SCUM!

07.jpg

Minor skirmish in LoS, eklektyk, gondolin gets taken down, but unhurt.

08.jpg

Hobo burns a reroll for the pick up! Walks as far as he can and...

09.jpg

- passes?! :eek:

10.jpg

:eek: PERFECT LAUNCH! :eek:

11.jpg

PERFECT CATCH! :eek:

12.jpg

HANDOVERS TO THE ST5 BULL !:eek:

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

:hmmm: Made all 3 Go-For-Its without using Sure Feet.

16.jpg

Oh, FFS...

17.jpg

PHEW! Fucking assholes ain't giving up without a fight. We'll finish this!

:x

RK47

Patron
One with the Win

01.jpg

CODEXIANS ASSEMBLE!

02.jpg

Whoever isn't marked, MARK THAT MOTHERFUCKER!

03.jpg

04.jpg

TAKE THIS!

05.gif

06.jpg

:yeah:

07.jpg

He's down! VICTORY IS AT HAND!

08.jpg

REINFORCE! NOW!

09.jpg

10.jpg

None will have the ball from us!

11.jpg

Your turn, monster!

12.jpg

Is that the best you can do?!

13.jpg

:yeah:

14.jpg

15.jpg

I don't care how many you've taken down. Victory is ours!

Our turn!
16.jpg

Finish this!

17.jpg

05.gif

18.jpg

19.jpg

It is what you deserve!

20.jpg

Ricky! Get the ball!

21.jpg

Get it safe!

22.jpg

23.jpg

24.jpg

VICTORY!

RK47

Patron
Full time

The Ladies know the game is over, and decides to just hit some players out of spite, but no injuries were inflicted to the Knights, a Higher Power is protecting them today, guiding them to victory. Final Result 2-1!

01.jpg

02.jpg

So much smiles, joy, and tears as the Knights advance to the semi-finals with a near flawless win against the First Ladies.

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

The MVP goes to the Ogre. Despite his fatal showing on turn 6 that resulted in a Ladies' touchdown, the judges see it fit to award him the Punching Bag award. Alas, it was not enough to skill him up. :(

ImageMatchReport.aspx

What crazy match awaits us next week, I wonder.

RK47

Patron
Is it just me or was that guy not very good.

I already mentioned it before his team isn't complete yet. The lack of Block on the Bull Centaurs, absence of Minotaur. The Guard dwarves did make a fight out of it, but without a ST piece that can actually take a both down result - I'm just going to get those high speed trucks isolated and knocked down.

AAR by opposing coach.

Knights 2 - 1 Ladies

Well, that ends my run. I'm pretty happy getting to the quarters with a TV1000 team. I expected to end up in the Failoffs, so this is gravy. Another season and I think The Ladies will be a force to be reckoned with. Eleanor Roosevelt needs block and break tackle. After that she's golden.

I struggled all game with my MA limitations. I chose to receive, and my drive started out pretty normally, but I rushed a bit around turn 4 and lost the ball. After a flub on RK's ogre I managed to get an advantage deep in RK's territory and scored on my turn seven. RK had two turns to score, and after my cursed blitz against his catcher he was able to do a hand-off and run...and then failed the gfi in the endzone, ending the first half 1-0.

The second half opened with RK scoring on, I think, his third round. After that it was up to me to score the tie-breaker. RK set up to his right side and had a great kick, which I was poorly prepared for. The next three turns were made up of me struggling to retain the ball, but eventually failing to do so, and RK scored his second TD. I had three turns to turn it around, and managed a great pass/handoff to Eleanor Roosevelt, along with a trot downfield, but RK was able to swarm me again and I was unable to score in the end.

It was a good game, and RK used all of his advantages with the humans. I was absolutely unable to break his armor, and he had some great blocking dice. Good luck to RK against Megrim. That's going to be a fun match to watch.

RK47

Patron
Azira gets a normal roll. What to give him?
Block - Diving Catch is his current skills.

Nathair

Educated
Well it'd work much better if he kept the centaurs and dwarves together. Slow I know but such are dwarves. Some turns a dwarf cage won't actually move anywhere. You have to accept that and keep grinding. One reason to have a mere hobgoblin carry the ball - then the bull centaur can make some ground without risking exposing it. Never mind the 1/4 chance of the centaur not picking up to start with.

Those vampires really do seem like they'll be rather utterly random to play with/against.

RK47

Patron
Those vampires really do seem like they'll be rather utterly random to play with/against.

Not exactly.

Semi Final Preview

This is his team.
histeam.png

Notice he has 4 Team RR + 1 Leader = 5 Rolls to overcome Bloodlust.
Bloodlust only triggers on Roll of 1 vs 1d6
This guy has 2 Vamps with Pro too in case he wants to save the team reroll.

This is our team.
myteam.png

We lose on the STR match up.
4x ST 4 Vampires
2x ST 5 Vampires
vs
1x ST 5 Ogre

We lose on the AG match up.
4x AG 4 Vampires
2x AG 5 Vampires

However... they have only a sole guard.
1x Guard Vampire
vs
3x Guard Blitzers
2x Guard Linemen

I'm guessing they want to use Hypnotic Gaze to disable our guards. It's an AG-based stun during their turn that has no chance of turnover. That way they can remove tackle zones and block with no disadvantages.

Roster count
6x Vampires
6x Thralls
vs
5x Linemen
4x Blitzers
2x Catchers
2x Throwers
1x Ogre

With only a 12 man roster (1x Kicker thrall missing this game) team, they might not even need the bench since the 6 vampires comes with Regeneration. And if that fails, they still have apothecary. In comparison, we have 14 men.

The Gameplan
Our only hope seems to revolve around a thrall take-down game. Basically buy a bribe, and stomp every single downed thrall to thin their number. Once they run out of cattle to suck on, Bloodlust starts to have severe effect on the Vampire team's performance and hopefully that will equate to more manpower advantage on the field.
11 vs 10 may not mean much, but once it turns into 9 vs 6... things will fall apart.

Available Inducement
1740 TV s 2040 TV
We should have 300,000 worth of inducements going into this game.
Just enough to call upon the Mankind's Last and Best Hope...

03.jpg

Halfling Master Chef (300,000) - Take out their reroll, take out their thralls.

Darth Roxor

Rattus Iratus
Staff Member
Given how they have omni-MA6, you can try going for some really mofo running game +M

RK47

Patron
Given how they have omni-MA6, you can try going for some really mofo running game

You need to explain to me how we do a running game when our cage edges are going to be 2D blocked, Hypno-Gazed, and within Tackle Zone of ST4 players. :M

WUTEVAITTAKES.png

FAIRPLAY.png

Nathair

Educated
Well, with 6 vampires that is, on average, 1 going for a bite every turn. It blows the chosen action too and has him attack a thrall, go off pitch if he can't do that etc. Even with those 4 team rerolls it really could quite easily cripple him. Or have minimal effect.

Agree about the prospects for a cage!

RK47

Patron
Watched a replay of his game vs the Lizards Quarter Finals

Scary as fuck.
This is his receiving setup.
04.jpg

A lone thrall at the back with Sure hands and Block. Four vamps at the wing. One just outside LOS and one inside LOS.

Kick goes off-field, Thrall gets a free ball. Moves the thrall first.
Followed by a thrall forward to assist a blitz on a Lizard.
05.jpg

MB Saurus downed. One Bloodlust successful. Moves the Blitz piece back within left contact of LOS.

06.jpg

Note that he is not moving the free Vamps first - because for Vampires, every move could cost them. Bloodlust limits their unnecessary movement. Other teams can do 'screening' with no concerns but for a vamp to relocate - it could mean an ejection or a badly hurt thrall without even getting to where he wants to be!

LOS Vamp takes out the Lizard. Left Flank Vamp gets in, Hynoptic Gaze the LOS edge. Giving the thralls the full +3 Assist on the Kroxigor Block.

07.jpg

End result: a combined total of 17 ST players taken down. Still think a 0 SPP Ogre would be helpful?

RK47

Patron
Also , his previous match 1d6 rolls.

08.jpg

Y'know at this point. If Nuffle ask me to masturbate furiously before the match... or not masturbate for a week before the match to ensure me victory. I'd do it. 58 out of 65 success. 12 Hypnotic Gazes. Nuffle, if you want to fuck someone's dice up. This is the chance.

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Statistically, that luck should not hold. But statistics is a bitch. You can't count on it.

Whatever the outcome, it should prove entertaining. :M

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom