Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Bradylama's Fallout Iron Man Challenge!

dagorkan

Arbiter
Somebuddy do a new version of this thread, for F2 + Killap's mod.

Being a big gay tubesteak hahahahahahahahag
A noble hero, Grabcrotch Vaultdweller, sets forth on his quest.

scr00000.jpg

He passes through the rat cave with little difficulty, defusing the whole situation with his powerful diplomacy. However, the strain of convincing the particularly dense Lemmiwinks of the finer points of the Epicurean lifestyle proves too great for our as-yet untrained hero, and he cripples his right leg.

scr00002.jpg

I foresee some amount of trouble ahead.

scr00003.jpg

MY RIGHT LEG IS CRIPPLED AND WALKING ACROSS TOWN TAKES A WHILE
WHY CAN'T YOU SEE THIS

scr00004.jpg

Scolding the healing powers of these so-called doctors, Grabcrotch attempts to heal his crippled leg with inventive use of a rope, two stimpaks, a guide to hitchhiking and four local boys. Unwilling though they were, the result was a complete success. Emboldened, Grabcrotch sets out to find a companion to aid him in his epic quest.

scr00005.jpg

Fuck.

scr00006.jpg

Scolding companionship as well as conventional surgery, Grabcrotch sets out to the radscorpion caves alone to prove his worth. All goes well at first...

scr00007.jpg

And does not continue in the same manner.

vd_tombstone.jpg

MLMarkland

Arcane
Developer
Don't call it a come back, I've been here for years
marklandf2lp00qq6.jpg

Hellllooooo, ladies. Rip Hung is a chem reliant sex addict with high intelligence and charisma. He's handy with his tongue, his hands and knows how to up-sell.
marklandf2lp01na1.jpg

I wonder what's inside...
marklandf2lp02ja2.jpg

Ants hurt... this guy is a lover/compulsive fornicator not a fighter
marklandf2lp03tf3.jpg

I thought about making a new thread for this thing. But now that it's been brought back, I approve. I should try at Fallout 1 again, in between Deus Ex and Spore.

Unwanted

Kalin

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Gravedig and all that, but this beauty needs to be revived:

Zx51a.jpg

The Community is in danger. No water chip, no Vault. No Vault, no community!

For his outstanding service, Quality Assurance Officer Stanley Woo is given the task of venturing forth outside the confines of the Social Network, to locate and bring back a suitable replacement chip.

As a senior moderator and upholder of impeccable standards, Stanley is gifted with great perception. He is also more intelligent than most, but lacks the charisma to truly win people over with words. The blood of the sneaky Chinamen runs through his veins, so he enjoys positive racial modifiers to the mathemagic and sneaky scouting skill, while losing out on strength and girth. On the plus side, this makes him more agile.

Given that he was chosen for what is likely a suicide mission, his luck can but only be considered to rank below average.

TdvCJ.jpg

After slaughtering several pesky rats, Stanley ventures out into the cruel outside world for the very first time in his life.

As befitting of a man with a mission, he immediately sets out towards the location of Vault 15.

QxIAk.jpg

On the way there, Stanley encounters an inferior community. The inhabitants offer precious little of value.

After trading for some basic supplies, securing a book on wilderness survival and smugly pointing out the fallacies of their farming methods, Stanley presses on.

hj815.jpg

Massive, mutated scorpions assault our noble knight, but by emloying the secret technique of running like a girl and shooting at them from a distance, Woo emerges victorious!

I4J9C.jpg

Phew!

AnCv2.jpg

pYFXt.jpg

Vault 15 is a complete wreck. The Overseer's information was incorrect - there is no working water purification chip to be found here, only rats, rubbish and more rats.

Oh... And a rather stylish leather outfit and an SMG.

Stanley promptly returns to the Community to deliver the bad news.

vWIdh.jpg

4u6Ci.jpg

Look Stanley, I understand that it is hard, but we are counting on you. And we are running out of time. Please, try harder.

B4a8B.jpg

Yes Overseer! I will locate a water chip by any means possible!

mFsUn.jpg

On the way back out, Stanley encounters a member of the community who is less than excellent towards the others.

B4a8B.jpg

Insubordination will not stand! We have rules of conduct in this community, and you explicitly agreed to follow them when you signed up to participate.

END OF LINE

Ydk92.jpg

Our hero decides to investigate the community southeast of Shady Sands.

rRPMN.jpg

duvFC.jpg

GCWUE.jpg

Inappropriate.

END OF LINE!

1sgLV.jpg

JiKfT.jpg

7Ogrr.jpg

zW11Y.jpg

:yeah:

vnU4Y.jpg

*click*

No more ammo.

:rage:

jJT9r.jpg

Suffice to say: Tactical relocation pending proper quality enforcement!

YS8t4.jpg

Stanley heads down south, to try to find some of the settlements the inefficient farmers spoke of. Perhaps the folks down there know of a suitable replacement for the water chip.

On the way, he encounters the corpse of a merchant, but more blasted scorpions surprise him. Without ammo, this could be a hard fight!

22faP.jpg

VZ1ag.png

Fortunately, Stanley knows basic East Asian self-defence!

aNqim.jpg

r0B6k.jpg

bSGV2.jpg

His racial agility bonus comes in handy!

Sg0bt.jpg

:x!!!

So much for fat loot!

2xMwi.jpg

Armed only with an inefficient knife, tactical repositioning is very much warranted.

zK3BQ.jpg

After a few days, our hero reaches Junktown. Despite being out of ammo, he does his duty as an upholder of righteousness and stabs a negroid assassin, saving the life of the local Sheriff.

The fellow offers Woo as much ammo as he can carry if he takes out the local kingpin responsible for the attempt. Sounds like a good deal!

WC5kJ.jpg

END OF LINE!

Bs0jJ.jpg

:thumbsup:

mVgt6.jpg

UXgbd.jpg

Some more scum are cleansed!

nhx7c.jpg

WHA!?

sVTzL.jpg

Ingrates!

p3L5u.jpg

After shooting his way out with his new dog companion, Woo embarks on another trip south and eventually reaches a considerably larger settlement, hopefully more inclined to aid him in his quest.

tLWrA.jpg

Gq3nI.jpg

Impressed with our work in Junktown, a local gangster offers Woo an obviously illegal job. Clearly, there is only one thing to do: report him to the moderators!

IaLQn.jpg

clAvI.jpg

Normally it might be dangerous, but these are the guys with combat armour and heavy weaponry standing all around town. With that in mind, how bad could it be?

GA4tf.jpg

eA4qX.png

FFUUUUUU!!!!

0GeMe.jpg

There is still time to make it to the stairs!

Initiating tactical repositioning maneuver!

ow0ud.jpg

You cannot leave the hideout during this combat.

WJvl7.jpg

vd_tombstone.jpg

Stanley Woo - head bashed in by Kane
Dogmeat - Shot to pieces by Decker's guards

Unwanted

Kalin

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
tAYwA.jpg

Time to try this again. Meet Ron Paul, good natured statesman and doctor. Hopefully a more peaceful approach will work better.

IkvZ8.jpg

Paul stops by in Shady Sands, convinces Ian to help him and also assists the local doctor in creating a radscorpion antidote.

WEVPH.jpg

Vault 15 cleared, social and medical skills enhanced further.

msTnZ.jpg

A pack of malicious mole rats is destroyed, much thanks to Ian.

Our medical skills come in handy for regaining lost health.

ZEHQg.jpg

The fascist Overseer is most unwilling to free the people of the Vault. Typical fed behaviour.

Paul heads down to Junktown, stands by non-interventionist style during the assassination attempt, talks a crazy raider out of whacking a prostitute and eventually meets Gizmo.

4PRqv.jpg

kpoGK.jpg

Wha-

UDRCD.jpg

vd_tombstone.jpg

So much for honest diplomacy. :(

Unwanted

Kalin

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
iLvw9.jpg

The time for half-measures has passed. Inquisitor Hellraiser is sent forth to purge the wastes and reclaim what is rightfully ours.

SoqH5.jpg

Despite his best efforts, the location of a suitable water purification chip eludes him. Determined to succeed at all costs, Hellraiser travels back to Shady Sands, to ascertain whether the Vault 15 chip is truly lost or has been scavanged by the unclean.

UGTpe.jpg

The locals prove to be uncooperative. A small example is made, and our hero continues his journey, walking south. He stops briefly in a hostile little outpost called Junktown, before making it to the Hub, a large trading community.

There, he sells off a large amount of liberated items, and learns of the possible location of a suitable replacement chip in a place called Necropolis.

LhR3i.jpg

Aside from scores of degenerate ghouls, the place is infected with obscenely large "super" mutants. Using clever tactics, Hellraiser purges them all and recovers new, powerful weapons.

Z4vWS.jpg

Among them is the flamethrower, which comes in quite handy. Our noble champion finally has access to proper, cleansing instruments.

awKwQ.jpg

A suitable water purification chip is recovered, but despite the success, our hero's services are still very much in demand.

dAuXr.jpg

Hellraiser departs once more for the Hub, where he joins a caravan leaving for the Brotherhood of Steel.

The journey is not entirely peaceful:

AX7FD.jpg

fvAEj.jpg

BHBS9.jpg

The Power Armour worn by the Brotherhood members would be useful for the great cleansing at hand. Hellraiser decides to play along with their request, to gain access to their base.

IUlwh.jpg

bQRF4.jpg

After some more travelling, Hellraiser makes it to the Boneyard, the last settlement before the journey to the ruins of the Ancient Order. While examining the place a bit closer, he is assaulted by a bunch of depraved opportunists!

B1DKk.jpg

wDAdI.jpg

UY4lo.jpg

hT5kI.jpg

Clever positioning and use of Holy Fire takes care of the henchmen, but the leader emerges unscathed!

RHKrh.jpg

iiuaY.jpg

LARJd.jpg

Burst fire, accompanied by quite possibly the worst final line ever, shreds Hellraiser to pieces!

:what:

vd_tombstone.jpg

And here I thought I'd actually make it for a change. In retrospect, I should've kept trying with the flamethrower, or sniped him from a distance.

On the plus side, doing these ironman runs is teaching me step by step how to play the game again.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom